GBA Emulator: Playable and Doable!

Guest pedroms1

Guest w411y

James.... look at post #2 of this thread. I posted a link to a programme allowing overclocking

Edited by w411y

Guest Silent.knight
hey,

try copying the short_poc to somewhere else on your phone first (e.g my documents) and then use smart explorer to copy it into the /windows directory. i don't think activesync likes the file extension.

jameshpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never really thought of that... Thanks - i'll try it - i'll tell you if it works

EDIT: nah, you can't send .ink files to phone... I know - i'll put it in zip then send then use phone to unzip.

EDIT2: Sorted-Now how do i assign a button for fakecursor?

Edited by Silent.knight

Guest Silent.knight
I never really thought of that... Thanks - i'll try it - i'll tell you if it works

EDIT: nah, you can't send .ink files to phone... I know - i'll put it in zip then send then use phone to unzip.

EDIT2: Sorted-Now how do i assign a button for fakecursor?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, and whenever i restart my phone - the files in the windows directory disappear

Guest gitrooman

Whenever i try and execute the fakecoursor from filemanger my phone i get the confirm screen, then freezes up. Could it be that hte program isnt compatable with the smt 500, (c500 om europe)? btw whats the cpu speed on teh c600 and c500?

Guest pedroms1

To have the smoothest experience, I add the the emulator to the start menu, and installed SP Task Manager from Binarys.

Now, I've added SP TM Free Mem to Speed Dial Key 8, MorphGear (the emulator) to SpeedDial key 6 and OmapClock (the overclock program) to key 8.

Now, in the homescreen, I hold 8, and overclock to 240 Mhz and exit, the I hold 2 to free the most memory I can, and only then I hold 6 to start MorphGear. (It needs to be done often if you want to play 16Mb roms).

To download follow the link that Wally gave: ftp://xda:[email protected]/Uplo...pClock_v0.2.zip

Just a question, Wally, did you manage to get this working with your C550? (With Pirazu instead of FakeCursor)

Guest w411y

Sorry man I havn't had the time I got to do preperation for my 10 hour exam :| Finishes Tuesday so I'll start looking into it Tuesday night for you mate ;) Bit of tension won't do no harm ;)

Guest pedroms1
Cant get PIrazu to work dammit  :|  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cant help you there, I've never tried it, and it doesnt work on wm5 devices... Try to ask help on that topic, or if there isnt any topic about it, start one. I've already tried and the emulator opens in non wm5 devices, and (because it wasnt a QVGA screen), it resized to fit the screen. I believe it should work on those phones.

Guest josh_lomas
I'll start a new thread.... although the likelyhood of someone using this app on C550 is pretty low. I'll ask never the less.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im trying to run fake cursor on my c550 and am having no luck...

Guest pedroms1

No, mpx200 cant play gba emu. Even if someone can find a way to use Pirazu, the mpx200 CPU is just too slow to play it. Even this emulator needs to overclock to play it smoothly.

If someone finds a way to use Pirazu, please post it in the topic.

Ppl. all those problems you are having is because your phone is not fully unlocked! (the windows folder problem and the overclock app I/O error.)

To solve them, you must (after registry unlock) run this app in your computer, with your device connected via USB:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=Attach...e=post&id=16560

Pedro

Edited by pedroms1

Guest josh_lomas
No,  mpx200 cant play gba emu. Even if someone can find a way to use Pirazu, the mpx200 CPU is just too slow to play it. Even this emulator needs to overclock to play it smoothly.

If someone finds a way to use Pirazu, please post it in the topic.

Ppl. all those problems you are having is because your phone is not fully unlocked!  (the windows folder problem and the overclock app I/O error.)

To solve them, you must (after registry unlock) run this app in your computer, with your device connected via USB:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=Attach...e=post&id=16560

Pedro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My phone is DEFINATLEY unlocked, ive run that program a million times on my pc, but fake cursor still wont work

Guest pedroms1

You should have read the topic more carefully. As everyone said, FakeCursor doesnt run on non-WM5 devices. There is a program that should have done the work, but nobody seems to get it to work. The program is Pirazu (or Pen Irazu). Maybe you should try to see if you can make it work. There's already a topic about it, but I dont know where is it. (maybe you should search.)

About the unlocking app, it should only fix the I/O error in the overclock app and should allow you to overwrite the .lnk files in the windows folder.

Kersley,

Can you report wich are the problems that you are having with fakecursor? It should work on C600.

