RealPlayer One on Wizard (Streaming Audio)

Guest koniosis

Guest koniosis

Hi all,

I've search through the forums and found lots of topics on Installing real player on WM5 devices. I actually found that just running the installer for version 1.1 works fine on my HTC Wizard (T-Mobile MDA Vario) with latest Firmware and ActiveSync 4.1. I have full access to all the menus and everything so it's all good.

The only problem is I can't stream any audio files. I'm trying to get BBC Radio to work, both live and play-again. There doesn't seem to be any topics on streaming or at least everyone says 'it just works'. Whenever I try to load a file from the BBC radio site I get "Error: Reponse or data from server timed out" does anyone else get this, is there a way to make it work? If I look at the clip info from the file menu all the details looks great.

I can play files that are downloaded to the device, but I don't think there is a way to download the BBCs play again audio? And I know this is a long shot, but is there an PIE plugin for real player?

Sorry If this has already been covered, I did have a good dig around the forums.

Thanks!

Koni

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sproull777
Hi all,

I've search through the forums and found lots of topics on Installing real player on WM5 devices. I actually found that just running the installer for version 1.1 works fine on my HTC Wizard (T-Mobile MDA Vario) with latest Firmware and ActiveSync 4.1. I have full access to all the menus and everything so it's all good.

The only problem is I can't stream any audio files. I'm trying to get BBC Radio to work, both live and play-again. There doesn't seem to be any topics on streaming or at least everyone says 'it just works'. Whenever I try to load a file from the BBC radio site I get "Error: Reponse or data from server timed out" does anyone else get this, is there a way to make it work? If I look at the clip info from the file menu all the details looks great.

I can play files that are downloaded to the device, but I don't think there is a way to download the BBCs play again audio? And I know this is a long shot, but is there an PIE plugin for real player?

Sorry If this has already been covered, I did have a good dig around the forums.

Thanks!

Koni

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just purchased the MDA from T-mobile. Finally able to get Realplayer mobile for Pocket PC v1.1 Preview Release working.

-Download the .exe from the website to your desktop

-Double-click on the .exe

-Do not click next, instead go to Start->Run-> and type %TMP% go to the folder ~rn_setup and pull the .cab file out of the directory.

-Copy the .cab to the MDA

-Double click on the .cab file using File Explorer on the MDA and it will install the app

Hope that helps,

todd

• 2 weeks later...
I just purchased the MDA from T-mobile.  Finally able to get Realplayer mobile for Pocket PC v1.1 Preview Release working.

-Download the .exe from the website to your desktop

-Double-click on the .exe

-Do not click next, instead go to Start->Run-> and type %TMP% go to the folder ~rn_setup and pull the .cab file out of the directory. 

-Copy the .cab to the MDA

-Double click on the .cab file using File Explorer on the MDA and it will install the app

Hope that helps,

todd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, sproull777

Good advise, worked for me - ASUS 636, WM5

Guest hicks

On my vario I browse to the page on the BBC site where the stream is, dismiss the realplayer error, then click the "open in realplayer" link. It then streams nicely ;)

Guest daftveggie

I just have copies of the live links saved in my documents

open file in real player, streams like a dream.

Only issue is that realplayer won't force GRPS connection like PIE does, you might have to do that.

There might also be the usual problem with any connectivity on the vario whereby you have to specify in 19 different places exactly what connection you are using, The Internet or Work network

If you're streaming over GPRS set everything to The Internet

if Wifi then Work

Guest breezy69

Just bookmark Radiofeeds and it should autmatically see that you are on a PDA. The site has links to loads of stations and I have never had a problem with it. Just click on the relevant link and you will get streaming audio.

Guest cthulhu
It's data hungry so be careful.

14Mb ish per hour on the radio 1 live stream

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dead Right! About 1Mb in 5mins on Radio 5 Live.

Can't get it to stream when connected thru the desktop PC though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest bengo
Has anyone managed to get the "Listen Again" streams to work?

i can get them to work on wifi, but over gprs i get "response or data from server timed out".

i can get radio oxford to stream over gprs, but i cannot get radio 4 to stream over gprs.

really annoying, anyone else got listen again to work over GPRS not wifi?

• 7 months later...