Xp (c550)

Guest Jamma14

Guest mbriody

Help - total noob here.

I got this installed and running on my C550 but I can't figure out how to access the icons on the 'desktop'.

All I can get to pop up is the 'No upcoming appointments screen' (which doesn't actually look right - see below) by pressing the down key.

The appointments screen is a Calendar message box then below that across the full width of the screen is a thick orange band with the time on the right hand side.

Then about half way down the screen is a thin, full-width orange band. The rest of the screen is the orignal 'desktop' (wish I could take a screenshot!). Is this correct?

Is the content of the desktop configurable?

Edited by mbriody

Guest Jamma14
exactly what i needed ;-) works perfectly on my wm5 device ;-)

just a few corrections...

1) problems with font in owner bit (color fades from blue to white, last letter of "your name" not visible)

2) position of month and year ist incorrect, must be little more to the right

3) the popup for sms/calls is imho a little bit too small

4) maybe it's better to put cursor focus on "my computer", not on "start"after activating homescreen

really good work james ;-)

what about implementing a skin for xbar3?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) You do realise you're meant to edit that bit with a pic of your own right? And if you have and it's your name that's going white - then it's your image not mine!

If it's mine, don't worry just edit it to put in your own details as in the animated gif.

2) The font is slightly different on WM5 phones...can you tell me the correct coords of the positions and I'll do a WM5 xml?

3) It's only meant to be a message box size - I'll make em a bit bigger after all the other changes like start menu etc.

4) Not possible I'm afraid with the way things work at the moment. Only way to change that would be to embed lots more things in the orange plugin but then I couldn't include RJTime and SmartMonitor, and then logic of what directions you press to access things would make a lot less sense.

Well I don't use xbar3...I can put it on the list of things to do, but there's quite a lot of things to do before it! :)

@ PPCPassion: I don't like the drawn on rings - looks a bit amateur to me. That window is meant to look a bit like the time and date one in XP (double click the time in your taskbar) and so it is a shrunk down version of that.

Although I agree it isn't looking amazing at the mo - I do plan tweaking the RJTime and Smartmonitor plugins - like I said I kinda rushed this release.

@ mbriody: Try installing RJTime and Smartmonitor (both easy to find on google).

James

Guest mbriody

Okay, there were 2 problems.

1. I hadn't loaded the desktop bitmap - the Orange bars were my original desktop showing through.

2. I needed to restart the phone to get it to work.

After that it worked okay.

Thanks for the screenshot link that will come in handy, I'm sure.

well its hard to understand wot you meen

http://www.louterrailloune.com/files/signed/SmartSS.cab

install this on you phone, then press the * button while on the homescreen and it will take a screen shot.

it saves in my documents in storage and then upload it too the site so we can see

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest fearomoon

cool, james is back hehe

i figured out that we do not have to change coordinates for wm5... just put in "dd mmm yyyy" some more spaces ;-)

problem with the font is solved, too....i used paint for editing the jpg. i tried it with photoshop and no more problems with fading color..

xbar3 is a very nice tool, i'll try to create a skin for it and we can put it into your cab, too..may be design like windows taskmanager..

pls can you post your to do list for this skin? i'm curios what comes next :)

Guest Jamma14

You can't put more than one space in a row in MoDaCo posts. :D

To do list:

1. Add Start Menu (more shortcuts and MRU plugin)

2. Edit RJTime clock

3. Edit smartmonitor, and its bgimage, maybe include a bar of some sort for the battery

4. Extra screens

5. Make WM5 totally compatible xml

6. Xbar 3 skin? :)

I've also gotta fully WM5-ilise the mac screen, and include startup etc screens for that, and install it on the sd card.

Please vote in the poll in the smartphone customisation general discussion section for which homescreen you think should have priority.

Yeh go for making the xbar 3 skin and I'll be glad to include it in the release.

James :)

Guest PPCPassion
@ PPCPassion: I don't like the drawn on rings - looks a bit amateur to me. That window is meant to look a bit like the time and date one in XP (double click the time in your taskbar) and so it is a shrunk down version of that.

Although I agree it isn't looking amazing at the mo - I do plan tweaking the RJTime and Smartmonitor plugins - like I said I kinda rushed this release.

James

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once I looke at my desktop clock, it makes sense regarding predrawn ring. Only reason I like to draw my own ring is because that's the only way I know how to create "shadow effect" on the ring (by using the x, y settings twice but slightly off say one point each). But I do like your idea to keep it real XP :)

I did not have to change parameters for X & Y to adjust the fonts for RJ time, just 2 spaces to the right for year.

Great work!!!

Guest fearomoon

To do list:

2. Edit RJTime clock

3. Edit smartmonitor, and its bgimage, maybe include a bar of some sort for the battery

4. Extra screens

6. Xbar 3 skin? :)

I've also gotta fully WM5-ilise the mac screen, and include startup etc screens for that, and install it on the sd card.

Please vote in the poll in the smartphone customisation general discussion section for which homescreen you think should have priority.

Yeh go for making the xbar 3 skin and I'll be glad to include it in the release.

James  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just recognized that you updated xp skin today...what changes did you make in comparrison to the last version yesterday?

Guest Jamma14
just recognized that you updated xp skin today...what changes did you make in comparrison to the last version yesterday?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O yeah weird...I haven't updated it at all today...infact I wasn't even on MoDaCo at the time shown because I was out. :??: :??:

Dno, I haven't updated it, and the file appears to be the same??

