C600 on upgrade?

Guest jonf

Guest Griff_FFOC

If you want to cancel but keep your number, a little trick is to get a Virgin PAYG sim and port your number over to that, then you should be able to port it back to orange on a new contract.

A bit of a hassle, but do-able.

Guest MonkeyJug

i upgraded mine yesterday. rang them on sunday night, and i had the phone on tuesday morning. it was free too!

i've been on a £30 per month contract for the last couple of years and got a free upgrade from my e200 to c500 this time last year as well...

:)

Guest fergus74

Just noticed that the Orange website now has the C600 up as FREE on a Pay Monthly contract.

Surely they can't then try to charge you if you want to upgrade and you're out of contract?

Can they...? :??:

Guest snowgoon

yes they can fergus - they did for me!

Apparently phone providers are no longer too concerned with customer churn, preferring to concentrate on the higher earners... so if your monthly bill falls into a certain band you have to pay to upgrade, if you monthly bills are higher you'll get it for free.

As I pointed out to Orange, the phone is free for new customers, why should I pay to upgrade - answer given: "that's just the way the system works".

Retentions didn't even want to discuss it and handed me my PAC code sharpish.

Guest magicbob

For me, upgrade cost £29.99. I'm on,

Talk time 60

Orange world access 4

Text 120

Last Bill £30.98

Even allowed me to keep the same contract... So I bit his hand off. Phone's due tomorrow or the day after. :)

louisg 

post Dec 19 2005, 13:10

well i got my free phone and a 12 month contract i also moved onto the direct plan 500 mins and 1000 texts for £55 lost my 5 weekend bundle which has cheesed me off but nevermind. i was on a 45 tariff previously i had to go through to customer relations to get it.

Hi,

how did you get it on a 12 Month Contract please??

Reason I ask is cos I was told by Orange CS that the above Contract is only available on an 18 month Contract!!!

Do I need to go through to the Retentions Deprtment??

Oh & I'm currently on the O2 400 Tarrif (400 x-mins + 50 Free Txt's), 15 meg GPRS Package + 120 Txt Bundle, bills usually come in just under or over £100 a month

Guest generationgav
Do I need to go through to the Retentions Deprtment??

Oh & I'm currently on the O2 400 Tarrif (400 x-mins + 50 Free Txt's), 15 meg GPRS Package + 120 Txt Bundle, bills usually come in just under or over £100 a month

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As you can tell, some people are struggling with getting them down; but if you phone up, with your tariff, I think you can demand that somebody delivers the C600 personally and cleans your shoes while they're there.

Speak to retentions mate.

As you can tell, some people are struggling with getting them down; but if you phone up, with your tariff, I think you can demand that somebody delivers the C600 personally and cleans your shoes while they're there.

Speak to retentions mate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Believe it or not, I spoke to the Retention's Dept. this morning & said that I'm wanting to stay with Orange, but want a FREE C600 on Direct 500 Tariff (500 Mins x-net + 1000 Txt's a month for £55), but sait that I only want it on a 12 month Contract, also told him the truth that it wasn't that I didn't want an 18 Month Contract, but that I like to upgrade my Phone every 12 Months & not wanting to wait 18 Months to be able to do so!!!

Didn't have argue or anything, he said I'll see what I can do, & sure enough got the Direct 500 Tariff on a 12 Month Contract.

:D

One slight drawback :D Parcel Line don't operate the 3 days between Christmas & New Year, so will have to wait till the first week of Jan to receive my new Phone!!!

Something to look forward to I suppose!!!

;)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
If you want to cancel but keep your number, a little trick is to get a Virgin PAYG sim and port your number over to that, then you should be able to port it back to orange on a new contract.

A bit of a hassle, but do-able.

My understanding was that you can't port a SIM _again_ for 3 months after your initial port. Means you have to have a different number for 3 months...

Guest Griff_FFOC
My understanding was that you can't port a SIM _again_ for 3 months after your initial port.  Means you have to have a different number for 3 months...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There would be a delay, it's not like it's possible to do it in a week. I've not tried this myself just what i've heard from people.

Guest generationgav

Right; I decided (slightly begrudgingly) that for what I wanted Orange would be about £10 a month cheaper than O2, even though I quite liked the SP5.

Upgrades told me the usual story, 18 months etc. and said there's no way I can do it.

Phoned retentions, asked for my PAC code, she said she was surprised that Upgrades even said 18months and made it out like they made a mistake and 12months was fine.

Because I'm a 3rd party account holder I had to phone up a 2nd time to upgrades to pretend I was the main account holder (my father) Retentions didn't even ask me for my name or password!

