Cingular 2125: Everything you need to know

Guest patrickjamesg

Guest user888

Hi there,

About ClearVue putting ClearVue on a Storage Card, I have created a CAB file for it (see attachment, phone must be unlocked). You have to put the files in '\Storage Card\Program Files\ClearVue Suite', create new shortscuts and run the CAB file to restore the correct file associations.

A more detailed description is online at http://www.ruwebit.net/article/138/

By the way, if you (for example) have installed a n I-Mate ROM on your QTek device ClearVue won't install anymore. The article above also explains to get around that.

Ruwebit_ClearVue_on_Storage_Card.CAB

Guest bluerats

Hello,

Could you (or anyone who knows) include which of the "i-mate" upgrades we can use? Also any improvements/complications we might see from it? I went to htcamerica and got the newest firmware there, but I don't think this is AKU2? Or is it? Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Guest kraftkid

Has anyone had any success storing voice notes on a storage card? After I leave two or three short messages, I start getting the low memory error. I have a card sitting empty, so this is a bit frustrating.

Guest leoiden

has anyone tried the wifi mini sd on the cingular 2125 to see if it works would be nice ,i hate these carriers who leave out technology on phones BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest tspy2u

Can anyone help the few of us who can't get this phone to app unlock....

Guys,

I am having the same problem.

for 00001001 I had 1 as default instead of 2

for 00001005 I had 16 so that was fine.

for 00001017 I had 16 instead of 128 and changed it 144.

After that i tried installing TCPMP and i get an error saying its not compatible with WINDOWS CE.

Any help is much appreciated....

Guest tspy2u

I have tried the manual reg edit, I have tried the "SDA_ApplicationUnlock" and nothing is working.... I can get TCPMP to play but the video stutters, while the unclocked processors trys to keep up.

PLEASE clue me into unlocking the apps on this phone.

Thanks much.

Guest leoiden
I have tried the manual reg edit, I have tried the "SDA_ApplicationUnlock" and nothing is working.... I can get TCPMP to play but the video stutters, while the unclocked processors trys to keep up.

PLEASE clue me into unlocking the apps on this phone.

Thanks much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try 00001005= 40

Guest tspy2u

Just so I am clear are you saying....

00001001 I had 1 as default instead of 2

00001005 I had 16 so that was fine.

00001017 I had 16 instead of 128 and changed it 144.

00001005 I had 40 so that was fine.

???????????????

Guest tspy2u

I meant...

00001005 I had 16 so change that to 40

what about 01 being wrong and 17 being wrong also?

Guest tspy2u

I tried changing my reg to the following....

1001 - 1

1005 - 16

1017 - 144

Didn't work... so I tried this as suggested...

1001 - 1

1005 - 40

1017 - 144

This didn't work either. For some unknown reason I can't find any way to app unlock this phone. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I would like to get the OmapClock working so that I can use TCMCP more effectively without video stuttering.

Thanks much.

Guest Snooginsguy
Hello,

Could you (or anyone who knows) include which of the "i-mate" upgrades we can use? Also any improvements/complications we might see from it? I went to htcamerica and got the newest firmware there, but I don't think this is AKU2? Or is it? Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Here is the imate link:

ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/

I installed this version on my 2125:

i-mate_SP5_WWE_2.5.331.2.zip

Some improvements:

The bluetooth file transfer is much more reliable;

You can now browse to websites that have frames - the installed browser did not support frames;

Overall stability of the operating system is MUCH improved - I'd have to restart the phone at least once a day with the old ROM, with this new one I've restarted maybe 3 times in the past month;

Push email from Exchange Server is supposed to work (but I can't test as our IT guys refuse to add SP2 to the server ;) );

You don't have all of the add-on Cingular garbage such as the Express Mail, all their backgrounds etc. and so on;

MSN messenger seems a lot more stable;

The Comm manager has a lot of additional controls (including WIfi, which jsut doesn't do anything on the 2125 since there's not wifi built in);

I kept losing service with the old ROM, wherein there were 4 bars, but the phone said "Searching" - once it was a faulty SIM card, but other than that I haven't had that happen with the new ROM;

The only weird thing about the different ROM is that the E icon doesn't show up by default. There is a registry edit that can be done to make it display, otherwise all you'll see is the G whether you're in an EDGE area or GPRS. Actually 2 weird things, when I'm using the phone as a bluetooth modem, I don't get the opposing arrows in the upper-right corner indicating it is in modem mode - it stays as the E or G.

That's about all I can think of right now. If I remember more I'll add to this post. But I can't stress enough about how the stability has increased - I was getting really frustrated with the factory ROM, and had actually called Cingular for a warranty replacement before I tried the new ROM, and with the iMate ROM I ended up sending the warranty replacement back.

