GBA Emulator: Playable and Doable!

Guest pedroms1

Guest pedroms1

Just try to do these stuff, and see if anything works:

Delete your folder as it is, and reinstall morphgear again from step 1, and only extract the VGBA.dll. Leave the other .dll from the other systems alone (there are smartphone versions of those emulators, wich are much better than morphgear).

Do not copy .zip roms, only .gba .

Try to copy the rom (the .gba file) to the morphgear folder.

Make sure you havent renamed any of the files.

Hope it helps

Pedro

Guest kersley
no... you must have designed it before unlocked...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't understand how to install it. The tuto is not clear :help me please!!

Guest kersley
You should have read the topic more carefully.  As everyone said, FakeCursor doesnt run on non-WM5 devices. There is a program that should have done the work, but nobody seems to get it to work. The program is Pirazu (or Pen Irazu). Maybe you should try to see if you can make it work. There's already a topic about it, but I dont know where is it. (maybe you should search.)

About the unlocking app, it should only fix the I/O error in the overclock app and should allow you to overwrite the .lnk files in the windows folder.

Kersley,

Can you report wich are the problems that you are having with fakecursor? It should work on C600.

Pedro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't understand how to install fakecursor. The tuto is not clear :help me please!!

Guest kevinsephiroth
I don't understand how to install fakecursor. The tuto is not clear :help me please!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fakecursor:

a. download fakecursor.rar and unzip fakecursor.exe (which is in the FakeCursor.rar off course) to your /windows directory

a. download the shortpoc.rar file TO YOUR PC and unzip the Short_POC to your desktop (of the computer off course)

b. open the /windows directory on your phone via activesync

c. right click on Short_POC on the desktop and click Copy

d. right click in the /windows folder and select Paste

e. it will ask you to overrite the existing one, select Yes

FAKECURSOR WILL LAUNCH AND CLOSE EVERYTIME YOUR PRESS THE IE BUTTON NOW! ---> IE button is (on SPV C600) just above the two sound buttons (up and down)...

hope this helped you

Guest kevinsephiroth
Just try to do these stuff, and see if anything works:

Delete your folder as it is, and reinstall morphgear again from step 1, and only extract the VGBA.dll. Leave the other .dll from the other systems alone (there are smartphone versions of those emulators, wich are much better than morphgear).

Do not copy .zip roms, only .gba .

Try to copy the rom (the .gba file) to the morphgear folder.

Make sure you havent renamed any of the files.

Hope it helps

Pedro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes! i tried with pok

post-162389-1142983481_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevinsephiroth

Guest pedroms1

I dont its possible to have sound, since this emu is already slow to play in this devices. About your gaming experience, I've written this sometime ago:

To have the smoothest experience, I add the the emulator to the start menu, and installed SP Task Manager from Binarys.

Now, I've added SP TM Free Mem to Speed Dial Key 8, MorphGear (the emulator) to SpeedDial key 6 and OmapClock (the overclock program) to key 8.

Now, in the homescreen, I hold 8, and overclock to 240 Mhz and exit, the I hold 2 to free the most memory I can, and only then I hold 6 to start MorphGear. (It needs to be done often if you want to play 16Mb roms).

To download follow the link that Wally gave:

ftp://xda:[email protected]/Uplo...pClock_v0.2.zip

Try it, and you should have a smooth experience playing at 240Mhz.

Pedro

Guest kevinsephiroth
I dont its possible to have sound, since this emu is already slow to play in this devices. About your gaming experience, I've written this sometime ago:

Try it, and you should have a smooth experience playing at 240Mhz.

Pedro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well before you, i already have some quick launch buttons: 9 for free memory (free up to 2mo) , sp task manager on 6 (sometimes buggy) , and ti omap overclock 2 on 3 (i overclock up to 288mghz) .... an di edited the registry that now the mms take less memory. now i have always 23MO free... perfect for 16MO roms like pokémon fire red...

maybe that's why i couldn't launch yu-gi-oh! gx duel academy (it is a 32 mo rom!!!)

damn can somebody pause the game during play? with # you can access options.... well.

Guest pedroms1

Ok, I'm not trying to compete with anyone on who has assigned the speed dial buttons first.

