GBA Emulator: Playable and Doable!

Guest pedroms1

Guest pedroms1

Finnaly!!

Today I've played Pokemon Saphire on my SP5!!!

Such a little word for those who said it wasnt possible: IN YOUR FAACE!!! lool

Today I finally managed to play GBA games on my SP5, but I needed a little overclocking, but I belive that with your help I can be done with no overclocking.

I've done it with a PocketPC GBA emulater called Morph Gear and the FakeCursor utility!!

It plays great on SP5, although it is very buggy!! For those hard believers, im posting some photos. I also need the help of some people that have a pocket PC and who knows good stuff that can help this project of porting GBA to Smartphones!!!

Im only sorry that this, probably, only works with WM 5 devices...

Later today I'm releasing a tutorial for those who couldn't believe it was possible to be made.

People, lets make it happen!!!! IT CAN BA MADE without those nasty bugs!!!

GBA_Emulator_on_SP5.zip

Guest pedroms1

Its not illegal, as long as you have the original game.

Yes, they are Roms, so you can play the game you want.

About overclocking, I said that I only have decent speed doing some overclocking, but it will play without overclocking when somebody helps me with a few things...

I need that a ppc owner installs the GBA emulator on his phone and tell where do u go to accept the settings changes. I cant seem to find a way to accept the settings (need it to change keys and increase frameskip (so that i can play it without the need of overclocking.)

Im starting the tutorial now.

(Sorry for the bad english) :)

Edited by pedroms1

Guest 171235_1437909563

hello and congratulations...

i'm sorry but i didnt understand everything you said in your last post...

could you please repeat in a better english ? :)

another question : would it be possible for my spv c600 to use the same strategy ?

Edited by 171235_1437909563

Guest pedroms1

Hi

The only reason to tell that this is only for SP5 is because the FakeCursor tutorial is only for SP5, but if you want to try out with other WM 5 device, you need to assign another key of your choice to FakeCursor.

Before you start be sure that your mobile phone is app unlocked!

So here it goes my step by step tutorial to play GBA roms on SP5...

1 - Create a folder wherever you like in your computer. (lets supose you create a folder in C: called GBA)

2 - Go HERE to download and install WinCE cab manager.

3 - Go to THIS TOPIC and follow the tutorial to make FakeCursor work with a key that can be called when you are not in the homescreen.

4 - Being sure that your phone is not activesynced, download from THIS SITE the file:

"MorphGear for Pocket PC 2003 Version 2.3.0.2

MorphGear for Pocket PC 2003 devices with the Intel XScale processor running Windows Mobile 2003. This includes devices such as the Dell Axim X5 Advanced, Dell Axim X3, and HP iPAQ 2215."

5 - WITHOUT THE PHONE ACTIVESYNCED, Install the file you've downloaded and, when it finishes installing on the computer, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\MorphGear\ and open the CAB file with WinCE Cab Manager. There, extract all the files in the files section to the folder you have created in step 1.

6 - Go to THIS SITE and download the file:

"PocketPC 2003 running Windows Mobile 2003, such as Dell Axim X5 Advanced, Dell Axim X3, or HP iPAQ 2215."

7 - WITHOUT THE PHONE ACTIVESYNCED, Install only on the computer and after you finish, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Marat\ and open the cab file with WinCE Cab Manager. Here, extract the VGBA.dll to the folder created in step 1.

8 - Now connect your device to activesync, and cancel the instalation of the aplications. Now copy the folder you've created on step 1 to your mobile phone and execute morphgear.exe.

9 - After it starts, activate fake cursor with the key you've chosen (if you followed the tutorial the key is the one above the volume keys) and click on the folder icon on the top left of the screen, to select your GBA rom.

10 - To play your games, I only know that the directions are controlled by the joystick, start button is the action key, right softkey is the A button and left softkey is the B button. To exit the emulator, I use the contacts key, under the left softkey that I've assigned to windows media player. When it leaves the emulator and starts the application you've pressed, press Home key and close the emulator on any task manager.

Just a tip: Use OmapClock at a 252 Mhz speed to get decent speed, while I cant manage how to save the configurations on the configurations screen.

BUGS:

- It just exits with no apparent reason!!

- I cant save the preferences. (this way I could increase the framerating, so it would run faster)

- No way of pressing L, R or SELECT buttons.

- If there's too many apllications running on the background, it wont open big roms. (For this, you just need to quit the other apps)

If anyone knows a way of fixing this bugs or finds more bugs, please post it.

I will post later a list of things that people can do to help me make this emulator work better. (Since Im not a programmer and it isnt open source, there aint much that can be done, but I've some ideas).

I would just like to thank kam_ for FakeCursor and try to reach the people that created this emulator that it can be done as we see on a smartphone, only with changes at the interface level!!!

So people, just remember: NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE ON A WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICE!!!!!!!

So people, just remember: NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE ON A WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICE!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can it iron my clothes? :)

Anyway, good tuturoial, hopefully it will become more efficient soon :D

Guest pedroms1

éron,

i think it should work on your C600, you just have to choose another key in FakeCursor.

I just hope that you post your results, so that i can confirm that it works on other devices than SP5.

