ONSPEED: £13.03 for 1 year - 45% off!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

The attentive amongst you will remember I posted this item a few days back that talks about ONSPEED, the internet acceleration software, and the impending update that will support all Windows Mobile devices INCLUDING Smartphones (there is a Pocket PC 2003 version already!).

We'll i've been trialling it for about a week now, and i'm impressed... but it came into it's own when I was travelling on a train this week with my laptop, using a 3GPRS card. By cranking down the quality of the images, and of course with the integrated text compression, I was able to browse with a very respectable experience.

Why am I telling you this?

Well, I coincidentally got an email this morning about a 10% discount from a 1 year subscription to ONSPEED. Not only that, I happened to have a 35% discount code saved for the same merchant, which makes a whopping 45% discount on a 1 year subscription, bringing the total down to £13.03.

In anyones terms, that is a bargain, and if you think ONSPEED will be useful to you, I strongly recommend signing up before the offer goes away!

To get this great deal you need to do 2 steps:

1. Click Here and select your country / currency to add the product to your card

2. Enter the discount code 'HOLIDAY35' to apply the additional 35% discount

Enjoy! :)

P

post-1-1138703626_thumb.gif

Guest shadamehr

Thanks for spotting a great deal Paul.

Can I return the favour by mentioning that the actual Onspeed UK site/Your Account section, includes a "refer a friend" scheme that does cash back.

Not sure how it would work, but if you can tie it in with this, you could get a tidy return for every referral you make.

Worth checking out, and thanks again.

Keep us posted on the Windows Mobile 5.0 update too will you. Hope it's gonna be SmartPhone and not JUST Pocket PC as it seems to imply...

Cool stuff.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Don't think the onspeed referral system would work, i've put another referrer system in there, which means I should get a 10% cut of each sale.

Not sure if that's still the case with all these discount coupons tho, lol!

:)

P

Guest Swampie

Do you know if it support acceleration of NNTP connections? I've seen it supports various mail protocols and HTTP, but I wondered whether it also supported newgroups.

Thanks

D

Guest catman3

That is a fabulous deal! I can't wait to have smartphone integration!

I've been using the service in the U.S. nearly a year now with my Imate SP3i as a wireless modem which gives me more-than-respectful surfing speeds (with graphics reduced) wirlessly over GPRS (I have the unlimited data plan with T-Mobile US).

My only annoyance is the lack of integration with Firefox on secure sites - you have to manually turn off the Onspeed service to get it to work (It works fine with IE BTW). Not bad for one year of use...only one issue IMHO.

Now if only I could get this price with renewals :)

Regards,

Craig

Guest tsutton

How does this work? Do I go through their proxy server?

And when I look at the product specification, it doesn't say anything about PDA/Smartphone, just Windows 98/XP

Maybe I'm missing something? :)

Edited by tsutton

Guest tsutton
I have been told that the update will indeed support Smartphone :)

Do you know when it will come out?

I don't fancy buying it now and not use it until the update comes out, giving me a shorter time of using it...

Thanks Paul, I've gone for this... can't say it does much for a 10Mb BB connection :) but I'll install it on my Qtek S110 later and give it a whirl... Hopefully the smartphone version will be released soon as that's where I'd probably use it the most!

Guest shadamehr

Having got the current offer, and installed it, I just got a pop up notification yesterday via the application on my pc, to say that I can ADD a further 12 months to my subscription for a 20% discount price until the end of Feb...

AND, that the Onspeed Mobile version for SmartPhones is out on 1st march.

Guest catman3
Having got the current offer, and installed it, I just got a pop up notification yesterday via the application on my pc, to say that I can ADD a further 12 months to my subscription for a 20% discount price until the end of Feb...

AND, that the Onspeed Mobile version for SmartPhones is out on 1st march.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the update.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.