Edited by Jamma14

Guest PPCPassion

To do list:

2. Edit RJTime clock

4. Extra screens

6. Xbar 3 skin? :D

James  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi James,

Needless to say great work and I am loving this HS. Would you mind adding Facade plug in (may be to replace calendar) in your To Do List? To be quite honest, I am even willing to sacrifice Everything on the first pop up screen (Calendar, RJ time, Owner info etc) for the sake of Facade. Just my two cents.

Thanks again for your hard work, can't wait to see the next update :)

Guest Jamma14
Hi James,

Needless to say great work and I am loving this HS. Would you mind adding Facade plug in (may be to replace calendar) in your To Do List? To be quite honest, I am even willing to sacrifice Everything on the first pop up screen (Calendar, RJ time, Owner info etc) for the sake of Facade. Just my two cents.

Thanks again for your hard work, can't wait to see the next update :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Facade was the plan for that pop up but I can't because of the way it works. I was going to embed it in the orange plugin but it and smartmonitor didn't work in the plugin, so I decided to do a multiscreen instead by scrolling vertically.

Because there are two parts of it selectable (the calendar/task etc tabs and the main part) each time you move up and down in the homescreen it would select only one of them first and so you would get graphics pushed all over the place and it wouldn't work, so I decided to do the calendar and rjtime in the window instead.

It may be an option if you can include the main calendar part without the tabs? I haven't used facade properly before, but if we just wanted the calendar is there any way to make it so that it only includes one selectable plugin section??

James

Edited by Jamma14

Guest PPCPassion
Facade was the plan for that pop up but I can't because of the way it works. I was going to embed it in the orange plugin but it and smartmonitor didn't work in the plugin, so I decided to do a multiscreen instead by scrolling vertically.

Because there are two parts of it selectable (the calendar/task etc tabs and the main part) each time you move up and down in the homescreen it would select only one of them first and so you would get graphics pushed all over the place and it wouldn't work, so I decided to do the calendar and rjtime in the window instead.

It may be an option if you can include the main calendar part without the tabs? I haven't used facade properly before, but if we just wanted the calendar is there any way to make it so that it only includes one selectable plugin section??

James

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not sure what I am going to suggest is going to help you but it's worth the shot. As you know Facade has 3 main components, Tabs, Launcher bar, and view area. We don't need the first two. So what I have included is basically JUST the calendar part (no tasks) but with more functionality than built in calendar e.g. more days can be displayed with scrolling the calendar area and so on. The problem is I just don't know how to align with your back ground image,otherwise it works.. may be you can tweak the background image little bit. For the calendar part, facade code without tabs should be somewhat close to the attached file..Not sure if it will work or not but worth the shot :)

XPfacade.txt

Guest Jamma14

Ok, I'll have a look into it after the next release - I'll have to rework the background and the RJTime and all, but it'd be good to have it in there.

Due to the poll seeming to point towards xp, this is the one that'll get the next update: with a start menu, shutdown and startup screens and general tweaking.

Then: Some Mac tweaking, create storage card installer etc.

Then: I'll have a look at facade and maybe xbar 3 or whatever.

James

Guest PPCPassion
Due to the poll seeming to point towards xp, this is the one that'll get the next update: with a start menu, shutdown and startup screens and general tweaking.

Then: I'll have a look at facade and maybe xbar 3 or whatever.

James

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Can't wait to see the next update :)

Any suggestions for what shortcuts people want in the start menu?

Ideas so far:

--MRU plugin

--Settings

--TCPMP

--Inbox

--Picodrive

--Jawbreaker

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MRU definately. TCPMP as well. I would like to see mru with more than just the last program used as on the mac screen though. Otherwise there doesn't seem much point to having it.

File Explorer. The C550 standard one as not everyone has smartexplorer even it it is free to get hold off & shortcut for orneta & mobipocket.

Shouldn't everyone have an RSS/enews reader ?

MrMond

Guest Jamma14
easy mate where do i put the edited xptime file, excellant homescreen you are definately spoiling us.

many thanx 4 youre time

later sno

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hiya sno,

just put it in the XP folder in the JammaSoft folder in program files on your storage card.

James

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wyreless

Sorry if I missed this buit I have scrlled through the thread and I still do not know this. Can I install this new CAB file and use on my CINGULAR Branded 2125 from USA. Would love to use this great effort. If not what I need to do to make it work and has anyone installed on USA version 2125. Thanks alot for your work / efforts thats a killer Home Screen / Theme

Guest Jamma14
Sorry if I missed this buit I have scrlled through the thread and I still do not know this. Can I install this new CAB file and use on my CINGULAR Branded 2125 from USA. Would love to use this great effort. If not what I need to do to make it work and has anyone installed on USA version 2125. Thanks alot for your work / efforts thats a killer Home Screen / Theme

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's possible, but as your phone does not have the orang plugin in the rom, you'll have to follow instructions in THIS thread. But for legal reasons we cannot distribute the plugin, so you'll have to copy the dll from an orange device. :roll:

James

Guest PPCPassion

Hi James,

Are you still working on the upgraded version? I almost check this thread twice a week hoping for an upgraded version :??: I hope you are still actively planning on releasing the next version soon. I really like this HS :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.