C600 on upgrade?

Guest jonf

It doesn't yet show on their Upgrade website, have you tried ringing them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I rang them yesterday and spoke to the retentions deprtment as I'm toying with going over to T-Mobile for the Vario. The guy said the 600 wasn't available yet and didn't know when it would be. He also said it would not be available on a free upgrade but he tried very hard to push me on to a 550 or a Motorola Razr :) .

I'll try again next week

Edited by GregB

Guest iwilliams
I rang them yesterday and spoke to the retentions deprtment as I'm toying with going over to T-Mobile for the Vario. The guy said the 600 wasn't available yet and didn't know when it would be. He also said it would not be available on a free upgrade but he tried very hard to push me on to a 550 or a Motorola Razr :) .

I'll try again next week

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ITS OUT ON UPGRADE

just ordered mine ....

Phoned 150 then 4 and then 1

asked for retentions and got a FREE upgrade

5 mins ago

Guest YippyDawg

Just ordered mine too from the regular upgraders (not retentions) who said it came online today and it's pretty unusual for them to do so over Christmas.

However it's costing me 50 quid (I'm not a frequent flyer in mobile call terms) so the pricing is different from the C550 which I was offered for nothing.

Pretty annoying given I've been with them for 8 years and only had one upgrade handset in that time, more fool me I guess.

Guest iwilliams
Just ordered mine too from the regular upgraders (not retentions) who said it came online today and it's pretty unusual for them to do so over Christmas.

However it's costing me 50 quid (I'm not a frequent flyer in mobile call terms) so the pricing is different from the C550 which I was offered for nothing.

Pretty annoying given I've been with them for 8 years and only had one upgrade handset in that time, more fool me I guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice one

dont understand how this is possible

went to orange retail AGAIN yesterday and they said they dont know when its to be released (AGAIN, the 4th month they keep saying it)

orange customer services keep saying "oh its released, no wait its launched, no wait its under review" blah blah blah

I gave up and got the imate SP5m - perfect stuff.

Guest rikwebb

Ordered C600 Upgrade today. Upgrades offered it for £29.99, so I didnt feel the need to speak to retentions.

Funny I am on a Talkshare+ with mine, the wifes, and my 3G data card - cost £100 / month.

£29.99 for my upgrade (C600), £149.99 for the wife (Nokia N70) - she didnt get her's.................... ;-)

7 days to try it out....

Rik

Guest welshgaz

called orange thursday to get my pac code as i've moved to tmobile and got an mda vario free on an 18mth contract. orange guy kept trying to get me to cancel with them under the 14 day cooling off period and take a c550 from them. told them about the c600 and the guy said he knew nothing about it.

got a call yesterday saying that he's managed to get hold of a c600 for me free on upgrade and do i want it. sorry orange, too late!!

took my pac code to tmobile and the guy there said that they've had loads recently move to them from orange. i think tmobile are getting the better phones and have far better talk plans so come on orange, hope your reading this!

Ordered mine today as well.

Just to confirm it is £29.99 to upgrade, although I got mine free through retentions (and 30 free texts which was nice).

Due to arrive on monday - about time as well !

Guest mcwarre

Jeez,

Think of all those phones you could have gooten and sold on eBay; you should upgrade as soon as your contract is up even if you you don't want it - just flog it....

Guest generationgav

I just phoned up and asked about the phone.

It's definitly available on upgrade and for me it's free.

But if I also want to change my talkplan (mine originally came with free texts for 18months)

So if I change my talk-plan and upgrade my phone, to something which is a 12 month contract for new customers, they're going to make me renew to an 18 month contract.

I think I'm going to get the SP5 on O2, it's quite a bit of messing around with third party companies, but I can't be bothered with Orange anymore, and T-Mobile are too expensive for texters.

i was told the same.

I have sent a email saying what i want

a free phone

direct plan 500 minutes 1000 texts

£5 unlimited weekend calls to orange and landlines

12 month contract

if not i have asked for my pac code.

Lets see if they really care for exisiting customers

Louis

I forgot to mention - when I phoned them on Saturday, I waited on hold for 15 minutes to get through to retentions. In the end, they were so busy they had to phone me back - an hour later!

I guess they've got quite a few customers trying to leave!

Guest GrahamMW

Just called and upgraded. Got through straight away. No cost for upgrading. They asked if I wanted to go on a 18 month contract etc but I declined. Should arrive tomorrow 8)

Edited by GrahamMW

Guest Leaskovski

Oh Shame shame. They said they wanted £50 off of me to upgrade to the C600. I asked for retentions and they have sent me my PAC code. Oh well looks like i am gonna have to look for a new contract then. Any ideas?? The SP5 with Wifi looks good? Can i get that anywhere for a freebe?

Guest dculbert

Just got mine on upgrade through the retentions dept free with a change to a direct plan, some free insurance too which was nice. Rang up for t'other half to try and get an upgrade - exactly the same deal - was told that the termination date was in 30 days time. Other half hadn't even had a phone call asking to upgrade.

Really is shocking customer service. It it wasn't for the fact o2 don't have a phone I'd actually want, and having to pay for phones on new contracts, oh and their customer service is like from a frying pan into another frying pan........

Keep telling meself - at the end of the day - it's just a phone. Still - might be able to use tom tom now on journeys greater than 200 yards without it crashing................I'm being delusional again aren't i - sorry....

Guest snowgoon

Remember, it depends on what contract you have as to what they'll offer you.

Example - it'll cost me £50 to upgrade. I'm currently on an 02 matching 100txt 100 mins contract...

Would be handy if people could give their contract details when stating the upgrade price. It won't be free for everyone.

Guest GrahamMW
Would be handy if people could give their contract details when stating the upgrade price. It won't be free for everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am on a Any Network 120 mins, 120 text and GPRS bundle. Bill is about 35-50 per month. Have been away recently so bill have been up to £150 per month due to roaming charges.

well i got my free phone and a 12 month contract i also moved onto the direct plan 500 mins and 1000 texts for £55 lost my 5 weekend bundle which has cheesed me off but nevermind. i was on a 45 tariff previously i had to go through to customer relations to get it.

Guest GrahamMW
Sorry if its a dumb question but what is this retention lark all about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a department within Orange where they try and keep your business by offering free upgrades, better talk plans etc if you tell them you are moving to another network. However, somethimes they just let you go to another network.

Guest Leaskovski
I've just rang 150, option 4, option 1 and have upgraded my C500 for a C600 for free with no strings!  :D I was on a Talk 120 plan...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh??? I am on that plan, the 120 and i spend about £30 a month with them and they said it would cost me £50!!!

EDIT : Here, Leaskovski went on to comment on Orange and his perception of their integrity as an operator. Whilst he may well have been accurate, we have to consider the all-ages nature of the forum :)

Edit... Sorry Stu! :oops:

Edited by Leaskovski