• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Tip: See Wizard's Keyboard Mode

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Disclaimer: Editing the registry on your device may cause irreparable harm to your device. I am not responsible for any mishaps. Edit at your own risk.

(please accept my apology if this tip has already been posted in another thread. I searched this forum, but searching this forum is difficult and is a real pain) :x

To enable the Cap/Shift and Dot indicator on the screen when typing:

- Using your favorite Registry Editor for Windows Mobile, go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd

- Create a DWORD called EnableIndicator with value of "1" (without the quotation marks)

- Save changes and exit the registry editor

- Power off your device (do not soft-reset it at this point--unwritten changes are still cached in RAM and powering off will flush them to ROM)

- Soft-reset your device (by inserting the stylus into the reset button hole)

-- 8125kbindicator13yy.jpg

-- 8125kbindicator24zu.jpg

I'm assuming that this will work on any HTC Wizard. I know it works on the Cingular 8125 version.

Enjoy!

Edited by lesgainous

Posted

Nice, I'll give it a go as soon as install a reg editor again.

Posted

Works well for me on a Vario, though it only shows when there is a text field to enter into (i.e. not the Today screen) - Thanks!

David.

Posted

it only shows when there is a text field to enter into (i.e. not the Today screen) -

I would have thought that was the ideal behaviour - not taking up screen space unless there's a purpose in doing so.

Works for me (on a Vario). Thanks OP.

Posted (edited)

I'm assuming that this will work on any HTC Wizard. I know it works on the Cingular 8125 version.

Superb. Works fine on an O2 XDA mini-S. Thanks alot. :)

Edited by b6x

Posted

That's already on my o2 XDA Mini S.

Perhaps the hack was part of another cab file I've installed ?!?

Posted

It's enabled on mine, but I can't remember when it got enabled.

Can someone tell me how to get into the symbols menu when typing an email?

Posted (edited)

Can someone tell me how to get into the symbols menu when typing an email?

Basically, you type the character that most close resembles the character you want, and then press the round "dot" key and the Sym (Space) key. Repeated pressings of the Dot+Sym key cycles through all related symbols for the original character that you entered.

For example, when composing a document or email, enter the "(" character. Now press the Dot, then Sym key. You'll notice the "(" changes to "[". Pressing Dot, then Sym again, produces the "{" character. Repeat and you'll see "<", then "«".

Edited by lesgainous

Posted

Basically, you type the character that most close resembles the character you want, and then press the round "dot" key and the Sym (Space) key. Repeated pressings of the Dot+Sym key cycles through all related symbols for the original character that you entered.

For example, when composing a document or email, enter the "(" character. Now press the Dot, then Sym key. You'll notice the "(" changes to "[". Pressing Dot, then Sym again, produces the "{" character. Repeat and you'll see "<", then "«".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW! That worked. Makes sense now. I guess I should have RTFM in the first place.

Posted

This was posted a few months back. Worth stickying though :)

Posted

Hmmm.... maybe I'm doing something stupid, but it doesn't seem to be working properly for me.

I used BreakSoft's MobileRegistryEditor to edit the registry on my O2 XDA Mini S (with the O2 customisation removed as described at http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...dpost&p=707087).

Now I'm getting the C and dot symbols... but the "C" appears when I'm typing LOWER case. That's not right, is it? :?:

Posted

Yes, I was doing something stupid. Why is it you always realise this immediately after posting... :oops:

Anyway, seems I had caps-lock turned on in the on-screen keyboard and this was reversing the effect of caps-lock on the physical keyboard...

Posted (edited)

since i put this hack on, my dot+sym(Space) doesnt work so i cant change # to * or ( to { , etc

anyone else had this problem?

Edited by PayableOnDeath

Posted

nice one.. working smooth on my wizard

Posted

Thanks

Works a treat!!!! ;)

Posted

What a great tip. Used Resco Reg editor to do mine with no problems at all.

Only had my XDA Mini S a couple of days and was really annoyed at not being able to tell what mode the keyboard was in (until you type :) ) but now its much easier to use although it did take me a while to realise that if you hit either key twice in a row it changes all the keys you press rather than just the next one.

Cheer

Jim

Posted

Nice, but why oh why can't it work on the Password screen? Maybe it's my own stupid fault for having all maner of strange case variations and symbols in my password...

Posted

This is Great. Just tried it on my O2 mini S. such a pain wondering what a key press is going to produce!

regards

Howie

Posted

worked instantly at the moment of adding the value, no need to reset

thanks a lot

:D :(