EXTROM unlock for Prophet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest reboot81

Was unable to run installed programs after installing Unlock_Ext_Rom_Wizard.cab

Tried everything to get them working. Bummer.

Solution: 1. eject SD-card. 2. Insert SD-card.

(...Yes Im a newbie, newer touched WM5 before last week)

Guest Stabilo
Best to do all this without a SD card inserted, in some cases it renames Storage Card to Storage Card2 and its more tinkering to get it back again.

Good tip

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jimbouk

Its usually best not to restore backups across roms. Apps that you have installed via activesync can be re-installed easily using activesync, tools, add/remove programs.

Guest Stabilo
Its usually best not to restore backups across roms. Apps that you have installed via activesync can be re-installed easily using activesync, tools, add/remove programs.

Thanks jimbouk, I thought that might be the answer. Unfortunately some of my applications are installed directly on the Prophet from cab's etc. Then there is setting up Tom Tom, Bluetooth, NewsBreak feeds etc.

I have download RUU_Prophet_2151327_21513121_021921_DOP_ASIA_WWE_Ship.exe but I might leave it a while before flashing.

I have used the following to back up the Orange M600 ROM to a 1GB SD card.:

backup of your old rom can be done (only after unlocking).

you need the program romupdate.exe

disable ActiveSync on usb connection

turn off phone

connect usb cable while pressing camera button

start romupdate_115.exe

chooice usb connection

enter 'r2sd all' this coppies your phone rom to your sd card (sd card will be erased !!!!!)

next step is to dump the sd card to file to store.

you need ntrw_189.exe and sd card reader

in a dos box in a dir with ntrw enter 'ntrw_189 read dump.nb1 drive_letter_of_reader:'

The backup appears to work but it creates an enormous 1GB file (dump.nb1) on the PC and ntrw_189 reports

1030101504 bytes writtenbytes: 0128

Readfile <>: dump.nb1 -- The parameter is incorrect.

I used www.imei-check.co.uk to sim unlock the M600 and I am assuming it also CID unlocked it, but I could be wrong. Is the error message a red herring or is it trying to say I haven't actually backed up the ROM because it is CID locked?

When I press camera and connect USB it does ask if I want to download image from SD card by pressing voice dial. This suggests it has worked but how can I know for sure?

Guest jimbouk

I have no experience of that backup.

I keep all downloaded cabs in one folder on my laptop so I can simply copy and paste them across to the device straight after a rom upgrade - and then run them on the phone.

Guest Stabilo
I have no experience of that backup.

I keep all downloaded cabs in one folder on my laptop so I can simply copy and paste them across to the device straight after a rom upgrade - and then run them on the phone.

How do you backup ROM's?

• 1 year later...
Guest borjita
Not my work, it's the Wizard EXTROM unlocker, works a treat.

P

Does this soft work with Mio A 701 PPC?

I want to unlock extended ROM on my PPC but i do not really how.

Would somebody give some instructions about how to do it?

Thank so much everybody here