Cingular 2125: Everything you need to know

Guest patrickjamesg

Guest drtabbah
Hi there,

About ClearVue putting ClearVue on a Storage Card, I have created a CAB file for it (see attachment, phone must be unlocked). You have to put the files in '\Storage Card\Program Files\ClearVue Suite', create new shortscuts and run the CAB file to restore the correct file associations.

A more detailed description is online at http://www.ruwebit.net/article/138/

By the way, if you (for example) have installed a n I-Mate ROM on your QTek device ClearVue won't install anymore. The article above also explains to get around that.

I went on the website fror instructions on installing clearvue suite on my 2125 after i upgraded to imate sp5 rom, but i'm not sure i have the original cab file you mentioned, all i have is the file attached to this message which i coulden't unpack to anything, could you please help me with that, or do those instructions not apply to my phone (cingular 2125)?

SETUP_AppSuite_1.0.0.2_Tornado_Cingular_05Dec05.zip

Guest jcostantino

Ok, so I ran the update and everything's ok except for one problem:

I can't install ClearVue Suite because the OEM version is locked to the Cingular rom - any way around this?

You can go back to the oem rom very easily. the original rom is found at htcamerica.net and installs without any unlocking etc.

As far as changing to the new, there are good instructions on this site under the heading "Imate rom on q-tek 8300" or something close to that. Basically, you app- unlock the phone, then you have to use the spv-Services app to change the phone's cid. then you simply run the rom update executable to install the new version. If these instructions are not helpful, i'll post better ones later, i'm using my phone now and my thumbs are getting tired. ;)

Guest drtabbah
You can go back to the oem rom very easily. the original rom is found at htcamerica.net and installs without any unlocking etc.

As far as changing to the new, there are good instructions on this site under the heading "Imate rom on q-tek 8300" or something close to that. Basically, you app- unlock the phone, then you have to use the spv-Services app to change the phone's cid. then you simply run the rom update executable to install the new version. If these instructions are not helpful, i'll post better ones later, i'm using my phone now and my thumbs are getting tired. ;)

I successfuly upgraded my 2125 to imate sp5 ROM, the problem now is how to install clearvue on the SD card. any instructions?

Guest Snooginsguy
I successfuly upgraded my 2125 to imate sp5 ROM, the problem now is how to install clearvue on the SD card. any instructions?

Did you formerly run Clearvue from the SD card? If you did, then the executables and all will still be there unless you reformatted or uninstalled prior to changing ROMs. You just need to create new shortcuts to the executables, and they will work just fine. BTW, they should be in the Program Files folder, and would be in the ClearvVue Suite subfolder if you followed the instructions on this thread, or will be in a "Windows" folder if you didn't rename it.

Guest leoiden
Did you formerly run Clearvue from the SD card? If you did, then the executables and all will still be there unless you reformatted or uninstalled prior to changing ROMs. You just need to create new shortcuts to the executables, and they will work just fine. BTW, they should be in the Program Files folder, and would be in the ClearvVue Suite subfolder if you followed the instructions on this thread, or will be in a "Windows" folder if you didn't rename it.

any body want to share atomic cannon for sp email do not post here !!!! and i can share what i have purchased!

Guest jcostantino

That's weird - I upgraded my 2125 to the SP5 (not m) firmware and app-unlocked no problem. I reset the phone's ID with the SPV-Services app and then installed the newest SP5 ROM. Once that was done, the phone was app locked and I changed the registry values as shown in this thread and everything was fine.

The trick was realizing I had to copy the registry editor ARCHIVE to the phone and unpack it there instead of unpacking and installing the app itself.

I know it's apples to oranges since we're comparing the SP5 and SP5M so there is the possibility of it being different - although that's unlikely. But it ought to be the same core registry stuff.

well, I tried all the 7 or 10 slightly different ways suggested in this and other forums for unlocking my i-mat SP5m,

HOWEVER, none of them workwith the latest ROM (released March 22).

Any NEW idease anyone ? ;)

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Fantastic post for the app unlocking dude ;)

I was on the brink of kicking the crap out of my brand-new Qtek 8310 - it should have been unbranded and unlimited in all respects....

Guest drtabbah
Has anyone had any success storing voice notes on a storage card? After I leave two or three short messages, I start getting the low memory error. I have a card sitting empty, so this is a bit frustrating.

Anybody?

Guest tspy2u

Well 411 update on my unlocking attempt. I tried the HTCUnlock and the SDA App Unlock. Both say "is not a vaild Windows CE application" respectively. I tried the HTC first, nothing then I tried the SDA, nothing. Nothing seems to be able to inlock this phone. I just got the phone 3-4 weeks ago if this info helps. I have ROM version: 1.0.9.0 - OPERATOR version: 1.8.42.14 Any help would be appreciated. I want to install OMAPClock to run video more clearly.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Paradox-Sj

The one things that irks me about this phone is how you can accidently answer it or even worse how anyone else can answer your phone even when locked. The Unlock key turns into an Answer key when you recieve an incoming call.

Is there anyway to change this?

