2GB Mini SD in MPx220

Guest popanot

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lokmeup
Has anyone tried one in the MPx220? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but was curious if anyone actually tested or was using one...???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have ordered a SanDisk 2gb MiniSD card for my MPx220. I will let you know how it works out. If it does not, I'll just use it in my camera with the adaptor.

Ron

Guest chaderbox
Has anyone tried one in the MPx220? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but was curious if anyone actually tested or was using one...???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From everything that I have read it will only take up to 512mb.

But if it works for you guys let me know, i'll be getting a 1 or 2gb if it works for you guys.

From everything that I have read it will only take up to 512mb.

But if it works for you guys let me know, i'll be getting a 1 or 2gb if it works for you guys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1Gb Works Ok. Using one for about a year by now.

Guest popanot

I saw a post on MGN where a person is using a 2GB. I assume you can use any size since it's basically a cardreader. The 512 limit is just a manufacturer listed limit since that's all that was available at the time they released the phone. There are numerous people using the 1GB cards.

Guest lokmeup

I just got my 2GB SanDisk MiniSD card today(SDSDM-2048). It works perfectly!!!

Ron

EDIT: Smart Explorer only sees 1gig. I cannot save more to the card using the phone.

Edited by lokmeup

Guest hferdina

:) Happy to soon!!!! :D :) :D :D My MPX 220 only sees the first 1Gb in the explorer. The rest is ignored. When I use the minisd in a pocketpc or cardreader it sees the full 2 Gb.

Resource manager shows 2 Gb however

Guest kingraf01
:) Happy to soon!!!! :D  :)  :D  :D  My MPX 220 only sees the first 1Gb in the explorer. The rest is ignored. When I use the minisd in a pocketpc or cardreader it sees the full 2 Gb.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you also using a SanDisk? I wonder if that makes a difference in reading the full 2GB in explorer?

Guest lokmeup
:) Happy to soon!!!! :D  :)  :D  :D  My MPX 220 only sees the first 1Gb in the explorer. The rest is ignored. When I use the minisd in a pocketpc or cardreader it sees the full 2 Gb.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ME TOOOOOOO......

The phone see the the full 2gig in Resource Manager, but only 1gig in Smart Explorer. When I get close to 1gig of storage used I get the following error when I try to copy any more files from my computer:

"The drive cannot find the sector requested"

I think it is time to return the 2gig card and get two 1gig cards!

Ron

PS: I have tried ATT1.43ROM, Asian3.53ROM and Asian3.51ROM. What ROM are you using?

PSS: I have also tried editing the registry value:

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Lowmem/Storagelimit

But without any luck.

Edited by lokmeup

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hferdina
ME TOOOOOOO......

The phone see the the full 2gig in Resource Manager, but only 1gig in Smart Explorer.  When I get close to 1gig of storage used I get the following error when I try to copy any more files from my computer:

"The drive cannot find the sector requested"

I think it is time to return the 2gig card and get two 1gig cards!

Ron

PS:  I have tried ATT1.43ROM, Asian3.53ROM and Asian3.51ROM.  What ROM are you using?

PSS: I have also tried editing the registry value:

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Lowmem/Storagelimit

But without any luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At HowardForums someone is using up tp 97% of his 2Gb minisd: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=851274

Maybe he uses a late mpx 220 or does formatting matter (fat fat16 or fat 32)

Still curious

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imisim

The Adata 2GB miniSD from NewEgg will work with the MPx220. If you need to format the card, format using the factory default setting which is FAT. When I used FAT32, the phone can't access the My Music folder which has more than 1GB. It will probably work if I delete some mp3 and bring the size down, but with FAT, I can keep every mp3 I want in it.

The Topram 2GB miniSD didn't work with my MPx220. It seems like the Adata will work with a lot of phones according to various forum.

Guest hferdina
The Adata 2GB miniSD from NewEgg will work with the MPx220.  If you need to format the card, format using the factory default setting which is FAT.  When I used FAT32, the phone can't access the My Music folder which has more than 1GB.  It will probably work if I delete some mp3 and bring the size down, but with FAT, I can keep every mp3 I want in it.

The Topram 2GB miniSD didn't work with my MPx220.  It seems like the Adata will work with a lot of phones according to various forum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How did you format the minisd? Under windows XP?

Guest imisim

Yes, I am using XP Pro SP2 and formatted the card using the SD card reader. If you need to format the card using the MPx220, SP Task Manager will do that for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Klæl
Yes, I am using XP Pro SP2 and formatted the card using the SD card reader.  If you need to format the card using the MPx220, SP Task Manager will do that for you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also tried to use 2 GB mini SD, but Sandisk. I format it in FAT but the result was the same, only 1 GB is accesable. My ROM version is 1.47. What is your ROM version?

Guest Leddy

I'd imagine that most of us are using the Asian GoTone ROM.

My (Asian GoTone) ROM is marked as follows:

Operator: 3.570.7002.0

Manufacturer: 3.510.0.0

Microsoft: 4.21.15102.0

Language: 3.510.18.0

File System: 4.21.15102.0

Guest Klæl
I'd imagine that most of us are using the Asian GoTone ROM.

My (Asian GoTone) ROM is marked as follows:

Operator: 3.570.7002.0

Manufacturer: 3.510.0.0

Microsoft: 4.21.15102.0

Language: 3.510.18.0

File System: 4.21.15102.0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you use 2GB or not?

Guest hferdina
Can you use 2GB or not?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think so. Mailed several times with Motorola. In the last mail they stated only 256mb is supported and that they will change the specification on the sites.

Some are able to use a 1GB. When I onlhy use 1Gb of my 2Gb, it works fine. The only thing I did not test is a minisd from another brand.

I used several roms and registry tweaks. Neither of them worked. I am afraid it is hardware related

Guest Klæl
Well, as stated in the earlier post.  2GB Adata will work, no matter what Motorola tells you.  BTW, I am using Asian Rom 3.46.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, i tried 3.46 and FAT, but no luck. May be because of Sandisk. But it is known as a good producer, interesting :|

Guest Aimster
Well, i tried 3.46 and FAT, but no luck. May be because of Sandisk. But it is known as a good producer, interesting  :|

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did those of you with the 2GB change your registry settings?

Default is 512000. You need to change it to something like 2500000

Guest hardcorp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where is this reg. setting?

Guest lokmeup

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It did not work in my case.

Ron

Guest aurista25

I have an MPX220 with the 1.49 rom, and I got the 2gb Sandisk miniSD, and I cannot access more than 1gb.

When I used Resco Explorer 2003, and did properties on my storage card folder, it reports:

1.89GB (1936.88MB).

If I try to save something to the miniSD the phone seems to crash, because my Abstract Start menu stops working, and all of the MRU shortcuts on my home screen, become broken... I can only fix it by rebooting the phone.

I think this is a driver problem, and somebody with this phone and who has some driver writing experience should take a crack at this.

I remember when I had an old computer that had an LBA limit, of 4GB, and Western Digital used a boot loader driver call Ez-Drive which translated the 8.8GB drive into a format the old BIOS's could understand....

anyway, this sucks... I hope we can find some kind of workaround...

or maybe If anyone has it working, post your fatfs.dll, and lemme copy it!

Guest hardcorp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could someone tell me where this reg. key is?