The Main Speaker stopped working ?

Guest Perfectionist

Guest Perfectionist

My MDA Compact which is about 11 months old just decided to go silent on me ??

It hasn't been dropped or had any dodgy software/firmware upgrades ..... has anybody else had this problemo ??

• 4 weeks later...

haha just had this happen to me, i opened it up and i think the speaker is totally gone, ill get a meter and make sure its not the audio circuitry then try and find a replacement speaker :-s

Guest Perfectionist

Its a pain - I thought it might have been my new magnetic car holder which mashed up the speaker ???

Anyhow - T-mobile sent me a new replacement free of charge :)

Guest fluffcat1
hope i can find a suitable replacement :-s

Might be able to help you a bit quicker here :-)

The blueangel earpiece has the same dimensions and connector as the mda compact outer speaker - the connection cord is a lot shorter than needed but you should be able to solder the existing longer one in place.

If you look at the pictures I posted here : http://www.modaco.com/Dissassembling_an_M5...n_-t230855.html

and my ebay auction here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=5861003857

You should be able to notice the similarities. The diaphragm and coil look identical but there are no markings for power handling / impedence.

Hope this helps.

Richard

post-145647-1138759594_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1138759640_thumb.jpg

Cheers mate, that helps alot!!!

Im away on business untill the weekend, ill open my Jam up then and make sure its 100% the speaker and not the Audio Circuitry (doubt it ).

Ill post back when i get this fixed/how I did it.

Guest Br1an_g

happened to me last night...

strange thing is, my phone rings..i just cant hear anything from the ear piece, and music from media player doesnt work...

need to wait till tomorrow to phone and get my handset replaced.

Guest Br1an_g

but my ring tone works, Music doesnt, and cant hear anything on phone calls

also speaker phone wont engage..

ive tried soft, and hard reset..

fekin annoying :)

Guest kev51773
My MDA Compact which is about 11 months old just decided to go silent on me ??

It hasn't been dropped or had any dodgy software/firmware upgrades ..... has anybody else had this problemo ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive had my speaker stop working today. Earpiece works, but not the speaker. Ive had my phone for about 7 months, It did bounce once but that was about 5 months ago and only from about 18".

If I have no joy with the warranty, does anyone have any suggestions as to what o do next?

Guest Br1an_g

manufacturer warrenty will cover anything under 12 months old so wouldnt worry about it unless you bought 2nd hand.

mine has been sent back, but i got it from buymobilephones.net and they send it back to the manufacturer to get repaired..

so i get a temporary phone until it comes back...cant believe it..:)

Guest fluffcat1
manufacturer warrenty will cover anything under 12 months old so wouldnt worry about it unless you bought 2nd hand.

If there is evidence of 'negligent abuse' i.e the speaker isn't working as it's been dropped / got wet / had a pin poked through it that wouldn't be covered. Unles specifically mentioned at time of purchase, the warranty shoulde transferrable as long as proof of purchase has been retained.

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kev51773

Thanks guys, as it turns out, it needed a whole mainboard replacement so T-Mobile just gave me a whole new phone without any argument.

Nice to see some good customer service :)

There is a common issue with these charmer/magaician phones in that the pin in the headphone connector gets stuck so that the phone thinks the headset is plugged in even when its not, therefore all speakers and music will only work on the earpeice. This might be why soft and hard resetting didn't affect it. I suspect a poke about with a paperclip in the headphone socket would have solved this issue as it did on mine....but hey...you got a shiny new one to scratch up so thats cool!

fUNKUS

I think the actual speaker going is the common problem to be honest, I know mine is 100% the speaker, I wouldnt advise anyone to poke around with a paper clip if its still under 12months---send it back its still under warrenty.

• 1 month later...
Guest paolopilar

hi guys, just new here. have similar problems with my magician but mine ran out of warranty. no audio from earpiece and no audio from back speaker.

Our authorized service center here in the Philippines said it needs board replacement, but i had it checked in a small shop, and they replaced the earpiece. the spare part came from an old NOKIA phone. no kidding!

was wondering if any of you guys know the dimensions, or any name, or brand of the speaker at the back of the Magician? might get lucky again with old phones! i desperately need to have it replaced coz i cant hear any rings or sms..

any help would greatly be appreciated!

thanks guys! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ronaldraygun

I sorta have a similar problem as the OP. I just received my sda compact from ebay, "as-is" and the speakerphone works but the actual earpiece speaker doesn't work. Just recently I noticed that if i make a call and use the sidekey volume slider it will make a been and for a fraction of a second I can hear the person on the other end. any suggestions? or advice

• 1 month later...
Guest frankle1
There is a common issue with these charmer/magaician phones in that the pin in the headphone connector gets stuck so that the phone thinks the headset is plugged in even when its not, therefore all speakers and music will only work on the earpeice. This might be why soft and hard resetting didn't affect it. I suspect a poke about with a paperclip in the headphone socket would have solved this issue as it did on mine....but hey...you got a shiny new one to scratch up so thats cool!

fUNKUS

I can verify this is a problem. Had the same thing with my SDA. Used a plugged in headset one morning and then all day the phone said it was on the Headset profile. When I changed it to normal, it stayed on normal profile but the speaker still did not work. Although the ring tones would work. After reading the above post I just plugged the headset back in and fiddled with it a bit, moving it in and out, until the profile switched to Normal on its own. Fixed.

• 7 months later...
Guest HellraiserUK
I sorta have a similar problem as the OP. I just received my sda compact from ebay, "as-is" and the speakerphone works but the actual earpiece speaker doesn't work. Just recently I noticed that if i make a call and use the sidekey volume slider it will make a been and for a fraction of a second I can hear the person on the other end. any suggestions? or advice

This is the *exact* problem I am having, did you ever get to the bottom of it?

Hellraiser.............>