• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

MDA Crashing!

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey Everyone,

I just got my TMO MDA a few days ago...

There are several times where i'm launching an application, or have an application open and just make a phone call, and everything locks on the screen and the device gets extremely slow.

since i purchased it, i've had to remove the battery to reboot it daily...

is there something i can check to see what's going on? is this happening with all MDA's?

do i have a faulty device? should i go swap it before my 14 days expire?

-mike

Posted · Report post

Hey Everyone,

There are several times where i'm launching an application, or have an application open and just make a phone call, and everything locks on the screen and the device gets extremely slow.

is there something i can check to see what's going on? is this happening with all MDA's?

-mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've found it performs better if you shut down all open applications properly from the memory/running applications tab. You'll be surprised whats running in the background slowing you down. If doing this regularly doesn't help then you might want to think about swapping it.

Posted · Report post

As the device only includes 64meg ram this means it'd run out of resources quicker then most Pocket PCs with the full 128meg of ram...

As chalkie14 says, ensure you close programs after using them (I believe the task manager is in Start / Settings / System / Memory)

Posted · Report post

Did you know that you don't have to remove the battery in order to reboot the machine? Just put the stylus tip in the hole next to the headphone slot on the bottom of your mda in order to do a soft reset. But maybe you already tried that and didn't work (which I would think could be a sign of a bigger problem than just memory overload). Just thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know...

Posted · Report post

Hey Everyone,

-mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you let all the T-Mobile Extended ROM crap install?