Edited by generationgav

Guest Maksymilian

hopefully my c600 arrives on thursday got a new price plan as well

- 500 x mins anythime

- 100 inc texts

for £30/month

told Orange that I was thinking of leaving to join 3. After they stopped laughing they price matched ;) only down side is that its an 18 mth contract. I dont think that this is too big a problem ( wont be tempted to upgrade to a stop gap phone like the c550 was to the c500! )

Guest beauchambers
I forgot to mention - when I phoned them on Saturday, I waited on hold for 15 minutes to get through to retentions. In the end, they were so busy they had to phone me back - an hour later!

I guess they've got quite a few customers trying to leave!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Orange Retentions are only about 40 people who work 4 on 4 off 12hr shifts so only 20 are on at a time

Guest burnsnet

Hi

The C600 Upgrade for my wife arrived yesterday (ordered on 19th Dec). I paid nothing for the upgarde ;) and so far my wife is very happy indeed!!!

I'm just waiting for the M3000 and then I'll be happy too!

Cheers

James

Guest gazzaman28

I'm currently on a £35/month contract which ends up costing me around £50-£55 a month all together. I called upgrades and they offered me a free upgrade from C500 to C600 but I wanted to change to the new Direct plan (100xnet minutes & 500 texts for £25) and they would only let me have that on an 18 month contract. I moaned and told them I would cancel and go PAYG for 3 months and then start a new contract. She didn't seem too bothered about how frustrated I was.

A friend suggested I call retentions and lo and behold they offered me the 12 month contract straight away. The only thing they couldn't match was the £50 free talk time which new customers get - he said there was nothing he could do about that. He was very helpful anyway and I should hopefully get the new phone on monday or tuesday.

Guest Griff_FFOC
I'm currently on a £35/month contract which ends up costing me around £50-£55 a month all together.  I called upgrades and they offered me a free upgrade from C500 to C600 but I wanted to change to the new Direct plan (100xnet minutes & 500 texts for £25) and they would only let me have that on an 18 month contract.  I moaned and told them I would cancel and go PAYG for 3 months and then start a new contract.  She didn't seem too bothered about how frustrated I was.

Why wait three months? Can't you cancel and a take a new one out online straight away (or with in a few days anyway)?

Guest stasu5884
I'm currently on a £35/month contract which ends up costing me around £50-£55 a month all together.  I called upgrades and they offered me a free upgrade from C500 to C600 but I wanted to change to the new Direct plan (100xnet minutes & 500 texts for £25) and they would only let me have that on an 18 month contract.  I moaned and told them I would cancel and go PAYG for 3 months and then start a new contract.  She didn't seem too bothered about how frustrated I was.

A friend suggested I call retentions and lo and behold they offered me the 12 month contract straight away.  The only thing they couldn't match was the £50 free talk time which new customers get - he said there was nothing he could do about that.  He was very helpful anyway and I should hopefully get the new phone on monday or tuesday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got the same sort of response, i am on an old £21 contract and was told that it would cost me £80 to upgrade, but when i pointed out that i could take out a new £20 contact and get the phone free, the still could not help me. So i went to the top, sent a fax addressed to the customer services director, lo and behold 2 weeks later! got a call from somebody in customer relations, who after explaining the diffrence between the offers in the "New Contracts" and the "Upgrades" said was i still intrested in upgrading, and that as i had been a loyal customer for quite a few years (about 10) they would let me have the upgrade free. Phone arrived yesterday and i am very very happy with it. So, moral of the story, forget those people on the shop floor and go straight to the top and argue. It may work.. it did for me. Good Luck

Guest Griff_FFOC

Well contract ran out yesterday so rang Orange who said it would be a £50 upgrade for the C600. Tried always to get them to waive the fee and or change to one of the direct plans. Would they have, would they heck. Ended up stumping up the £50 fee. Could have been worse I guess.

Guest Leaskovski
I'm on talk 120 - Just rung retentions and got the C600 for £0. Contract finished in October.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bah! How much do you usually pay orange every month!? I pay them about £30 inc VAT and they asked for about £50 to upgrade. The beggers!

Guest Disco Stu

My monthly bill is just over £40 on average but can get over £100 when roaming and checking football scores....

Cost £Nil, Upgrade fee £Nil

Mind you, had money changed hands I'd be looking for a refund by now.... ;)

Guest Griff_FFOC

It does seem to be a case of it depending on who you speak to, and how helpful they feel at the time. The woman I spoke to wasn't having any of it. It was £50, stick with whatI got, or cya' later alligata'

Guest barrowfordred
Bah!  How much do you usually pay orange every month!?  I pay them about £30 inc VAT and they asked for about £50 to upgrade.  The beggers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I usually pay £29 - £33 per month.

I just received my C600 upgrade from a C500. What is the best way of getting everything (contacts, calendar, sms, email, programs, etc) from the old one to the new one?

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips.