TMobile ROM Update

Guest veef13

Guest Pondrew

I just beat you to it Veef13 8)

Also, could you please have a quick look at the forum rules with regard other Smartphone/Pocket PC forums? Cheers ;)

Guest veef13
I just beat you to it Veef13  8)

Also, could you please have a quick look at the forum rules with regard other Smartphone/Pocket PC forums? Cheers  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi mate,

Yeah just saw your post as I refreshed the page... Will have to have a look on the rules again, ain't been here for a few months and all forums have different rules! My bad, feel free to remove the post as your one step ahead :D

Downloading it now... Will be nice to get back to TMobile and not Qtek/Imate roms!

Cheers,

Veef13

Guest adchaffey

Hmmmm interesting....

Can anyone that has installed this update tell me what difference it makes?? Is it worth the upgrade and having to install all my applications again??

Guest veef13
Hmmmm interesting....

Can anyone that has installed this update tell me what difference it makes?? Is it worth the upgrade and having to install all my applications again??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can let you know tonight mate, will be flashing as soon as i get home.. then onto puting this rom on the vario ;)

Should be posting back between 5:30-6:00 GMT...

Guest adchaffey
Can let you know tonight mate, will be flashing as soon as i get home.. then onto puting this rom on the vario  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found that very funny, just my sense of humour. :D

Then I immediatly felt very geeky and sad. Let's agree, that joke should never leave these forums :?:

Guest veef13
Oh dear, I just almost fell off my chair laughing!  ;)  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh... yeah sorry bout that pun... was terrible really... :D

Anywhos, just flashed the new rom as above...

Heres the sys info...

ROM Version: 1.6.2.4 WWE

ROM Date: 11/15/05

Radio Version: 01.12.10

Protocol: 4.0.13.23

ExtRom: 1.6.2.105

Can't see any immediated improvements, maybe a little faster than the recent Qtek and Imate roms I'vebeen using... But I thought I did notice a few extra files being installed in the ExtROM... Just gunna insta total commander and see whats in there brb!

Veef13

Guest veef13

Right-o....

Heres the extendedrom contents as copied fromthe config file within...

SHOW:\Extended_ROM\TMO_WallPaper.bmp

LOCK:Enabled

EXEC:\Extended_ROM\cusTSK.exe \Windows\T-Mobile.tsk

CAB: \Extended_ROM\CAB-Customization-Connection-TMUK-Wizard-Aug08.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_TMO_EU_UA_051003.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_DiscoButton8.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_TMUK_Cust_Wiz03000100.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_Wiz_NoGPRSAutoattach.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_BeepMode_Longtones.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_TMO_CameraDriverPatch.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\UNI_BrowserPerformance.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_TMO_OutgoingSpeech.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_TMO_DisableLoadSIMdata.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_CameraPatch_OV9650.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_ExtendedROM_Version.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\CAB-Customization-WapPush-TMO-Wizard-Sep02-1.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_Wiz_TMO_STK.sa.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\CAB-Customization-TMUK-Wizard-01-05-04NOV05XML.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\CAB-DATEamil-Wizard-TMOUK-04Aug05-DataBase.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Shorcut-MMS1-JAVA6XX-CV-VOICE-EmailWiz-TMO-03Nov05.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\PictureVideo_reg_signed.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\SmartDialing_enable_0915_signed.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\TMO_UK_Browser_Signed.cab

CAB: \Extended_ROM\TMO_UK_pIEDefaultPage_Signed.CAB

CAB: \Extended_ROM\TMO_UK_UXC_Signed.cab

EXEC:\Extended_ROM\WifiTempON.exe

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Signed_WifiSSID.sa.cab

EXEC:\Extended_ROM\WifiTempOFF.exe

LOCK:Disabled

RST: Reset

Its deffinatly a newer version and I swear that my signal is better... B4 flash sat here in me room I had 2 bars of signal.. and have never had more since I got the beast, now its a solid 4 bars! So hopefully thats due to the new radio version?

Just going to see if I can connect to my WifiG network...

Veef13

Guest veef13

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news guys n gals...

NO WIRELESS G!

Vario would not connect to network when in G-Only mode... put it to B-Only and connected instantly!

Damn...

Veef13

Edit: Can anyone spot the differences in the new ExtROM?

Media Player is 10.2 build 14409 - Is that newer?

I'd say DL and flash if your a TMobiler... Its deffo faster and radio better... 47.8mb free space... Your call at the end of the day...

Edited by veef13

Guest minty1978

i think i'll wait untill there is a major difference to the rom. dont really fancy having to install tom tom again...took ages to get it working in the first place.

i also have bad memories of updating my c500 to a qtek rom...only for orange to release the rom later on with WMP10..ho hum.

so unless there will be a marked improvement to the phone....i'll keep it as it is....

Guest Drewtech
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news guys n gals...

NO WIRELESS G!

Vario would not connect to network when in G-Only mode... put it to B-Only and connected instantly!

Damn...

Veef13

Edit: Can anyone spot the differences in the new ExtROM?

Media Player is 10.2 build 14409 - Is that newer?

I'd say DL and flash if your a TMobiler... Its deffo faster and radio better... 47.8mb free space... Your call at the end of the day...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can I tell what wirelss mode my Vario is connecting in I am running a Wireless G router and it connected with no problems and the TX Rate is showing auto.

Guest minty1978

you need to check on your router settings what mode its in:

B

G

or mixed mode (B and G)

i run mine in mixed, so i get the best of both worlds ;)

Guest Drewtech
you need to check on your router settings what mode its in:

B

G

or mixed mode (B and G)

i run mine in mixed, so i get the best of both worlds ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have the option for B/G or mixed but I can set the transfer rate. It is currently set to auto/best. So I assume this means that I can't actually tell the rate that I am connecting at.

Guest TomaHawk

better signal sounds good. i get shity signal downstairs in my house.

which mean i end up running up and down the stairs like a madman whenever i get a text. cos i got enough signal to get them but not to send them.

Guest veef13
better signal sounds good. i get shity signal downstairs in my house.

which mean i end up running up and down the stairs like a madman whenever i get a text. cos i got enough signal to get them but not to send them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi.

That could just be your area, but its worth a shot, just backup your rom and settings/contacts b4hand.

Veef13

Guest zombiefly
Hi.

That could just be your area, but its worth a shot, just backup your rom and settings/contacts b4hand.

Veef13

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi,

how do you back up the vario rom ? I looked at sprite backup but it doesn't support wm5......#-o

Guest daftveggie

just run the update, as well as upgrading from activesunc 4.0 to 4.1 (incidentally I thought I'd turned my MDA into a paperweight when I ran the update with AS4.0; my system crashed and the phone wouldn't turn on!!! battery out and in and it all was fine; quite scared for a sec though)

Things I've noticed.

wifi g doesn't work, not sure if it ever did because I never ran the experment before, but it definatly doesn't connect to g networks; although it can see them.

phone seems snappier, a little more responsive in everything it does.

syncing seems to happen faster, link is found quicker, differences spottedand fixed nice and fast.

Finally activesync over bluetooth is sensible, clear and actually works.

No more will you be thrown around menus by the device, set up a partnership, select the services you want to share, then sync over bluetooth. I can't express fully how much of an improvement I feel this is!

camera finally works in night mode, super fine, 1.3mp (might have just been my phone before that didn't work)

when you set an image to be the today background you can no longer choose to set it's transparancy ;)

still can't force the phone to stay in lanscape mode if keyboard is open or closed, one full extention and back reset to portrait.

that's about all that I'd noticed so far.

anyone else????

Edited by daftveggie

Guest veef13
hi,

how do you back up the vario rom ? I looked at sprite backup but it doesn't support wm5......#-o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there,

You need to make a ROM dump to your memory card... instructions can be found by searching and doigna google search for HTC Wizard ROM backup... Not 100% sure if instructions are on here but they are deffo on another windows mobile website...

Cheers,

Veef13

Guest TomaHawk
camera finally works in night mode, super fine, 1.3mp (might have just been my phone before that didn't work)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can you expand on this is the night mode actually like good?

would it work in a pub or club or something?

Guest daftveggie
can you expand on this is the night mode actually like good?

would it work in a pub or club or something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sure, erm, no is the simple answer

by work I mean physically take a picture as apposed to just throw up an error!

You'd always be hard pressed to get a decent photo in the club, night mode won't help much because you'd have to keep the camera sooooo still and it would all go horribly wrong. The main problem is that although it has a 1.3mp camera, there is little point going to this res becuase the lens is so small it can't capture enough light / picture to make the size worthwhile. but that is true with most (all) camera phones.

sorry!

Edited by daftveggie

Guest TomaHawk

DAm im very pissed.

my own stupidity though.

just updated but lost my.

Pictures,

Videos,

Word Docs

Exel Docs,

i thought that just like a hard reset that "built in storage" would not be deleted.

i know its not an excuse but why the hell dosent WM% have back up cos i so would of done one before this.

Guest Pondrew

@TomaHawk, that's the thing, a hard reset DOES delete "built in storage". You're thinking of a soft reset whereby you restart the device without losing anything.