Tornado PowerControl

Guest merwin

Guest Spiderman1975
The notification icons only show up when you are not in the homescreen... that might be why you are not seeing it all the time.

I know it, but I don't see the icon also when I'm not in the homescreen.... to solve the problem I have to reboot the phone.... <_<

Edited by Spiderman1975

Guest merwin
I know it, but I don't see the icon also when I'm not in the homescreen.... to solve the problem I have to reboot the phone.... <_<

And you have the icon turned on in the settings? Also, what version are you using? (What does it say in the About menu)

Hi Merwin!

It's nothong left to ask for!

Perfect job! ;)

Just change Exit on left button to Done (minimize) and move Exit into menu, it was always a bit confusing.

Time to make it commercial. :)

BR Corax

Edited by Corax

Guest Spiderman1975
And you have the icon turned on in the settings? Also, what version are you using? (What does it say in the About menu)

Yes, icon turned on! Version 2.0 Beta4 on Qtek 8310 latest firmware. It could be an interference with Smartfilter... After reboot today it's Ok. If the icon desappears, I'll inform you :)

I've seen another problem: it's difficult to sinchronize with Activesync 4.2 when the program is active with "autocpu". If I quit the program, Activesync will work perfectly ;)

Guest merwin
Hi Merwin!

It's nothong left to ask for!

Perfect job! ;)

Just change Exit on left button to Done (minimize) and move Exit into menu, it was always a bit confusing.

Time to make it commercial. :)

BR Corax

Good idea (the exit button change, not the commercial product). I will add that for the final 2.0 release.

I'm also going to extend support to the HTC Wizard phones... at least for the CPU clocking features.

Guest eole73
Yes, icon turned on! Version 2.0 Beta4 on Qtek 8310 latest firmware. It could be an interference with Smartfilter... After reboot today it's Ok. If the icon desappears, I'll inform you :)

I've seen another problem: it's difficult to sinchronize with Activesync 4.2 when the program is active with "autocpu". If I quit the program, Activesync will work perfectly ;)

Hi, The program works perfectly, except for divx videos. For some videos scenes where cpu is needed, tornado is not able to detect it in time. My settings are low 180, fast 204 and ultrafast 228.

The video runs perfectly well at 204 mhz fixed value.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest svtmook

can someone please explain the "power_on.ink, power_backlight.ink and power_useridle.ink"?

i just installed this app, and the readme says to create files in the same folder as tpc.exe (/programs/tpc/ ). there are folders with these names there already.

now, here in the thread, it says to create shortcuts. what am i to link these shortcuts to?

Guest merwin
can someone please explain the "power_on.ink, power_backlight.ink and power_useridle.ink"?

i just installed this app, and the readme says to create files in the same folder as tpc.exe (/programs/tpc/ ). there are folders with these names there already.

now, here in the thread, it says to create shortcuts. what am i to link these shortcuts to?

The files that are there right now are just empty placeholders. You only need to replace them with real links if you want an application to run when the power event changes to a certain status. Most people won't use that.

Guest mychal

Several times a .txt file is referred to when folks ask installation and config questions. Where can I find this? I only see a .cab in the download. Can I install TPC to my mini-SD card or does it have to go in main memory? In what order do I install the Compact Framework, TPC, and OMAP clock? How do I set them all up?

Thanks.

Guest sunoke

I've installed this program on my HTC Star Trek and it works great. I mainly use it to automatically set my cpuspeed so I can enjoy my a2dp headphones with a bitpool of 58 and no joint stereo instead of just 30 and joint stereo.

I've got a request though: could you make the cpu speed indicator in the same style as the icons in the top bar (white, flat, maybe with bars just like the battery and signal strength indicators)? Now it looks kind of out of place.

Thanks

Guest merwin
Several times a .txt file is referred to when folks ask installation and config questions. Where can I find this? I only see a .cab in the download. Can I install TPC to my mini-SD card or does it have to go in main memory? In what order do I install the Compact Framework, TPC, and OMAP clock? How do I set them all up?

Thanks.

You only have to install Compact Framework and then TPC. You can install both Compact Framework as well sa TPC wherever you want to.

Once installed, there's a config menu in the program.

