2GB Mini SD in MPx220

Guest popanot

Guest genaldar

Since my Sandisk is flaky I'm going to order an adata from newegg as soon as they have more in. I'll report back with if it works better than sandisk.

Guest genaldar

Well newegg sold out too fast for me to catch one so I ordered from zipzoomfly. Since I got the same price with free shipping I splurged and added on the $2 for 2day. I got the card today (about 5 hours shy of 2 days actually), but it looks like its defective. Not only is the phone having major issues, but so is my card reader, which never had a problem with the Sandisk. I emailed for an rma so hopefully I can get a replacement by this time next week.

btw if anyone else wants to tempt the memory gods newegg has gotten more in (and dropped the price) and I think zipzoomfly still has some.

Guest singerpr

I bought my miniSD 2GB the last saturday, and it arrived today. The PC, nor the MPx220 can't even recognize the damn thingy. It even got stucked on the mobile phone, and I almost break the whole thing and all. I even inserted it on my Kodak digital camera, and she doesn't even open or recognize the chip. What can I do? Or what should I do? :)

By the way... is it normal for the cellphone to always have in it's Resourse Manager's Card Storage stats "Unknown"?

PD: I made some scratches on the bottom of the card, so I don't know if I can get a replacement for it.

ATT:

"Elliot" the Idiot :)

Edited by singerpr

Guest ovidutz22

Solution to problem : be carefull when you buy 2gb or 1gb sandisk miniSD - it should have "Made in Taiwan" writen on the back and also is should have a white area on the back...if it doesn't then it's the original one and that's why it crashes and other problems apear....Remember it looks perfectly the same on one side and different on the other side....and if you open it ,you will find a chip that says "samsung" on it...

Guest singerpr

Oh crap! :) That too? Well, mine does not says a thing. It just says in white MiniSD 2GB and that's pretty much it. I am going to kill myself. Well, I will see what I can do.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Quite a few card readers can not see 2GB cards, the inbuilt one on my laptop will not see my 2GB card, so I use the miniSD USB adaptor from www.mobymemory.com

Guest singerpr
Quite a few card readers can not see 2GB cards, the inbuilt one on my laptop will not see my 2GB card, so I use the miniSD USB adaptor from www.mobymemory.com

Wait... is it microSD or mini SD? Because I visited that link you gave me and the compatible cards for the MPx220 are microSD even though everyone and everywhere say that the slot is for mini SD. But... my card is mini SD, and got stuck really bad inside the phone. I am so confused now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest genaldar

I got my replacement from zipzoomfly and while it works fine on my computer it has the same problem on my phone. Once it's about 3/4 full I start getting error messages about can't find the sector. Hopefully I can get my money back.

btw I checked mobymemory a few weeks ago since they guarantee compatability, but it showed microsd cards for the mpx220. Being the helpful guy that I am I wrote an email to inform them of the error. A week or so goes by and I get a reply saying there are no errors, that memory is tested with that phone. I pull up the page and they had fixed it. I went back tonight (if I can get that refund I was thinking about ordering from moby, depending on how much shipping to the US would be) and it again lists microsd. I dropped them another email, and attached a .mht copy of their page plus a link to the specs on motorola's site. We'll see if they can now fix their error permanantly or if they'll again email me saying nothing is wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest genaldar

I sent my replacement back to zipzoomfly for a refund. I also contacted Sandisk directly about my first 2gb card since according to their site it will work with the mpx220. I sent it back the same day. Hopefully my replacement from Sandisk will work. If it doesn't the replacement will be going on ebay and I'll be trying out a top ram brand card (I've heard good things). Either way I'll post back here.

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

As a newbee (I bought the phone 2 days ago) I may ask this second time but I still can not find "Storagelimit" string in my REGEDIT. My rom seems to be 1.150.0.0. The only strings I have in "HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/lowmem is:

ProgramMem

ResetDivision

What can be the problem?

Thanks

Guest genaldar

I don't think all roms include the string, but for most of us adjusting it didn't help. At least not for good. Of course you could always add it, I doubt you would be doing any harm.

I don't think all roms include the string, but for most of us adjusting it didn't help. At least not for good. Of course you could always add it, I doubt you would be doing any harm.

My phone can access 1 GB data but also can not write if its full over 512 MB. So I need to try it. Thank you for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

2GB miniSD cards don't work in the MPx220.

I've tried:

TopRAM 120x 2GB miniSD

A-Data 60x 2GB miniSD

They both don't work. Yes I have the registry setting.

Only the first 1GB can be read properly.

Partitioning, formatting to FAT32, or using the Panasonic SD Formatter doesn't help.

Anyone who says their 2GB miniSD card is working is either a newbie, mistaken, or misinforming to generate sales.

Guest genaldar
2GB miniSD cards don't work in the MPx220.

I've tried:

TopRAM 120x 2GB miniSD

A-Data 60x 2GB miniSD

They both don't work. Yes I have the registry setting.

Only the first 1GB can be read properly.

Partitioning, formatting to FAT32, or using the Panasonic SD Formatter doesn't help.

Anyone who says their 2GB miniSD card is working is either a newbie, mistaken, or misinforming to generate sales.

I wouldn't go so far as to say those are the only 3 types of people saying their 2gb card works. But I will say I have yet to see anyone with any kind of reliability say theirs works. It's usually people who've only made a handful of posts (or in some cases just the 1). Either way, they just don't work for 99% of us.

My phone can access 1 GB data but also can not write if its full over 512 MB. So I need to try it. Thank you for your reply.

I use the Sandisk 1GB miniSD card and it works great... its 98% full and reading and writing are fully available at the same speed as they ware when the card was empty... it has never been formated.

I also have a 512MB miniSD Trancend and it also works fine...

I have tried many ROMs (v1.25+) and the 1GB fully worked with all of them...

The fastest read/write speed was archived on v1.53...

I will soon try with a 2GB card...

ps: English is not my native language so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors.

Edited by SpeKtoR

Guest genaldar
I use the Sandisk 1GB miniSD card and it works great... its 98% full and reading and writing are fully available at the same speed as they ware when the card was empty... it has never been formated.

I also have a 512MB miniSD Trancend and it also works fine...

I have tried many ROMs (v1.25+) and the 1GB fully worked with all of them...

The fastest read/write speed was archived on v1.53...

I will soon try with a 2GB card...

ps: English is not my native language so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors.

Don't waste your money. The 2gb will not work.

• 1 month later...
Guest flunserl

Hi!

Are there any news on the 2Gig issue?

Would be to nice if somebody found out something in the meantime.....

btw:

the tweaking with the "storagelimit" in registry does not look like it got anything to do with a "storage card limitation" 1st: 512.000 arent 512MB but 512KB, so it didnt have a connection to the storage card size and 2nd there is somethin like "lowmem" in the path...so guess what it is good for....

ciao,

flunserl

• 3 weeks later...
I saw a post on MGN where a person is using a 2GB. I assume you can use any size since it's basically a cardreader. The 512 limit is just a manufacturer listed limit since that's all that was available at the time they released the phone. There are numerous people using the 1GB cards.

My 2GB works great.

Guest genaldar
My 2GB works great.

If you can read and write to the full 2gb congratulations you got lucky. For most of us though it just won't work. The only thing I regret about the 2gb card though is that I didn't keep it. Now that I'm planning on getting a mda the extra space would've been nice.

• 4 weeks later...