• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Registering your Dopod 818 Pro

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I just tried registering my Dopod 818 Pro at www.dopod.hk after being informed by Dopod support that because I purchased my phone through Expansys who had it shipped over from their HK warehouse i could not use the english site at www.dopodasia.com - oh pooh :D

In any case, since I cant read what I assme is Chinese, I struggled a bit (to say the least!). I eventually got it registered (I think) by comparing the www.dopodasia.com registration form with the www.dopod.hk one. I received an email which I presume activated my account. I can't seem to log-in however, and can only imagine this is because my password got messed up somewhere down the line.

There's a forget password button - dully clicked, email entered, and email received:

親愛的Dopod會員您好,以下為您的會員帳號資料:

帳號: subliminal / 密碼:

Dopod International Corp.

..now what's that all about :D

Let me know if anyone has any insight or has gotten any further in the registration process ;) The reason I'm so keen is because Dopod support kindly informed me that is where AKU2 will be released once it comes out of testing.

Posted · Report post

Thanks - at least I know what the message says now ;)

..problem is it says I have no password :D (e.g. Password: )

How am I going to explain that one! :D

Posted · Report post

Just managed to register my HK 818 on that URL...

P

Posted · Report post

Nothing to see / do now I have tho ;)

P

Posted (edited) · Report post

ooohyes! - the password was actually blank (how on earth did that happen). It wouldnt let me log in due to javascript validation on the password length (e.g. it forces you to enter at least 6 characters) so I saved the page and removed the checking.. then submitted and I'm in ;)

w00t - and thanks Paul :D (hope you're having as much fun with this phone as me btw!)

Edited by niek_groot

Posted · Report post

Lovin' it so far ;) Can't wait for AKU2 tho, with push mail and A2DP!

With my 4GB SD, i'll be in heaven then :D

P

Posted · Report post

4gig SD is on my to-buy list too ;) beats an iPod in my opinion :D (at least an iPod mini)

that and a decent (wm5 compatible) VOIP client - trying to hunt down CiceroPhone

Posted · Report post

oh and yea.. there doesnt appear to be anything on that site..... bit boring really - bring on AKU2!!! ;)

Posted · Report post

I don't see ANYTHING at all (not even in the manuals / applications sections etc.).

Ah well ;)

P

Posted · Report post

A Dopod theme and something called 'Dr Eye' :|

P

Posted · Report post

The themes are half decent actually!

P

Posted · Report post

hay some body help me i lost my bill and i want to register for dopod my

hd no is : ht648ew04124 so how can i register without date