GBA Emulator: Playable and Doable!

Guest pedroms1

Guest Smartastic

yea i got morphgear to work wich was easy but as for gba games it couldnt see any roms though (used the normal extensions) i was able to play NES games...speed and all is good but since u cant configure anything or at least leave the damn screen (it depends to much on the touchscreen) its very unusefull for me...(press * u get the configure pop up, cant leave it though)

what u should do is email the author and ask if he could port it to smartphone, ..

Guest Matty.PW

Am i the only one that is a little curious?

Can you not see the word "Unregistered" in the bottom left corner in red in all the shots of the emulator?! As in they might just be screen shots from a program running on a PC or the like?!

You can see the "Unregistered" in red on the pics called "Sem titulo.jpg", and you can also see this on the photos from the SP5 if you look close enough!!

Fake if you ask me!

Guest Leddy
Am i the only one that is a little curious?

Can you not see the word "Unregistered" in the bottom left corner in red in all the shots of the emulator?! As in they might just be screen shots from a program running on a PC or the like?!

You can see the "Unregistered" in red on the pics called "Sem titulo.jpg", and you can also see this on the photos from the SP5 if you look close enough!!

Fake if you ask me!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they were shots from a PC, then they would be clean as the person could just use PrtScrn. However, this guy used a third party app to cap screenshots off their phone.

Guest pedroms1

Man, this is why Tech gave up of this forum.

Why dont you try first, then say if it is a fake or not?? If you dont believe me, ask Smartastic if when he played the NES emulator on morph gear the "unregistered" word didnt appear too.

It just means that Im playing with an unregistered version of the emulator.

If you ask me, I also dont know why people do not post their results, but it doesnt mean that it is a fake, I think that if this was a fake, then people would have posted their results, but, as you can see by the number of downloads of the photos, people just seem to try it, and dont post anything, forgeting that this is just a community.

Before saying it is fake, try it.

Pedro

Guest Smartastic

matthew p u are so off...try to think before making insults ok ?

i tried it too and got the same unregisterd version screen, he ask 15 dollar per module, this is shareware software, prolly has more limitations but as i said this program isnt handy and should be ported in the good way by the author..

Edited by Smartastic

Guest Smartastic
Nice, can you build a PPC version for 2003SE Intel as wel as Arm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can you search the author site or ask him ?

Guest jameshpg
Im only sorry that this, probably, only works with WM 5 devices...

Later today I'm releasing a tutorial for those who couldn't believe it was possible to be made.

People, lets make it happen!!!! IT CAN BA MADE without those nasty bugs!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi pedroms,

I'VE DONE IT!!! I AM NOW OFFICIALLY PLAYING POKEMON SAPHIRE!!!

MY C600 WITH THE HELP OF AN APP UNLOCK AND SOME BUTTON REASSIGNMENTS PLAYS SAPHIRE!

i thought it cud be done! thanks for all ur hard work and as a thank you i will be posting pictures of how i did it.

should be up and running by the end of tonight!

check back at 9pm

jameshpg

Guest jameshpg

hello all *again*,

this is the updated guide. i've got the pics from the phone and they attached! check it out for yourself and belive it. the game works well - tad slow but i haven't overclocked my c600 because i dont know how to lol! :roll:

here's a short step by step guide:

1. app unlock (if phone is already app unlocked, go to step 2):

a. unzip regedit.rar to your storage card via activesync

b. right click on regedit.exe and select copy

c. go to the /windows/Start Menu directory on your phone (you might need to go to folder options and select Show hidden files/folders)

d. right click anywhere and click Paste Shortcut. You now have a shortcut to the reg edit program for easy access

e. open the program and go down to select HKEY_LOCAL_MA

regedit.rar

FakeCursor.rar

ShortPOC.rar

post-60376-1141336092_thumb.jpg

post-60376-1141336100_thumb.jpg

post-60376-1141336109_thumb.jpg

post-60376-1141336116_thumb.jpg

Edited by jameshpg

Guest w411y

Well done James ;)

Now we wont have to worry about pedroms giving up on this forum ;)

If I get time tomorrow Ill try on my C550 and post results.. I hard reset yesterday so wont lose much if it goes wrong.

Guest pedroms1

Djfuego, it is already a version for pocketpc, all you need to do is install it.

