Powering Down When Closing

Guest TwenTurbos

9 out of 10 times when i close my phone, it turns off...anyideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to also have this problem. Heres what my issue was;

When closing the phone, it jerks the battery inside. There is too much room for the bettery to move around, so the battery shaked when you close it, and the contacts for the battery dount touch for a fraction of a second. What I did to fix this was stick a small piece of cardboard (or paper) under bottom right side of the battery. this pushes the battery onto the contacts and doesnt allow it to move around. I have this problem now 1 out of 500 open/closes as apposed to 1 out of 2. Hope this helps!

Edited by Nellis

Guest Lobojpm

Yes, I had the same issue, and used pretty much the same technique as described below. I used a few stacked pieces of masking tape on the opposite end of the battery from the contacts, and that makes it a bit more snug. Not having the problem any more. ;)

Cheers,

Lobo

I used to also have this problem.  Heres what my issue was; 

When closing the phone, it jerks the battery inside.  There is too much room for the bettery to move around, so the battery shaked when you close it, and the contacts for the battery  dount touch for a fraction of a second.  What I did to fix this was stick a small piece of cardboard (or paper) under bottom right side of the battery. this pushes the battery onto the contacts and doesnt allow it to move around.  I have this problem now 1 out of 500 open/closes as apposed to 1 out of 2.  Hope this helps!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 1 year later...