GBA Emulator: Playable and Doable!

Guest pedroms1

Guest akuma3d

Is anyone else having a problem changing the settings on Morph Gear?

This works on my T-mobile SDA, US edition. Works great, and looks great. But i'm trying to change buttons, and turn on sound in the settings (under VGBA). When i get into this menu, after changing everything, i can't get out of the menu, and end up having to close the app., which doesnt save the settings.

Should i try a different curso program. How is everyone else getting around this?

Guest kevinsephiroth
Is anyone else having a problem changing the settings on Morph Gear?

This works on my T-mobile SDA, US edition. Works great, and looks great. But i'm trying to change buttons, and turn on sound in the settings (under VGBA). When i get into this menu, after changing everything, i can't get out of the menu, and end up having to close the app., which doesnt save the settings.

Should i try a different curso program. How is everyone else getting around this?

yeah with fake cursor it doesn't seem to work somehow.

maybe with the new cursor (which i forgot the name, but is on this topic also).

Guest pedroms1

This happens because I can't seem to find a way to exit the settings screen, so I've asked if someone with a ppc could see it for me, as I dont have a ppc, but no one seems to try to do it... Until then, we will keep it this way...

Hoping someone will help us,

Pedro

Guest kevinsephiroth
This happens because I can't seem to find a way to exit the settings screen, so I've asked if someone with a ppc could see it for me, as I dont have a ppc, but no one seems to try to do it... Until then, we will keep it this way...

Hoping someone will help us,

Pedro

i think of a hardware button on Pocke PC which must be used for exiting the emu....

maybe someone could send a request on pocketPC boards, they must know and use morphgear and know how to exit the settings screen.

i think of edinting the key cfg file but...

Guest akuma3d

I'm sure someone has already thought of this, but i'm gona throw it out there anyway.

I don't think it's a hardware button, i think it's a window that pops up on a PPC, but we don't get the "X" to get out. What if we had a key setting program, to get past this menu option problem. The perfect example of this is with the PicoDrive emulator for smartphone. It comes with a Key edit program.

Check this out. http://www.gamesforsmartphones.co.uk/picodrive.shtml

Another option i've explored is looking around at the files, and seeing if i can change the values of them in the file, thru an txt edit program. But i have failed at finding the right file, so far.

just some thoughts.

Edited by akuma3d

Guest josh_lomas

hello dudes,

i have downloaded the file on the first post, and all it seems to be is a load of jpegs and a thing to change the .net framework.... so... how do you get the gba emulator up???

cheers

Guest راعي &#1

------- FAKECURSOR WILL LAUNCH AND CLOSE EVERYTIME YOUR PRESS THE IE BUTTON NOW! ------

I WANT TO DEFAULT THE BOTTON

PLZ HELP ME

I DONT WANT FAKECURSOR TO LAUNCH PZZZZZZZZ HEEEEEEELP

Guest pedroms1
------- FAKECURSOR WILL LAUNCH AND CLOSE EVERYTIME YOUR PRESS THE IE BUTTON NOW! ------

PLZ HELP ME

I DONT WANT FAKECURSOR TO LAUNCH PZZZZZZZZ HEEEEEEELP

Guest pedroms1

you need to go to the fake cursor topic, where there's explained how to reverse the process. you can find the link in the tutorial post.

Pedro

Guest راعي &#1

when i press the EXE in the phone its lanch but give me error ?????? :)

i have in MorphGear folder

Destiny.dll

gsgetfile.dll

Morph.dll

MorphEngine.dll

MorphGear.exe

MorphGearLogo.bmp

VGBA.dll

is there somthing wrong ?????????

i have SP5m

post-190508-1149231187_thumb.png

Edited by راعي الفتك 2005

Guest renek
when i press the EXE in the phone its lanch but give me error ?????? :)

i have in MorphGear folder

Destiny.dll

gsgetfile.dll

Morph.dll

MorphEngine.dll

MorphGear.exe

MorphGearLogo.bmp

VGBA.dll

is there somthing wrong ?????????

i have SP5m

I have the same problem with the Qtek 8310 flashed with the new I-mate ROM...

Guest Eminos

If you guys read this thred you would have seen that this is a common problem for the AKU2 updated phones. No solution yet, as far as I know.

/Eminos

Guest freshmaster17uk

hey for people trying to get this work on there c550 (without overclocking) i wuldnt bother :) i got it working but its very choppy i aint gonna try overclocking ill leave that to you guys. i copied the files over to my c550 onto my sd card name gba first off run morphgear then press home button... then go back to your sd card and run sphelper then click the right soft key (menu) then click on number 2 (windows manager) and just select morphgear then goto open and find your desired rom and click tadaa :) if u have any problems try putting your rom files into storage\my documents because for some reason i cant seem to go back from the first folder goodluck!.

Guest freshmaster17uk

only game i tested was final fantasy 4 didnt test any pokemon. sorry double post.

Edited by freshmaster17uk

• 5 weeks later...
Guest 111111

Hi pedroms1! Thx for good idea of using MorphGear on smartpones! :) I downloaded latest version MorphGear with plugin MaratGBA from offsite. All games well open and start! But one problem - games work VEEEEERY slowly! 2-3 fps max! (speed processor - 252Mh) What options need to be changed in the program that worked faster? Perhaps Framerate Skip, CPU Throttle or something...? Sergey

Guest pedroms1
Hi pedroms1! Thx for good idea of using MorphGear on smartpones! :) I downloaded latest version MorphGear with plugin MaratGBA from offsite. All games well open and start! But one problem - games work VEEEEERY slowly! 2-3 fps max! (speed processor - 252Mh) What options need to be changed in the program that worked faster? Perhaps Framerate Skip, CPU Throttle or something...? Sergey

Thanks a lol, I didn't know they have a new GBA module. Going to try it asa I can. (probably saturday, because of the finals). Hope we can do better with this one.

It should work kind of fine, but maybe this GBA module is a bit slower... but at least it works!

But, here is how I've done with the old one, to get best experience: It is in this post.

Now, if anyone can do it, try it, to be sure it plays in all phones. (hoping it works with the AKU2 update)

Pedro

Guest 111111

it works with the AKU2 update! On my SP5 with AKU2 update excellent work! But very slowly((( Yesterday i changed different options in the program and get maximum 8 fps! It's not good, look as slide-show!))

Can it's simple smartphone is short of frequency of the processor? Can it is necessary from 400Mh and is higher?

Guest pedroms1
it works with the AKU2 update! On my SP5 with AKU2 update excellent work! But very slowly((( Yesterday i changed different options in the program and get maximum 8 fps! It's not good, look as slide-show!))

Can it's simple smartphone is short of frequency of the processor? Can it is necessary from 400Mh and is higher?

Yes, it is. That's why its necessary all this things to mae it work as it should on a smartphone. I havent tried this one yet, but if tehere is any sound, turn it off. Then, follow the instructions in that post. ((This one)). Hope it helps.

Pedro

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RealUnrealwolf

It works on Qtek 8200 (C550), SPhelper is much better then FakeCursor (you can change controls and other settings), but still unplayable - to many lags and to sssllllooowww... Why any programmers dont want to write fast emulator especialy for smartphones? And why they dont want to write a Symbian emulator :D ???