How similar is the Charmer & Prophet? Well..

Guest dave106

Guest dave106

Very in fact! Ive got an unbranded Prophet OS installed on my MDAC2, leaving me with a totally unmolested, T-Mobile free ROM and hopefully all the missing SDIO functions. Only problem is the camera is different on the Prophet, so the stuff to run the charmers camera isnt present, so something to look into there. Interesting to see the charmers sort of an early version of the prophet. bit like the hurricane and tornado phones.

No asking me for files or how-to though! forum rules!

Guest Paul [MVP]

Very interesting indeed that that worked, and a sign that maybe AKU2 can be got-working on Charmer in case T-Mob don't release it!

Have you tried installing the Camera CAB from the Charmer EXT-ROM?

You say how you did it, just not post any files (or links to files) ;)

My rules ;)

P

Guest dave106

unfortunately theres nothing in the mdac2 ext rom that has any camera files. it all seems to be intergrated into the rom. With the nk.nbf files that comes in install packages, you extract the OS portion only or get a copy of it downloaded from a prophet, and upload that. this means that the radio and bootloader remain untouched. though i did read that someone just when ahead and installed the jamin factory rom straight off, radio, OS, bootloader and everything etc and it worked though i didnt wanna risk that.

Edited by dave106

Guest Pondrew

Not entirely surprised. Knew they had the same processor at the same speed. Only differences I'm sure about are the wifi and 2megapixel camera (which I spose explains the camera problem - different camera hardware).

Think I'll hold off doing this until I'm sure I won't lose functionality.

I'm hoping for a new T-Mobile Compact II rom any time. After all, it's gotta be a good sign that the T-Mobile Download Manager is back up for all devices...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fUNKUS

Hehe im checking the download manager every 10 minutes at the mo will post as soon as it arrives.... if they fix wifi and aku2 ill be so happy -> feels like my first real test of t-mobile's customer support (having just left orange)

hope i wont be putting my contract renewal date in my calendar as 'Go chat to Orange'. hehe

Just remembered: I'd love to do a physical comarison to a prophet, if i can get prophet photos / data ill post those i have of the charmer with diagrams. Ill wait to see if the moderators mind this fist, it might be against the forum rules.

Edited by fUNKUS