Pedro

Edited by pedroms1

Guest kevinsephiroth

i have a c600 all works great. i had to have one short-poc in windows directory, and one in my gba directory with morphgear in it (dunno if it is neccessary) and of course fake cursor in windows dir.

i had to open the short_poc in my gba dir(in sd card) cause the ie button show a pop up screen with "yes or no" for the app. and freeze. when opened in file manager, it's ok. then just press and press again ie button to make appear or disappear the cursor on screen

MY PROBLEM IS; i have .GBA roms in sd card and when trying to find them in morphgear they just don't show! maybe do i have to put them in rar or zip files....

EDIT roms are still un foundable. impossible to see them... only NES rom are viewable! no GB,nor GBC, GBA, etc.... :-(

Edited by kevinsephiroth

Guest pedroms1

First of all, you should start to talk about this emu in this topic, telling us about your results. Here's something I've found in another thread: (of course, I'm not searching for references to this emulator, but anyway:

Hi Parralax, i found this today on the forum. Do you think that you can use theses tips for a possible GBA Emulator?

http://www.modaco.com/GBA_Emulator_Playabl...e_-t237177.html

Hi Parralax, i found this today on the forum. Do you think that you can use theses tips for a possible GBA Emulator?

Regards,

QUOTE(kersley @ Mar 1 2006, 14:34)

Regards,

Confirmed! It will run GBA games on the C600 at an ok rate (yet to over clock for decent rates), currently playing final fantasy tactics yay!!

QUOTE(kersley @ Mar 11 2006, 16:32)

Someone tried it?

I tried it, its works. GBA games are definately playable on the C600 already.

Note if you follow the guide you don't have to do any of the regestry stuff, s

So, at least it seems to be working for most people.

kevinsephiroth,

About your problem, you should make sure that you've followed this step carefully:

6 - Go to THIS SITE and download the file:

"PocketPC 2003 running Windows Mobile 2003, such as Dell Axim X5 Advanced, Dell Axim X3, or HP iPAQ 2215."

7 - WITHOUT THE PHONE ACTIVESYNCED, Install only on the computer and after you finish, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Marat\ and open the cab file with WinCE Cab Manager. Here, extract the VGBA.dll to the folder created in step 1.

You must be sure that VGBA.dll is in the same folder as morphgear.

That should solve the problem.

Pedro

Edited by pedroms1

Guest kevinsephiroth
First of all, you should start to talk about this emu in this topic, telling us about your results. Here's something I've found in another thread: (of course, I'm not searching for references to this emulator, but anyway:

So, at least it seems to be working for most people.

kevinsephiroth,

About your problem, you should make sure that you've followed this step carefully:

You must be sure that VGBA.dll is in the same folder as morphgear.

That should solve the problem.

Pedro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes i have it. i have in a folder named "GBA" in my storage card:

Destiny.dll

gsgetfile.dll

iNES.dll

MasterGear.dll

Morph.dll

MorphEngine.dll

Morphgear.exe

MorphGearLogo.bmp

VGB.dll

VGBA.dll

the trouble is , the fake cursor works well, as well as morphgear.exe but when i try to browse the directory containing my roms the emu seems to not fond them!

Guest kevinsephiroth
Hello all!

I just wanted to ask if i can install this GBA emulator to my mpx220? Or is this just for WM5 mobiles?

thx!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to install it on a WM5.0 and QVGA (240*320pix)... cause it's a PPC app so a non QVGA won't do it!

Guest Too-Sexy
You have to install it on a WM5.0 and QVGA (240*320pix)... cause it's a PPC app so a non QVGA won't do it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohh i see!

thx for the answer.

Guest kevinsephiroth

i show to everybody what is on my screen when i try to use morphgear! maybe somebody will understand my problem.

1:Home screen

2:start menu,

3:start menu withe games (4)

4:games menu, with morphgear (2 "GBA")

5:INTO morphgear

6:using the fake cursor on the top left icon in order to open a rom

7:this is what it shows: NOTHING!

8:my directory of games roms

9:the only roms i can found are NES roms!

10:for exemple my directory gameboy, with both GB, GBC and ZIP roms of pokémon...

11:what screen i get when browsing this directory in morphgear!!! nothing at all appears!!!!

finally i attached a rar file with all the fotos.

post-162389-1142944518_thumb.jpg

post-162389-1142944532_thumb.jpg

post-162389-1142944584_thumb.jpg

post-162389-1142944625_thumb.jpg

post-162389-1142944639_thumb.jpg

post-162389-1142944651_thumb.jpg

post-162389-1142944660_thumb.jpg

post-162389-1142944669_thumb.jpg

post-162389-1142944679_thumb.jpg

post-162389-1142945236_thumb.jpg

post-162389-1142945269_thumb.jpg

WM5.0_1_11.rar