Change Soft Key to 'New Appointment'

Guest chickyd

Guest chickyd

Does anyone know how I can change the 'Calendar' soft key to go direct to a new appointment form?

Bear in mind that I have never done registry edits before so any info on exactly how I go about this would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers.

Guest MitchellO

That sounds like a good idea. I would like to know this too.

Maybe there is some way of making a shortcut to the new appointment function. If so, then you can use the registry hack to change the softkey to the shortcut.

Just a thought.

That sounds like a good idea. I would like to know this too.

Maybe there is some way of making a shortcut to the new appointment function. If so, then you can use the registry hack to change the softkey to the shortcut.

Just a thought.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I wanna change this button to a start button, but every app I've tried installing won't let me do it.

Guest chucky.egg

The code you need for a shortcut is this:

99#poutlook.exe calendar -new

The easiest way is to create a text file, add that code, rename the text file to NewAppt.lnk, copy it to your phone

If you look in the Features forum here there are instructions on how to change the function of the Softkeys (these work for WM2003SE, dont know what the Wizard runs)

My M500 runs WM2003SE, but doesn't have SoftKeys, so I can't really advise. You could accomplish the same thing using a Button Mapper (I use the imaginatively titled "Vito Button Mapper")

• 2 years later...
Guest uconnpat
The code you need for a shortcut is this:

99#poutlook.exe calendar -new

The easiest way is to create a text file, add that code, rename the text file to NewAppt.lnk, copy it to your phone

If you look in the Features forum here there are instructions on how to change the function of the Softkeys (these work for WM2003SE, dont know what the Wizard runs)

My M500 runs WM2003SE, but doesn't have SoftKeys, so I can't really advise. You could accomplish the same thing using a Button Mapper (I use the imaginatively titled "Vito Button Mapper")

Thank you so much for this post I have been looking for hours for this shortcut thank you so much