Orange SPV-550 / Parrot CK3100 / Object push prob

Guest pgrier

Hi

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere - I had a good look and couldn't find anything.

I've just had the Parrot CK3100 fitted to my car, to work alongside my Orange SPV-550, and it so far seems a dream. Great sound quality for both me and the person on the other end of the phone, easy pairing, tolerable interface, voice dialling works fine etc etc

The only problem I'm having is in getting my contacts from the SPV over to the Parrot.

I know that you have to push them one by one from the phone. It's worked fine for 3 contacts, but every time I try it now, the push fails.

I'm currently selecting the contact I want to push, pressing MENU, then BEAM CONTACT. The phone looks for Bluetooth devices, and after about 10 seconds comes up with a string of hex characters as a device that it's found. After another 10 seconds, those hex characters change to say "Parrot CK3100".

I press "BEAM", and the word PEND appears next to "Parrot CK3100", shortly followed by the word FAIL, and the contact doesn't beam to the Parrot.

The contacts on my phone do contain full address details as well, as the phone is sync'ed from my Outlook (a complete dream to do, as an aside). However, the three contacts that made it safely to the Parrot also contain full address details and multiple phone numbers, so I don't think that this is the issue.

Has anybody experienced this before? I presume (maybe foolishly) that the CK3100 has the latest firmware, given it was only installed today, and I only picked up the SPV from Orange a week ago, so ditto there.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

All the best

Paul

• 1 month later...
Guest estocks
Hi

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere - I had a good look and couldn't find anything.

I've just had the Parrot CK3100 fitted to my car, to work alongside my Orange SPV-550, and it so far seems a dream. Great sound quality for both me and the person on the other end of the phone, easy pairing, tolerable interface, voice dialling works fine etc etc

The only problem I'm having is in getting my contacts from the SPV over to the Parrot.

I know that you have to push them one by one from the phone. It's worked fine for 3 contacts, but every time I try it now, the push fails.

I'm currently selecting the contact I want to push, pressing MENU, then BEAM CONTACT. The phone looks for Bluetooth devices, and after about 10 seconds comes up with a string of hex characters as a device that it's found. After another 10 seconds, those hex characters change to say "Parrot CK3100".

I press "BEAM", and the word PEND appears next to "Parrot CK3100", shortly followed by the word FAIL, and the contact doesn't beam to the Parrot.

The contacts on my phone do contain full address details as well, as the phone is sync'ed from my Outlook (a complete dream to do, as an aside). However, the three contacts that made it safely to the Parrot also contain full address details and multiple phone numbers, so I don't think that this is the issue.

Has anybody experienced this before? I presume (maybe foolishly) that the CK3100 has the latest firmware, given it was only installed today, and I only picked up the SPV from Orange a week ago, so ditto there.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

All the best

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heres how to do the lot:

Select-all your outlook contacts, from Action dropdown choose 'forward as vcard'. On the email that appears choose File->save attachments. Save them all in a folder. Copy the folder to the smartphone storage card.

Get Smartexplorer EN from www.binarys.com

Go to the car

In the menu of the carkit in the advanced settings set the OBEX to SE P800 and P900 mode. Use smartexplorer to send all the contact via bluetooth in one go. You select all the items by highlighting the parent folder and it shows at the top data bar what quantity is selected.