Guest leoiden
Here is the imate link:

ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/

I installed this version on my 2125:

i-mate_SP5_WWE_2.5.331.2.zip

Some improvements:

The bluetooth file transfer is much more reliable;

You can now browse to websites that have frames - the installed browser did not support frames;

Overall stability of the operating system is MUCH improved - I'd have to restart the phone at least once a day with the old ROM, with this new one I've restarted maybe 3 times in the past month;

Push email from Exchange Server is supposed to work (but I can't test as our IT guys refuse to add SP2 to the server ;) );

You don't have all of the add-on Cingular garbage such as the Express Mail, all their backgrounds etc. and so on;

MSN messenger seems a lot more stable;

The Comm manager has a lot of additional controls (including WIfi, which jsut doesn't do anything on the 2125 since there's not wifi built in);

I kept losing service with the old ROM, wherein there were 4 bars, but the phone said "Searching" - once it was a faulty SIM card, but other than that I haven't had that happen with the new ROM;

The only weird thing about the different ROM is that the E icon doesn't show up by default. There is a registry edit that can be done to make it display, otherwise all you'll see is the G whether you're in an EDGE area or GPRS. Actually 2 weird things, when I'm using the phone as a bluetooth modem, I don't get the opposing arrows in the upper-right corner indicating it is in modem mode - it stays as the E or G.

That's about all I can think of right now. If I remember more I'll add to this post. But I can't stress enough about how the stability has increased - I was getting really frustrated with the factory ROM, and had actually called Cingular for a warranty replacement before I tried the new ROM, and with the iMate ROM I ended up sending the warranty replacement back.

HEY BRO i have a 2125 also would you mind explaining how i can do this on mine and also can i go back to the oem rom?????thanks in advance!

Guest Snooginsguy
HEY BRO i have a 2125 also would you mind explaining how i can do this on mine and also can i go back to the oem rom?????thanks in advance!

You can go back to the oem rom very easily. the original rom is found at htcamerica.net and installs without any unlocking etc.

As far as changing to the new, there are good instructions on this site under the heading "Imate rom on q-tek 8300" or something close to that. Basically, you app- unlock the phone, then you have to use the spv-Services app to change the phone's cid. then you simply run the rom update executable to install the new version. If these instructions are not helpful, i'll post better ones later, i'm using my phone now and my thumbs are getting tired. ;)

Guest drtabbah
You can go back to the oem rom very easily. the original rom is found at htcamerica.net and installs without any unlocking etc.

As far as changing to the new, there are good instructions on this site under the heading "Imate rom on q-tek 8300" or something close to that. Basically, you app- unlock the phone, then you have to use the spv-Services app to change the phone's cid. then you simply run the rom update executable to install the new version. If these instructions are not helpful, i'll post better ones later, i'm using my phone now and my thumbs are getting tired. ;)

I can't find these instructions, can somebody please give step by step instructions to upgrade from cingular 2125 rom to imate sp5 rom.

thanks

Guest leoiden

wirless web edge access on 2125 ,when my prepaid runs out and left with 4 cents of credit ,i was able to use the web on my 2125 without being charged,so there must be a glitch in the wireless web access and i hope cingular never finds it better yet ,hope we are able find the hack so it will compensate those cingular bastards from leaving the wifi out of the 2125 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! ;) :P ;)

Guest leoiden
Yep you need to run the SDA Application Unlock as well. Worked perfectly on my SP5. I have done it twice.

HEY BRO ANY WORK AROUND THE WIFI TO WORK ON 2125 WITH SP5 ROM maybe an adapter or trick thr phone to use edge thinking is wifi!!!!!

Guest MitchellO
HEY BRO ANY WORK AROUND THE WIFI TO WORK ON 2125 WITH SP5 ROM maybe an adapter or trick thr phone to use edge thinking is wifi!!!!!

Huh?

Guest MitchellO
meant any hack either hardware or software to simulate wifi on 2125 using edge ???????? ;)

I still don't understand the question. Why would you want to make the phone think that the EDGE connection is a WiFi connection??

I don't see how it is possible anyway.

Guest leoiden
I still don't understand the question. Why would you want to make the phone think that the EDGE connection is a WiFi connection??

I don't see how it is possible anyway.

i have prepaid serive with cingular so i am looking for options to be able to access the wireless web with out being charged the minutes! and why not have wifi

Guest MitchellO
i have prepaid serive with cingular so i am looking for options to be able to access the wireless web with out being charged the minutes! and why not have wifi

Ok. Well I have never heard of a program that does that sorry ;)