MPx220 INTERNAL GPS receiver activation?

Guest lokmeup

Guest lokmeup

I know the MPx220 has an internal GPS receiver. I have Microsoft Pocket Streets and am wondering how I can use the internal GPS reveiver. I would rather not buy a BT receiver and have to carry it around with me also.

I found the hack to setup the BT GPS receiver, but i cannot find the hack for activating the internal receiver.

Thanks

Guest Paraklas

Yesterday I visited a phone shop and when the salesman saw my Mpx220 he insisted that it has a GPS receiver integrated. I told him that this is nowhere mentioned in the specs or has ever been documented. He continued saying that Motorola demonstrated the phone to them and they used the GPS and the large antena of the mpx220 serves as a GPS antena as well. He also told me that the phone needs to have some sort of a "special programm" installed in order to activate the GPS receiver.

Weird but it got me thinking...

Guest fluffcat1

Berlimey! Nothing mentioned in the mpx220 service manual ( pm me if you want it) - you sure this isn't being confused with the Motorola A1000 pda ( symbian) that has 'agps' functionality when used an a 3g network?

There's even an extended aeriel socket on the A1000 for agps but it's not like you can link it into tomtom it just gives a better reading for network 'findme' services so it's not a true GPS receiver.

Richard

Definitely NOT a GPS reciever in the MPx220. Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know what they are talking about. If there was, Motorola would charge more for the phone, and advertise GPS capabilities. Not just have it sit there hidden and useless.

• 11 months later...
Berlimey! Nothing mentioned in the mpx220 service manual ( pm me if you want it) - you sure this isn't being confused with the Motorola A1000 pda ( symbian) that has 'agps' functionality when used an a 3g network?

There's even an extended aeriel socket on the A1000 for agps but it's not like you can link it into tomtom it just gives a better reading for network 'findme' services so it's not a true GPS receiver.

Richard

hai fluffcat1 ,

please can u send me link to download the mpx220 service manual . thank u.

sade