Edited by merwin

Guest merwin
I've installed this program on my HTC Star Trek and it works great. I mainly use it to automatically set my cpuspeed so I can enjoy my a2dp headphones with a bitpool of 58 and no joint stereo instead of just 30 and joint stereo.

I've got a request though: could you make the cpu speed indicator in the same style as the icons in the top bar (white, flat, maybe with bars just like the battery and signal strength indicators)? Now it looks kind of out of place.

Thanks

Honestly, I'm not a graphics guy, so I'm not spending much time at all on the graphics. If someone volunteers to make the icons (I think there's like 11 of them), I'd be happy to put them in.

Guest Qtek8310

Merwin, this is a super application! My big compliments!

It saves power when phone is not in use, and gives optimal performance when needed!

For those who want to set the automatic clock speeds to a personalized level, i found out this trick:

1. First set the clockspeed to automatic.
  2. Open a registry editor. (TPC can keep running)
  3. Go to HKLM\Software\TornadoPowerControl
  4. There you see CPUAuto1, 2 and 3. 1 for idle speed, 2 for normal speed, 3 for fast speed.
  5. Change the Values to the desired clockspeed.
  6. Now restart phone, open a program that use much processor capacity, and open TPC.
  7. You will see the changed clockspeeds displayed.
I set mine to 150, 240 and 260. When I tried 275, phone rebooted sometimes. This seems to be stable.

Guest Wombleuk

Just uninstalled TPC on my 8310, because everytime it went into idle mode, it disconnected activesync.

Is this because the idle clock speed is too slow ?

Guest merwin
Just uninstalled TPC on my 8310, because everytime it went into idle mode, it disconnected activesync.

Is this because the idle clock speed is too slow ?

If you underclock the device, there is a potential that ActiveSync will disconnect when going into useridle mode. Most likely because the CPU is going too slow when in power saving mode.

Do you have it on Auto CPU, or Manual CPU? If it is on Manuel CPU, try it at 180MHz, and if it's on Auto CPU then go into the CPU settings and make sure none of the values are below 180MHz. That will test to see if it's because of underclocking.

Guest jhhicks

When I start up the program I'm getting an error. (Cingular 2125)

Initialization failed.

Reason: Can't map I/O

Any ideas?

Edited by jhhicks

When I start up the program I'm getting an error. (Cingular 2125)

Initialization failed.

Reason: Can't map I/O

Any ideas?

Yes, you need to fully app unlock your phone.

Use a registry editor and go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies and add a new DWORD Value of:

0000101b

With the value data of:

That should fully unlock your phone to allow you to use it (after a reboot of course)

Guest Wombleuk
If you underclock the device, there is a potential that ActiveSync will disconnect when going into useridle mode. Most likely because the CPU is going too slow when in power saving mode.

Do you have it on Auto CPU, or Manual CPU? If it is on Manuel CPU, try it at 180MHz, and if it's on Auto CPU then go into the CPU settings and make sure none of the values are below 180MHz. That will test to see if it's because of underclocking.

OK tried that, set it on auto with the settings at 180, 204 and 228 and it still disconnected.

OK tried that, set it on auto with the settings at 180, 204 and 228 and it still disconnected.

My install dvd for visual studio got trashed recently, so I'm without a copy until I can pick up a replacement DVD. Once I can get it reinstalled, I'll do some research into this.

Guest Wombleuk
My install dvd for visual studio got trashed recently, so I'm without a copy until I can pick up a replacement DVD. Once I can get it reinstalled, I'll do some research into this.

Interestingly enough, I plugged it in at work today (been off for a week) and it didn't disconnect.

Same version of AS, but it's Windows 2000 whereas mine is XP sp2.

Guest jhhicks
Yes, you need to fully app unlock your phone.

Use a registry editor and go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies and add a new DWORD Value of:

0000101b

With the value data of:

That should fully unlock your phone to allow you to use it (after a reboot of course)

I did the walk through here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=235408&st=0 before I used this program. Then, I tried your reg edit, still not working :D

if you want more (or less) speed than 228

just use regeditSTG.exe to edit ..TornadoPowerControl registry

1.HKEY_LOCAL_MAC..

2.SOFTWARE

3.tornadoPowerCont..(push:Values)

then you are free to change your speed values from the registry(CPUSpeed,CPUAuto1..2..3) Thats it!

Edited by kniva

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.