Orange SPV C600 AKU2 Update Released

Guest eelco_akker

Guest Funster

That's fantastic, I'll give it a go this evening. I may also give fasthosts a go on their 30 day trial of Livemail Pro to see if the push email features work.

Nice one Eelco.

Happy, happy..... ;)

Guest ElGato65

Just a heads up, seems the rumours were true, they have changed the certificate so that signed restistry editor no longer works. Will have to find another way to app unlock the phone.

Guest eelco_akker

Running it @ Qtek 8310 at the moment, runs fine.

- Wifi works

- Comm Manager buttons goto favorites

- Contact & Mail buttons do not work

Will test PushMail this afternoon

Guest ElGato65
Running it @ Qtek 8310 at the moment, runs fine.

- Wifi works

- Comm Manager buttons goto favorites

- Contact & Mail buttons do not work

Will test PushMail this afternoon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers, just loading it onto C600 now. Nows a good time to start convincing my boss we need Exchange Server 2003 with the MSFP installed.

Guest Funster

Has anyone read the readme.doc? I tried, but I get an error saying it's not there, I looked in the directory where the files were extracted to and I can't see it.

Cheers

Funster

interestin - wish they did it for the C500 too! i guess later on they will start chargin after their "new and improved" (not) plans are released

Guest ElGato65
TomTom still does work on mine.

What does not work ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brings up the map screen and then appears to freeze, can exit using end call button but then pgone is unresponsive, have to reboot to work again. I haven't yet paired with my receiver so don't know if that is causing the issue. Strange one if it is.

Guest ElGato65
Brings up the map screen and then appears to freeze, can exit using end call button but then pgone is unresponsive, have to reboot to work again. I haven't yet paired with my receiver so don't know if that is causing the issue. Strange one if it is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, my bad, ;), was to impatient with it. It is in fact working OK. :roll:

Guest creamhackered

Anyone confirm you can unlock the device using the Orange developers thing?

Also, anyone successfully upgraded from the iMate test ROM to this ROM?

Edited by creamhackered

Guest ElGato65
Anyone confirm you can unlock the device using the Orange developers thing?

Also, anyone successfully upgraded from the iMate test ROM to this ROM?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ooh, that's an idea, will try that.

I succefully downgraded from the i-mate test ROM to the latest final i-mate ROM, and then up to this one. Don't see why you couldn't go straight up to this new Orange one. My phone was fully app and SIM unlocked though.

Edited by ElGato65

Guest creamhackered
Ooh, that's an idea, will try that.

I succefully downgraded from the i-mate test ROM to the latest final i-mate ROM, and then up to this one. Don't see why you couldn't go straight up to this new Orange one. My phone was fully app and SIM unlocked though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How comes you had to downgrade, did you just run the normal .exe ROMs? I take it you changed the ID on the phone too to allow you to flash any ROM?

Guest Harroguk

I would just like someone to confirm for me that the releaase of this ROM means that I can now check out the imate ROM's but if it all went pear shaped I would be able to return to an official orange ROM

Guest ElGato65
How comes you had to downgrade, did you just run the normal .exe ROMs? I take it you changed the ID on the phone too to allow you to flash any ROM?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hindsight would suggest I didn't need to, I thought TomTom wasn't working but had same experience with this ROM, seems I was too impatient and thought the app had froze.

Yes I just ran the normal .exe ROM updates.

I got my phone unlocked @ imei-check.co.uk, not a popular choice I know but it has never failed me so for hassle free ROM loading it was worth the £20 in my opinion.

Couldn't app unlock @ orange developer sight. Invalid IMEI !!!

Edited by ElGato65

Guest ElGato65
I'm assuming A2DP isn't in there!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excuse my ignorance, but how would i tell, :oops: Not something that interested me.