bypassing the touch screen calibration

Guest slovenskisin

Guest slovenskisin

no, the ribbon won't be a problem, i ment this: The metal frame doesn't quite fit either but with some work it does.

I e-mailed them...but didn't get a straight answer:

First he said that they have them. Then I asked about different versions and got this:

We have selling this touch screen for a while. This is one touch screen for your PDA phone Qtek 9090

Than, I said that I have the toppolly lcd and got this:

Once you get the touch screen, you will get the detail instruction about how to fix.

Qtel 9090 is same as PDA2K

Guest fluffcat1

There are locating 'dimples' within the frame, 2 on each side, and these correspond to holes in the digitiser frame - they are in different places on the 2 different digitisers, you can file them off the LCD frame and it will fit, then use double sided tape to hold the digitiser to the LCD while you re-assemble the phone. Once the phone is back together the pressure of the casing will hold the digitiser in place firmly.

If they can't give you a straight answer which type it is for I would avoid them :roll:

It may be that they are selling the glass / touchscreen without the frame? Possible but unlikely. Ask for a photo, and if they send the photo that is already on their webpafe definatley don't buy...

Richard

Guest fluffcat1
Hey, they replied me, here is the pic. But, i also need the frame, because I threw the broken digitizer away :oops:

That's a sony - see the narrow ribbon connector? Mine are better - they have frames ;-)

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
Guest slovenskisin

Hi!

well, i've changed it, but durin the proces I made a small crack ;) Well, nothing big, but it won't work. Perhaps the connector was poorly soldered on. Are the wires the same, only wider, or do they have to be changed?

Guest fluffcat1
Hi!

well, i've changed it, but durin the proces I made a small crack ;)  Well, nothing big, but it won't work. Perhaps the connector was poorly soldered on. Are the wires the same, only wider, or do they have to be changed?

Oh no!

It depends how bad the crack is. The touch pad works on uniform pressure, if the cracked glass is pushing against the touchpad overlay it will not work. Can you send a picture of the crack? The wires are in the same order only wider yes, that is correct.

Richard

Guest slovenskisin

Hey!

Well, today I took it appart again, but the old connector is soldered on just fine. I don't know, if the digitizer is in contact with the pins on the lcd, because the connector isn't soldered on.

post-125165-1142635235_thumb.jpg

post-125165-1142635263_thumb.jpg