PicoDrive 0.52 an updated version for PocketPC/SmartPhone

Guest masterall

Guest kamuell

ok i fixed ONE issue....

i was right - if you only have one saved state, tgetfile can't "see it".... Benton, go and create a second saved state and see if, by toggling betwee them you can get the file to "show" in the filename bar..... see if that helps.

i got mine to load now....

but it doesn't help that whatever saved state i have (in Shining Force I) has the game frozen... no key stroke seems to fix.

Guest solo118

I had all my roms in my regular storage on the phone, everything worked fine when going through total commander.... I tried clearing up some space so I moved all my ROMS into my storage device (made a folder in my documents) and now when i open picodrive (through total commander) all of the roms are gone and I cant locate them either.... any help here?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest justify73

I have a Palm TREO 700wx, and I'm not able to reduce the size of the image on the screen. When I choose any display option and click "OK", the screen remains the same. I'm not able to switch to landscape, full mode, anything.

Any ideas? I just got this phone and its my first SP, so I'm somewhat new at all this.

Guest lexluthor5

I just discovered PicoDrive and it looks great so far.

Can someone suggest a good keyboard mapping for PicoDrive for the Q (QVGA, Landscape Left)?

Is it better to use 3 button or 6 button emulation? I'm all for simplicity, so maybe I'll go with 3 buttons.

Please let me know what setup you think works best.

Thanks!

Guest Tarog Star

I have an Axim x30 running windows mobile 2003 SE, and yet after downloading(twice) it simply says "'PicoDrive' is not a valid Pocket PC application" when I try to open the program. I also tried to open it on my PC, where is says it is not a win32 application either... Is this only for certain pocket PCs? or only for smartphones? PicoDrive 0.30 runs, however it doesn't open the game that I had hoped (Shining Force II) and I was hoping that this newer version would be able to do so.... Is there something else that I am missing? If the source code is available, perhaps I could try compiling it myself?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest raidraid

Is the development of this emu stopped? There weren't any updates about 3 months.

BTW here's a bug with Phantasy Star 3 - you can't see the menu panel in fighting mode.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest medetron

i too would like to know if there is going to be an update soon? like stated before its been 3 months and nothing. i notice the pocketsnes got an update not too long ago i guess you was working on that. any update would be helpful keep up the great work btw

Guest mikeeey
i too would like to know if there is going to be an update soon? like stated before its been 3 months and nothing. i notice the pocketsnes got an update not too long ago i guess you was working on that. any update would be helpful keep up the great work btw

last time pocketsnes was updated was a long LONG time ago (1 year and 9 days). last time this was updated was a few months ago. last i heard from masterall was he was working on his gba emulator and when hes finished with that hel go back to fixing up pocketsnes some more.

did u mistakenly look at the last time he updated it thinking it said march March 6, 2007? no it was March 6, 2006 that he last updated it.

Edited by mikeeey

• 1 month later...
Guest drutort

it seems that at least on my gigabyte gsmart i300 the hardware and even the touchscreen lag everything bad, the only thing that doesnt lag that bad are the directional buttons, and the hardware buttons that i do setup lag or dont work at times at all, not sure why but its pretty bad i used other emu's and the touchscreen had no issues at all with the taping and worked perfectly, but the hardware key maping is by config :rolleyes: )

Guest mikeeey

hey masterall i have noticed something with picodrive. it does not play .bin files. and i have noticed a good amount of sega genesis games are .bin format. could you look into this? it's a great emulator as it is so far. keep up the good work!

edit: ok i relized it was certian types of bin files. i was trying sonic 3d blast and the application exited

Edited by mikeeey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tberman333

I got PicoDrive on my Motorola Q and it is working fine... The only problem is, I don't know how to make my games bin files. I found a bin a NHL 94 somewhere and that is the only game I am able to use... SO I have two questions:

1. Can PicoDrive play any other type of file besides a bin file? If so, how do you set that up?

2. If not, does anyone know where I can get Sonic the Hedgehog as a bin file?

Thanks for the help!

Guest stripeycat

I've been trying to setup the display and key options on my Palm, but i can't seem to scroll either with the scrollbars or using the touchscreen...? my display is 240x240 so it looks great, the games are just showing up as a bit too wide for the screen. Is there something i'm missing?

Guest repuken2
I got PicoDrive on my Motorola Q and it is working fine... The only problem is, I don't know how to make my games bin files. I found a bin a NHL 94 somewhere and that is the only game I am able to use... SO I have two questions:

1. Can PicoDrive play any other type of file besides a bin file? If so, how do you set that up?

2. If not, does anyone know where I can get Sonic the Hedgehog as a bin file?

Thanks for the help!

Rename your files ".gen",".rom", etc to ".bin" . They should work fine.

Guest mikeeey
Rename your files ".gen",".rom", etc to ".bin" . They should work fine.

wow hey thanks i had some games that were .bin files that never worked before so when i re-named them to .smd files it fixed it.

sonic3Dblast.smd now works! =)

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Zeus23

I know I am a SUPER NOOB but can someone give me a decent website to download free roms? I downloaded PICODRIVE, but I dont have anyroms... Btw i have a POCKET PC 6700

Guest JonathanSK
I've been trying to setup the display and key options on my Palm, but i can't seem to scroll either with the scrollbars or using the touchscreen...? my display is 240x240 so it looks great, the games are just showing up as a bit too wide for the screen. Is there something i'm missing?

Same issue here. Is there a forum for posting requested changes? I'd be awesome if 240x240 was supported; I know it is for some emulators...

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Matt Graham

It's very nice but I notice that some games run too fast. For example Sonic 2 runs too fast. However Sonic 1 and Virtual Pinball run at the right speed. I've limited the FPS to the default of 60 but it doesn't slow. 50 makes it about right but the graphics become a little choppy. I find that Genesis Plus works better. It's a little slower, but it supports a couple more things like 2 player mode in Sonic 2 (of course nobody plays split screen games on a PPC but...) and the onscreen buttons take up no space and there are more of them. Of course it's only version 0.52 so it's not perfect. I expect it to dominate some day, but for now Genesis Plus is for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bxhitman21

Ok guys, I want to start off by saying that im a noob when it comes to emulators on PDA so please forgive my dumbness. My brother recently gave me a pda since my old one didnt have a PDF reader for a school book im reading (MCP 70-290 book). So I find out I have an ARMS processor Cassiopeia E-200 PDA and im got the NES one working but im having a hard time with the PICODRIVE. I got version 0.30 working but it seems im stuck on just that one with no sound. I have it installed in my SD card and im trying the latest versions but nothing. Can anyone tell me where im screwing up. I really dont know where to start with this and the tgetfile.dll file. Sorry if i manage to piss anyone off. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest mikeeey

i have wm6 on my t-mobile sda, and now im experiancing the problem where i open a rom and hte program exits. i think its just not compatible with wm6?