farmgorgon

Enabling Java on M1500

farmgorgon    0

Hi. Newbie question- I've just got a M1500 to specifically view one website that uses java. the site tells me tha I don't have java enabled on my computer.

Orange say that the M1500 is `java enabled`. Do I need to update the version of java on the M1500? Change an internal setting? Any help gratefully appreciated.

FG

Pondrew    1

Hi farmgorgon,

Although your SPV M1500 is java enabled in so far as being able to run java applications (probably through a java midlet program) Pocket Internet Explorer is NOT java capable. There are other internet browsers which are java enabled. Opera is one I believe...

farmgorgon    0

thanks v much, P. I'll do a search and download opera. Presumably it will fit on the device.

One last q- will opera fit/ work sucessfully on a m500 or c600? didn't get the latter as not 'java enabled' and orange wouldn't supply me with a former, but its the one i really wanted.

much obliged

animelover    1

It's little bit late but yes, Opera has a special version for WM5 smartphones and it's a must have for such devices I think!