2GB Mini SD in MPx220

Guest popanot

Guest conan_troutman

ok peeps i have had my card up to 97% on a 2gb card actual storage space = 19.80mb do not format card just plug and play also when transfering file to it if you do get an error massage that the card is full at the 1gb mark easy solution remove card place in card reader transfer file past 1gb point plug back in phone and the phone just reads it and carries on with full access to all files

I use a pretec 2gb and pcline card reader. i also transfer all file to card via card reader as its about 100 times faster than when connected to the phone.

so answer to question yes 2gb works do not format and use card reader to transfer files and on a seperate note I have never found a card reader with storage limitation ever.

Guest hardcorp
Just search the regestry for "512000" using Smartione.

Ron

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I allready did that and nothing comes up....You do it then give me the path please.

Guest genaldar

My 2gb sandisk works ok, as long as it's got at least 25% free space. It sees all of the card but once I have less than like 500 megs free it starts saying its full. I'm using asian rom 3.46.

Guest conan_troutman
My 2gb sandisk works ok, as long as it's got at least 25% free space.  It sees all of the card but once I have less than like 500 megs free it starts saying its full.  I'm using asian rom 3.46.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

since formatting my card via the phone it now anly see 50% of the files the memory manager reads it is 50% full but go into file manager and open up any folder you add after hitting the 50% mark and they appeay empty but the the memory manager is telling me I now have 65% full remove he card place in PC and the files show up.

but back on the phone they appear blank delete the "blank" files via the phone and memory manager reads that it is still 65% full delete the"blank" files on the PC and memory manager once again read at 50% and all folders and files are visible.

didn't do that till I formatted it I have since re formatted it via the PC which could always read all 100% of the 2GB card but the phone still only shows you 50% of the files on the card yet it shows 100% of folders ie it show the folder title of the album but once open it appears blank

yet the PC shows them as there

PS they are not Hidden in any way.

Guest conan_troutman
So did it work when you fixed the registry?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no not for me but that doesn't mean it wont for you or any one else somehave had success with it pthers as i have not.

Guest genaldar

Setting the registry to 2500000 worked for me, whereas setting it at 2048000 did not (sorry if the numbers are off, I'm tired as hell, just check earlier in the thread). I've had it almost full (47 megs free) and didn't run into any issues. Well a file I transfered was corrupted, but by the transfer (I don't have a dedicated reader, I use the printer connected to my server which is slow and if I don't leave it in for a little bit after a big transfer I get delayed write errors). Not sure why the one number works while the other doesn't. I didn't even format the card after the change.

Weird.

Guest conan_troutman

ok i have a test i would like all 2gb card user to do please

i want you to copy as many folders as you can get on to a 2gb card with files in each of these folders whether it be pictures music or video.

fillit right up so that it full.

then using file manager view each folder in turn to see if all the files are view able

any that are not view able rename the folder as unseen1 unseen2 and so on

any that the contents can be seen rename as seen1 seen2

then review the contents via a card reader to ensure the files are in the folders.

lets see just how many people can view the entire files saved on the sd card via their phones.

please also post any reg changes you have made to see if there is a difference

i had i folder with 4 videos in that were all seen plus 15 folders with albums in of which 4 were all 15 were seen,

however only the 4 videos and 5 of the folders showed there contents the last ten folders were seen contents however were unseen so i had 10 marked unseen.

all were visiable via card reader.

card has been formatted to FAT and reg edit done was the change to 250,000.

conclusion roughly 1gb of the card was SEEN the remainder was UNSEEN

Guest genaldar
ok i have a test i would like all 2gb card user to do please

i want you to copy as many folders as you can get on to a 2gb card with files in each of these folders whether it be pictures music or video.

fillit right up so that it full.

then using file manager view each folder in turn to see if all the files are view able

any that are not view able rename the folder as unseen1 unseen2 and so on

any that the contents can be seen rename as seen1 seen2

then review the contents via a card reader to ensure the files are in the folders.

lets see just how many people can view the entire files saved on the sd card via their phones.

please also post any reg changes you have made to see if there is a difference

i had i folder with 4 videos in that were all seen plus 15 folders with albums in of which 4 were all 15 were seen,

however only the 4 videos and 5 of the folders showed there contents the last ten folders were seen contents however were unseen so i had 10 marked unseen.

all were visiable via card reader.

card has been formatted to FAT and reg edit done was the change to 250,000.

conclusion roughly 1gb of the card was SEEN the remainder was UNSEEN

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Change the registry to 2,500,000 not 250,000. 250,000 is less than 256 mb, whereas the other is greater than 2gb.

btw I still don't know why the number has to be bigger, when it was 512,000 (default) it saw most of the 2gb card (75%), but at 2,048,000 it saw less of the 2gb card (50%).

Change the registry to 2,500,000 not 250,000.  250,000 is less than 256 mb, whereas the other is greater than 2gb.

btw I still don't know why the number has to be bigger, when it was 512,000 (default) it saw most of the 2gb card (75%), but at 2,048,000 it saw less of the 2gb card (50%).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you delete the folders that can be marked as unseen, in the resource manager you will see the used amount remains the same. I mean, do not delete the folders on phone, use a card reader instead. Otherwise you will think you can use more than 1 GB, but it is not true. You will have still 1 GB usable data and some more that hidden by deleting operation.

If you perform a disk check, you will find some hidden folders, which are tried to be deleted by the phone's file explorer.

Guest conan_troutman

sorry but 2,500,000 is what i changed it to it doesn't show all the sard however my new 2gb card which I have not formatted shows up fine and dandy what i am saying is if you formatt your card you screw it for some reason dont ask me why but it seems the phone can only format it to a 1gb size well kind off it hard to explain just remember this.

DO NOT FORMAT YOUR 2GB CARD....OR ELSE.

Guest hferdina
sorry but 2,500,000 is what i changed it to it doesn't show all the sard however my new 2gb card which I have not formatted shows up fine and dandy what i am saying is if you formatt your card you screw it for some reason dont ask me why but it seems the phone can only format it to a 1gb size well kind off it hard to explain just remember this.

DO NOT FORMAT YOUR 2GB CARD....OR ELSE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't we restore this out-of-the-box situation?

Click here for the answer.  I answered it in post #7.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Partitioning doesn't change anything. I tried it and the second 1 GB is still unusable through phone.

For the reformatting card, I tried HP format tool. It also brings the card to the original condition, even it was partitioned. But problem remains there.

And I tried several ROM versions with above suggestions.

Edited by Kl

Guest ladude626

This is definitely a simple solution to resolve if someone knows how to work with this thing.

Edited by ladude626

Guest Da_Snake
Has anyone tried one in the MPx220? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but was curious if anyone actually tested or was using one...???

yeha man i just got my 2gb memory card (scandisk) right and i put it in my phone (the V) for verizon and did the damn steps to format on the phone and it said it faild wtf what should i do i tryed formatting it w/ the comp and adding music to it but i doesnt work when i put the card in....any help?? thanx if u help!

Da_Snake

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lokmeup
i just got my 2gb mini-sd card, installed it without format and it works fine. shows up as 1899mb.

Yes... We already know that it will say there is 2gigs available. BUT until you actually can put 2gigs worth of info on the chip without any error messages, you are not any further along than the rest of us. So, see if you can and get back to us.

Ron

Guest genaldar

Mine is working fine, with 1 small flaw. Once there is less than 500 megs free I can't delete or move files using smart explorer or file explorer. But I can on my computer when I connect with activesync, so it's not a big deal.

• 3 weeks later...