I advice you to use the SP TM Free Mem, that gives a lot of memory. (if that is what you're already using, never mind.)

To pause the emulator, use one of the hardware keys (like the camera, or the contacts key), there, you can go to the homescreen, pressing the HOME key. Now do whatever you want to do, and press the back key until you find the emulator again. (dont know if going to the task manager works). I cant try it since I've updated the ROM, and I dont have time to reinstall the apps.

Pedro

Guest pedroms1
Pedroms !! Ive found a fake cursor app that appears to work on a C550! It was mentions on GPC's blog here.

The link to the site is http://www.bobsoft.com/sphelper/

I'm away all weekend but I'll definately try when I get back. Fingers crossed ay ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) Hope it does! Having a C550 playing GBA games would be great, but then we can try with non QVGA phones, and it would be really great, just thinking of playing GBA games on any cheap WM phone, like a mpx220 (or any 200mhz processor). (although it would be a little strange). Lets see what happens.

Guest Eminos

I get an error when starting MorphGear on my Qtek 8310 with i-mate SP5 AKU2 ROM:

Error:

Destiny: Exception in e:\dev\spicypixel\src\gapi\gapidisplay.cpp at line 355.

Unable to open display.

---

I've have done by your instructions. The phone is unlocked.

/Eminos

Guest derek_k
I get an error when starting MorphGear on my Qtek 8310 with i-mate SP5 AKU2 ROM:

Error:

Destiny: Exception in e:\dev\spicypixel\src\gapi\gapidisplay.cpp at line 355.

Unable to open display.

---

I've have done by your instructions. The phone is unlocked.

/Eminos

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem ;) - SP5 AKU2 ROM

Guest pedroms1

Hi, I have been on holidays for a while.

Eminos, I havent tried it yet, but there shouldn't be any problem. I will try it when I have some time. If I cant find the problem, i will try to contact Micro$oft.

Wally,

how about that SPhelper app? Did you managed to get it working on your C550?

This post was really dead, I hope it is because everybody is getting it to work. (not because they've just given up).

Pedro

Guest kevinsephiroth
Same problem with AKU rom!

I hope there will be a solution!

++

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

didn't make the update cause some friends told me they couldn't unlock their phone anymore, and i don't need push to talk update (not available here in france) ....

got a C600 and everything works well (without sound nor possibility to save).

Guest f1nal

Hi there!

The program runs fine on my Qtek 8310. But the emulation is pretty slow. I think you won't get a decent speed without overclocking the device.

However I'm not very keen on OC my mobile phone ;)

cheers

Guest kevinsephiroth
Hi there!

The program runs fine on my Qtek 8310. But the emulation is pretty slow. I think you won't get a decent speed without overclocking the device.

However I'm not very keen on OC my mobile phone ;)

cheers

did you try omap overclock2.0 ? very usefull.

someone has been able to use helper thing cursor in place of fakecursor with morphgear?

i was wondering, do a pocket pc with QVGA res and WM5.0 with a intel xscale processor @ +-500MGhz capable of a better speed than a SPV C600 with a ti omap processor @ 195mhz (up to 276mhz) ? ? ?

Guest MTroni

Dear people,

I have been following this topic with a lot of interest. Altough I have a SPV c500 right now, I am planning to buy a new smartphone (C600 or the new Breeze) in a few months. This will mean I'll finally be able to play GBA titles on my smartphone :-)

However, I was wondering how and if great GBA titles like Advance Wars (1, 2), Metroid, etc. are running on smartphone right now?

Maybe we can compile a working titles list in this topic?

Cheers

Guest kevinsephiroth
Dear people,

I have been following this topic with a lot of interest. Altough I have a SPV c500 right now, I am planning to buy a new smartphone (C600 or the new Breeze) in a few months. This will mean I'll finally be able to play GBA titles on my smartphone :-)

However, I was wondering how and if great GBA titles like Advance Wars (1, 2), Metroid, etc. are running on smartphone right now?

Maybe we can compile a working titles list in this topic?

Cheers

i have updated my C600 orange rom to an imate sp5 aku 2 rom.

i must verify if the emu still works for me.