Wally,

Im not worring about iron now, because Im developing an app that makes popcorns.

:)

Guest pedroms1

To download the GBA advance emulator follow the tutorial and click in the "THIS SITE" word, in step 4, this is a link to the site where you can download the first file.

To download the other file, click on the words "THIS SITE" in step 6. Then, just follow the tutorial.

Good games, and I advise you to use this overclocking software, that can be found HERE -> Click in this word.

MorphGear is the name of the core app, and Marat is the name of emulator module. Attention, you can also install a GameGear emulator, if you extract with WinCE the respective module, that I dont know wich is at the moment. (I will add it to the tutorial later.)

Please, post your results on a C600, if you try it. (just to be sure.).

Thanx,

Pedro

Edited by pedroms1

i'm gonna try this afternoon...

i'm not sure that i will find the key...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow that's pretty amazing pedroms, let's hope more people will have this working by the end of the day?

I personally have an SPV c500 and think it won't be able to run GBA games.

Cheers

M. Troni

Guest Jamma14

Pedroms, you may want to have a look at PocketGBA as it is supposed to be a faster emulator.

Also, to help with key mapping etc have a look at MenuHack and view the readme - by opening PocketGBA in reshack you can write a script for it that'll enable you to access some functions.

Hopefully using both of those it'll be possible to get a working emulator that you can configure keys with and that'll be able to run games playably.

Let me know if you need any help with menuhack as it can be tricky.

James

Guest pedroms1

Jamm14,

I've already tried that emulator, and it just downst work on smartphones.

Ive already used MenuHack in other projects, but it only works if the menu was really a menu (like those FILE, EDIT type of menus), I think it should be a key or an icon that I cant see, thats why I need the help of some one with PPC, but nobody seems to read this topic. Today I'll be sending you a PM because I need someone's help to workaround something with MenuHack in another prject.

So, everyone, has anybody managed to get this working???

MTroni,

Im sure it wont play well, in non QVGA devices, and Im almost sure it wont play with non WM 5 smartphones.

Tell me about your results.

Edited by pedroms1

Guest jameshpg
So, everyone, has anybody managed to get this working???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey pedroms1,

i got the emu working on my c600 but the fakecursor is a bit more tricky. i have the program in my /windows folder but i cannot delete/move/copy/paste the Short_Poc! It just won't let me change it! Says that its read-only or I don't have sufficient privilages.

I can run the program using Smart Explorer but as I can't use the assaigned key, I can't use it for the emu.

Please help as I've got this far and wanna finish it!

I will post good hi-res pics of I get it going.

jameshpg

Guest pedroms1

Jameshpg,

I think your phone is not fully app unlocked.

If you've already used the registry way to app unlock your phone, you just need to execute THIS APP with your device connected via USb to app unlock your phone.

Silent.Knight,

can you please tell in wich steps did you got stuck? If you dont try it, it really seems a little complicated if you never used WinCE Cab Manager.

Men!!! Didn't reaaly anyone managed to get this working??? :?:

Pedro

Guest jameshpg
Jameshpg,

I think your phone is not fully app unlocked.

If you've already used the registry way to app unlock your phone, you just need to execute THIS APP with your device connected via USb to app unlock your phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey pedro,

thanks for the response. how do i app unlock my c600? i thought the c600 was already unlocked?

also, what tool do you use to edit the registry on your phone?

thanks,

jameshpg

Guest jameshpg
To fully unlock your phone, follow the instructions in this site: http://spaces.msn.com/xpworld/Blog/cns!...A!198.entry.

Tell me your results.

Pedro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey pedro

thanks for sticking with this!

so your saying that when I app unlock, i can copy/delete the short_poc file in the /windows directory? also, can you go into more detail about the button assaignments because i'm using a c600 so the arrangements are slightly different. i want to be able to assaing it to the internet browser button at the top (See attached)

thanks again,

jameshpg

post-60376-1141149218_thumb.jpg

Guest pedroms1

Jameshpg,

If you app unlock, you can do evirything inside windows folder.

As I dont have a C600, you could send me all your short_*anything*.lnk in a zip folder here in the topic, or via PM, so I can see wich is the one that goes to internet explorer, and modify it. Dont forget that fakecursor must be in the windows folder.

Silent.knight,

Wich .exe are you talking about? To download the files, just click in the words like "HERE", "THIS TOPIC" or "THIS SITE".

C'mon, I want to see anyone getting this to work!!!

Thanx,

Pedro Santos

Guest jameshpg
Jameshpg,

you could send me all your short_*anything*.lnk in a zip folder here in the topic, or via PM, so I can see wich is the one that goes to internet explorer, and modify it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey pedroms1,

I WILL GET THIS WORKING LOL!

i have app unlocked now. the short_poc contains:

23#"\Windows\iexplore.exe"

thanks again and i look forward to getting this working!

james

Guest pedroms1

Ok, make sure you have FakeCursor.exe in your \Windows directory and paste the file in the zip file that i'm attaching to your windows directory.

Dont forget, your phone must be overclocked with no apps running on the background for it to play at decent speeds.

Hoping you will finally make it,

Pedro

FakeCursor.zip