2GB SD Card in MPX200?

Guest emperorrulez2000

Guest emperorrulez2000

Hallo everyone!

Is it possible to use a 2 GB SD CArd in my MPX 200? Did anyone sucessfully try it, and which brand did you use (Sandisk?).

Thanks!

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :)

Technically it should not be a problem due to the way SD cards work and access it's information but I have not personally tried a 2gb card on any device at the moment.

Guest trendmonster

Just like what awarner said...it might be possible but I doubt it because the specs of the phone say max 1GB. It's worth a shot if you have a 2GB SD handy though.

There is one person I know of for sure that has tried a 2GB SD in the MPx200, and it didn't work. He put the 1GB in the phone and it worked, put the 2GB in and it froze the phone.

It was a Sandisk 2GB. I suppose it is possible that another brand or card would work, but he is the only person I have read that actually tried a 2GB in a MPx200, and it didn't work. When he put the card in, the phone would actually shut down.

Guest xxcrashxx

so, does that mean that only certian manufacuters products might work with the phone. also, are u guys sure theres no sd wifi cards out there that have drivers for any of the WM OS's??? ive done a lil bit of searching, but havent found much. i did however find a mini-sd wifi card. i suppose that would be helpful in the mpx220 thread, huh???

about this topic tho, i work at an electronics store, so when i get my phone up and running, ill talk to either the ppl in the camera section, or maybe even my manager and see if theres a 2gb sd card we have that isnt sandisk. although, i think we only carry sandisk sd cards, oh well.....

Guest awarner [MVP]
so, does that mean that only certian manufacuters products might work with the phone. 

Yep, avoid kingmax cards. the 512MB card I had flatly refused to work and the phone always reported that it wanted to do a format.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XiSt3nCe

I've tried a Kingston 2GB with no sucess. When I put it in, The phone just freezes :?:

If anyone has had any success with other brands, I'd sure like to hear it.

• 3 weeks later...
Hallo everyone!

Is it possible to use a 2 GB SD CArd in my MPX 200? Did anyone sucessfully try it, and which brand did you use (Sandisk?).

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have recently bought a 2GB 150x SD card made by Adata (from Ebay) and put it in my MPX200. It worked fine :) (i.e, did not freeze my MPX200), but it only "saw" the first 1GB and (System Info) did not show the space beyond 1GB. So the additional GB did not seem to be useful for the MPX200 applications. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest aaraya1516

2gb does work...A-Data 2gb 50x sd disk works on wm2003 but not on wm2002 or wm2005. if anybody knows how to allow full 2gb for the later please post...otherwise they only say 1gb...

Guest Agеnt
2gb does work...A-Data 2gb 50x sd disk works on wm2003 but not on wm2002 or wm2005.  if anybody knows how to allow full 2gb for the later please post...otherwise they only say 1gb...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think nobody now, how to resolver this problem. I have a Question:"You does not suffice a 1 GB memory:) ;) ;) :( "

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kpyto

Sorry for my bad English.

I must say that is in ouf forum (russian-languge i mean) people try the 1Gb, 2Gb with MPx200 and NO PROBLEMS!!!!

So, you too can use it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kpyto
ok, so how do you do it on wm2005?? what program do you use to read 2gb? cuz I can only read 2gb on wm2003

Why you see a problem?

In WM 2005, when you will install it on 2Gb card, jast one problem - there a lot of time waiting when this card will be formated.

So, it should be working on WM2005, I thing....

When WM 200 installing on 1Gb card - waiting 30-60 min,

if card very slow - more time. With 2Gb card - maube 120 min.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest m1.carson

Hi,

Just put a Sandisk 2 gig card in my mpx200, system info shows card storage as 951.01 MB, so, it looks as though even using 2003, 1gig is the limit.

Next step will be to partition it into 2 x 1gigs, and see what happens, unless someone's already tried, and can let me know before I total it. ;)

Weeell, that's one part of an answer, my partitioning s/ware doesn't see the card in my reader, [it is quite an old prog], will have to find another way.

Edited by m1.carson

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xxcrashxx

im sure using like partition magic version 8 would be able to partition the card. not too sure tho, havent tried it.