Home Screens

Guest Adami300

Guest Adami300

Not sure if you can or not but the homescreens I have on the phone are not that good.

have been looking around this site and have found the download section of the forum.

Has anyone downloaded any of them for the i300 and can this be done easy or do you have to have other software on the phone for it to work???

New to all this smart phone things so don't know what I can and can't do so sorry for asking if a stupid question

Guest kATkILLER

i've downloaded and used some of the home screens from the qvga section of the smartphone homescreens. place the files in \Storage\Application Data\Home then

change your homescreen as normal from the menu's. you don't need the .url file tho

thats in some of them

The resolution of the background.

QVGA (240x320) will work on devices like the C550 and C600 and SP5/m

The others are for older devices such as C500 and E200. Not sure of the dimensions

Guest Adami300

I have managed to download a couple of Homescreens to my phone however have 2 problems if people can help.

First one is when I set a homescreen on my phone some parts of different ones come on there as well. For example. Put a burnout one and set it as homescreen. Downloaded Simpsons one as well and put it on phone but didn't set it as homescreen but when I go into the menu or contacts it comes up with the simpsons on them. Is there a way to turn that off??

Second one is I have no idea what I have done. I deleted a homescreen of my phone cos it was interfering in the same aspect as above however now my ear piece volume doesn't seem to work propery. If I press it up or down it does not come up on the screen. Also have to press it quite a few times to turn up and down. Is this cos I deleted the other homescreen of my phone.

Any advice on how to get it back would be great also on the first problem as well.

Thanks for your help

Guest sazzles
I believe the i300 has a QVGA Screen so use the downloads available in the QVGA sections or my site here.

There's a little installation page on my site

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm trying to install the Homer Simpson one on my i300 but can't figure out how to do it as when I go to accessories, I only have the modem link and calculator. Any ideas?

Heres how to make homescreens....

http://www.modaco.com/Tutorial_Creating_XM...ns-t233425.html

Adami300... sounds like you have to uninstall the Simpson homescreen. Go to Start - Settings - Remove Programmes and uninstall the Simpsons screen

Sazzles....

After download Homer screen you must unpack the download using WinRar.

Connect your i300 to Avtice Sync and press 'Explore'.

Then copy the WM5 cab over to Windows\Start Menu\Accessories and then open Accessories and you should see it there. Then just click on it

Connect your i300 to Avtice Sync and press 'Explore'.

Guest deadphill

It didnt work for me for a while. However make sure that you have installed the other cab files that are mentioned as this helped me!

I am very impressed with how this all worked, I cant wait for any other themes to come out. What I will say is though with my sam i300 when there is a WM5 version and a non WM5 version on my phone it is impossible to distinguish which one is which as you cant read all the characters!

Just some food for thought for something that is incredibly cool. Thanks W411y!

Phill