• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

M2000 noob - wififodumb :(

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, I just learnt that my new m2000 is a Blue Angel.. how nice! :) But apart from that I'm getting a little perplexed as things arent working as simply as I'm lead to believe by the rather barren manual.

I am trying to connect to my first wireless network. *groan, I hear you cry* And it just wont work! I'm getting a little confused and cant find any solid instructions in any place that goes into any kind of detail.

I am in a house that has a wireless router with Open access and no security (I turned it off just to make connecting a little quicker as a test). So I'm sat in the next room and the m2000 picks it up the first time and adds it to the network list. But the manager constantly says "Scanning Network..." or "Connecting To Network..." never ever CONNECTED. I was lead to believe that when it pops up as discovering a new wireless area, I just say Connect, it does its stuff and I'm connected. What is going wrong? I've only just got the thing so everything is set to default and all I've done is press yes/connect/whatever it was when the bubble first popped up.

I have also installed after this the programs HitchHiker 0.4 and WiFiFoFum. Both programs detect the home network (and a couple of faint, more distant ones). With wififofum, I dont actually know how to connect to the networks it finds.. help here would be appreciated as there's no manual. HitchHiker tries to connect but constantly cycles through Configuring,connecting,etc never connected.

GPRS works fine.. but that costs! :D

Any help to this m2000 noob would be great!! :)

Posted

I had a similar problem and after turning WEP off, it connected and then allowed the key to be entered when I switched WEP back on.

I use Hitchhiker and it is far better than just turning wireless on.

Jeff

Posted

Well I worked out something.. something dumb of me.. that by pressing and holding, the menu comes up to Connect (using the default prog). So I logged into the router, got the key and changed a setting from Open to Automatic and it connected!

Hitchhiker still doesnt work, just cycles through configuring the hardware, trying to connect, not connecting, configuring, etc etc. Dont know whats wrong with that? Guess it doesnt matter now.