New I600 User and Set up

Guest SteveCDN

Guest SteveCDN

I just picked up an i600 and will be setting it up with our CDN wireless provider...

My question is on the software to set up on my PC - It was a verizon phone and still running 2002.

Should I use the installation disks from Verizon...or is there a better way to hard reset the device and load it up with non branded OS.

Thanks

S.

What Canadian provider can activate Verizon branded CDMA phones? There are no unbranded ROMs for the i600, it is a Verizon phone. There is a WM2003 ROM available for it though.

Guest SteveCDN

Bell says they can do it - they need the lock codes, which I got from Verizon.

But my latest challenge is that the Bell rep at the store could not figure out how to get to the unlock interface. Blah. Not sure if this is a result of the person not being that bright, or Verizon having different codes to get to that sceen to enter the unlock code.

The end result is that getting the full functionality of this phone on their network is suspect, but I am going to try.

Does anyone know how to get to that unlock screen?

What Canadian provider can activate Verizon branded CDMA phones?  There are no unbranded ROMs for the i600, it is a Verizon phone.  There is a WM2003 ROM available for it though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest SteveCDN

Success!! well almost - I know how to set the phone up. But Bell says they can only set it up as analog. :) That means all the cool digital stuff is bunk.

I need to work my friends..to see if I can get them to add it to there network properly...but I am getting close.

S.

Bell says they can do it - they need the lock codes, which I got from Verizon.

But my latest challenge is that the Bell rep at the store could not figure out how to get to the unlock interface.  Blah.  Not sure if this is a result of the person not being that bright, or Verizon having different codes to get to that sceen to enter the unlock code.

The end result is that getting the full functionality of this phone on their network is suspect, but I am going to try.

Does anyone know how to get to that unlock screen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest SinisterJunkie

Maybe I'm completely missing something, but I don't believe the i600 is capable of an analog signal. I think the i600 only operates on 800 and 1900 MHz CDMA bands.