Jameshpg,

I wanted people to go to their website to download, so they could be sure that the emulator wasnt made by me. And about making your own rar files, I think that it is illegal, as it isnt a free distibution program, but as long as they dont know it...

By the way, thanks for the photos, lets hope that nobody else says it is a fake.

w4lly,

People that think that people should stay on the forum as long as they know something that nobody knows, arent also the people will be missed. By the way, fakecursor only works with WM 5, so you should try pen irazu (pirazu), and maybe you could post your results. (The emulator works in non QVGA and WM 5 devices)

Guest jameshpg
Jameshpg,

And about making your own rar files, I think that it is illegal, as it isnt a free distibution program, but as long as they dont know it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey,

i dont want to do anything illegal? wot should i do? can i edit my post and get rid of the attachment?

thanks

james

Guest pedroms1

Men, maybe you can wait for someone to tell you if it is really illegal, as I cant be sure of it, but I really thing it is, as I havent posted the files, instead of it, I just gave people the links. But as this is happening in other topics, I think it shouldnt make any difference. (for example, look at the first post of THIS TOPIC.

You decide what you want to do...

Pedro

Guest josh_lomas

bugger, When i press the ie button after installing fake cursor and following all of the instructions, it comes up with a message saying this program comes from an untrusted bla bla bla as normal, so i press yes, but it takes ages to register that ive pressed the button, then comes up with a screen saying that the program doesnt have a certified certificate or some crap like that!

please help

Guest pedroms1

Your phone isnt still full app unlocked. To fully app unlock your phone, you need to run this app with your phone connected via USB: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=Attach...e=post&id=16560

Maybe jameshpg will add it to his easier tutorial... But I'll stay with mine, as it also teaches how to port ppc apps to smartphone, so if you only want to install this emulator, you should use his step by step guide, as it is WAY easier.

By the way, you should run fakecursor.exe in the windows directory, before starting use iit with the IE (or Comm Manager) key.

Pedro

Edited by pedroms1

Guest josh_lomas

ive done that but it still says "acsess denied: that program is not signed with a certified digital certifiicate" whats going on?

Guest gitrooman

Every time i try and start Fakecursor, i get the certification messege , i hit yes and then my phone freezes. Also i'm not sure what you mean by assigning IE to fakecursor. could someone please elaborate for me? thanks.

Guest pedroms1

Gitrooman, you should run the fakecursor.exe with file manager from the Windows directory. Assigning fakecursor to IE button is letting fakecursor start from pressing the IE button on the left side of C600. (In SP5 it is the Comm Manager button). By doing this you can start fake cursor while you are on the emulator. (wich is required to play the emulator). To assign IE or Comm Manager button to FakeCursor, just download the Sort_POC file, and unzip it to your \Windows directory.

Pedro

Guest jameshpg

hi,

i have submitted a modified guide now pedroms. hope you don't mind me taking some of your steps ;-)

team effort eh?

can you tell me how to overclock my c600 so we can add that to the guide too?

many thanks,

jameshpg

Guest Silent.knight

Hey, it won't let me copy short.poc to my phone as i can't copy the file type (apparently) and access is denied... what now?

Guest jameshpg
Hey, it won't let me copy short.poc to my phone as i can't copy the file type (apparently) and access is denied... what now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey silent.knight,

are you sure that your phone is fully app unlocked? make sure that the 2 values in the registry have been changed. until its fully unlocked, you wont be able to do much with the /windows directory

regards,

jameshpg

Guest josh_lomas
hey silent.knight,

are you sure that your phone is fully app unlocked? make sure that the 2 values in the registry have been changed. until its fully unlocked, you wont be able to do much with the /windows directory

regards,

jameshpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think me and the other dudes are having the same problem. My phone is DEFINATLEY app unlocked but im having exactly the same problem

Guest jameshpg
I think me and the other dudes are having the same problem. My phone is DEFINATLEY app unlocked but im having exactly the same problem

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey,

try copying the short_poc to somewhere else on your phone first (e.g my documents) and then use smart explorer to copy it into the /windows directory. i don't think activesync likes the file extension.

it can be done!!! keep trying!

pedroms - how do you overclock the c600 to make the emu run a bit smoother? also, is there any sound?

jameshpg