Guest thegsrguy
Well 411 update on my unlocking attempt. I tried the HTCUnlock and the SDA App Unlock. Both say "is not a vaild Windows CE application" respectively. I tried the HTC first, nothing then I tried the SDA, nothing. Nothing seems to be able to inlock this phone. I just got the phone 3-4 weeks ago if this info helps. I have ROM version: 1.0.9.0 - OPERATOR version: 1.8.42.14 Any help would be appreciated. I want to install OMAPClock to run video more clearly.

Thanks in advance.

Worked perfectly on my 2125. You have to run the HTCUnlock program on your Windows PC while there is an active ActiveSync connection. It'll drop a new program into your Accessories folder on your phone. Run it.

Guest mattward70

I know this topic has been dead for awhile. I recently bought a sandisk 1 gig memory card for my cingular 2125. The phone recognizes it, when I active sync i can drag and drop songs onto it and then play them through WMP. However, I cannot get a partnership with WMP (version 10). When active sync tries to do that (when i click the blue link next to media) it says "no device can be found" on the Sync tab of WMP. I have searched far and wide, can anyone point me to a solution?

Thanks for your time,

Matt

Guest Snooginsguy
I know this topic has been dead for awhile. I recently bought a sandisk 1 gig memory card for my cingular 2125. The phone recognizes it, when I active sync i can drag and drop songs onto it and then play them through WMP. However, I cannot get a partnership with WMP (version 10). When active sync tries to do that (when i click the blue link next to media) it says "no device can be found" on the Sync tab of WMP. I have searched far and wide, can anyone point me to a solution?

Thanks for your time,

Matt

Uninstall and reinstall Activesync on the PC.

Guest eightballrj

Hey I used the registry tweak and now my phone will not act correctly. I cannot get into many of the connection settings with an error of: ERROR The settings could not be opened.

Guest Snooginsguy
Hey I used the registry tweak and now my phone will not act correctly. I cannot get into many of the connection settings with an error of: ERROR The settings could not be opened.

What registry tweak are you referring to?

Guest Paradox-Sj
the best registry hack is to be able to install the orange plugin on the 2125

What is the "orange plugin" that you are refering to?

Guest leoiden

the orange plugin is the way the homescreen lets you side scroll to your applications ,,only orange branded smartphones have this ,search for spv c600 model or any other orange spv model for a screen shot its very cool!!

Guest mattward70

Hey I had a question on something I don't think has been brought up.

I imported all my outlook contacts to my phone. I have about 70 of them in one group (under the company tab). I was wondering if there was a way to send one text message to everyone listed under that company. (text message, not email message).

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by mattward70

Guest thenewkid

Does anyone know how to do a hard reset for the cingular 2125?......my phone was working last night woke up this morning and now it is says searching on my phone like it can't find the service i called cingular and they said to try to use a different sim card to see if that works if it doesn your phone is broken ........is this true

Edited by thenewkid

Guest jcostantino

Newkid - turn the phone on while holding down both soft buttons and it will confirm that you want to reset it.

To everyone - I reverted back to the Cingular ROM last night... the i-Mate ROM was just acting "weird." I don't really have a way to describe it but my phone seemed to be very unstable.

The 1.8.42.14 Cingular ROM seems much more stable (to me) and I'm probably going to leave it alone. The only thing I'm really missing is push email, right?

Does anyone know how to do a hard reset for the cingular 2125?......my phone was working last night woke up this morning and now it is says searching on my phone like it can't find the service i called cingular and they said to try to use a different sim card to see if that works if it doesn your phone is broken ........is this true

Guest thenewkid
Newkid - turn the phone on while holding down both soft buttons and it will confirm that you want to reset it.

To everyone - I reverted back to the Cingular ROM last night... the i-Mate ROM was just acting "weird." I don't really have a way to describe it but my phone seemed to be very unstable.

The 1.8.42.14 Cingular ROM seems much more stable (to me) and I'm probably going to leave it alone. The only thing I'm really missing is push email, right?

That didn't work........i shut my phone off then turned it on holding the two soft buttons which are located right below the screen..........am i doing this wrong......thanks

Guest thenewkid
That didn't work........i shut my phone off then turned it on holding the two soft buttons which are located right below the screen..........am i doing this wrong......thanks

ok it worked now lets see if my service is back or not....if this doesn't work can i try anything else.??.........ok that didn't work still saying searching on my phone ......i don't know what else to do......

Thanks for the help

Edited by thenewkid

Guest Snooginsguy
ok it worked now lets see if my service is back or not....if this doesn't work can i try anything else.??.........ok that didn't work still saying searching on my phone ......i don't know what else to do......

Thanks for the help

It's the crappy Cingular ROM. Mine did that twice, and my brother's did that three times, where the SIM card just "stopped working." I have since changed over to the I-Mate ROM, and have not had any SIM malfunction since, which tells me that it is indeed the ROM that is causing the problem, not the SIM. In fact, one of the times I went back to a CIngular store, the clerk said that there had been a recall of all the 2125's and 8125's from the stores because they were having a problem switching from one cell tower to another, which was resulting in the phones malfunctioning and failing to find a tower again. He said there hadn't been an official recall, but for people to not hesitate to get a warranty exchange if their phones kept having this problem.

One other thing that just came to mind - one one of the "SIM malfunction" occasions, I pulled the SIM card out for about 5 minutes, then put it back in, and the phone started working again. No guarantee this will work for you, but it's worth a shot.