Orange SPV M600 hit the shelves?

Guest Brody

Guest Brody

Orange have informed me that the Orange SPV M600 will hit the shelves in the next couple of days if it is not there already!

I'm guessing that this means that if you live near a major Orange retail store then you might be in luck, what's more the phone can be bought for free on certain pay monthly tariffs!

Guest fraktal
Orange have informed me that the Orange SPV M600 will hit the shelves in the next couple of days

Source: www.MSMobileNews.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damnit! I just ordered an M500 yesterday! Gnrgnrgnrgnrgnrgnrgnrgnrgnr...

Edited by fraktal

Guest Webreaper

Just called Orange, and they have no knowledge of this. Anyone know any more details?

I was just about to cancel with Orange and go for an XDA Mini S, but if the M600 is available next week, then I may go for that instead...

(although I'm still unsure whether the XDA mini might be better with the keyboard...)

Guest carlosp_uk

I have also spoken to Orange today (due an upgrade) and they have given me the following dates for the M600:

1/4/06 - Available for new connections.

1/5/06 - Available for upgrades.

Guest Webreaper

LOL. I spoke to Orange upgrades and the Orange Store (Prince's St Edinburgh) today, and was told that no dates were available....

Well, at least that makes my decision between the XDA Mini and the M600 easy, as there's no way I'm waiting 6 weeks for the M600. ;)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
I have also spoken to Orange today (due an upgrade) and they have given me the following dates for the M600:

1/4/06 - Available for new connections.

1/5/06 - Available for upgrades.

I find it extremely unlikely Orange would release it on new connections before upgrades, if its available its available!

I find it extremely unlikely Orange would release it on new connections before upgrades, if its available its available!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just got off the phone to reconfirm when I am due an upgrade... JUNE!... but he said I could upgrade now without incurring a penalty too... (I'm a heavy user)...

he was also kind enough to tell me that the M600 is under review still but had an official launch date set for the end of March. Unlikely now but he thought it should be out for the second week in April...

I'll be waiting.

;)

Guest pisquee

Past experince has shown they releae this type of phone to business first corporate, then small business, and finally personal custiomers ... and have often released to new customers before upgrades.

I checked this morning and the M600 was not showing on the orange shop websites for corporate, small business or personal.

Guest Helix

Isn't even listed on the comming soon section. That Nokia 6280 has been there for atleast a month already so I would'nt keep your hopes up too much.

Guest Webreaper

Well, after having realised that I'd confused myself about the spec of the M600, and now I realise the Prophet is a 200Mhz chip (i.e., the same as the Wizard's CPU - not the 400Mhz chip I'd thought was in the Prophet) it's made my decision easy. M600 doesn't sound such a good device for me after all...

Guest fluffcat1
I can confirm this should be available shortly...probably Monday.

Source? Or just grandstanding?.....

Richard

( Who can exclusively confirm that orange will reveal they will be announcing the release of some new phones sometime in the future ;) )

Guest peterjones
well it's monday, anybody heard anything?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just phoned orange upgrades, and they inform me the m600 will hopefully be available this month, but it may be the end of april.

Guest Webreaper

So basically nobody (including Orange) actually has the feintest clue when the M600 will hit the shops.

all the posts in this thread>

;)

Guest pbird49
well it's monday, anybody heard anything?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just went into the Orange shop on The Strand and asked a very bored looking guy, slumped over the cash till, if he had a release date for the M600. His response, 'I ain't even heard of it'.

Thanks very much. Orange customer service 10/10.

Guest pisquee

This sucks, I am at upgrade time and eagerly awaiting to move from M500 to M600, and was hoping it would be out before I leave the country again, but i guess i am out of luck.

Guest Pondrew

Went into the Orange shop myself during lunch and was impressed that they actually knew about the device BUT not due out for a month or so they say.

Topic title edited so as to not mislead...

Guest Webreaper

That's probably fairly standard. The guy I spoke to in Edinburgh's Ocean Terminal store knew all about it, and when I said "do you know when it's available?" he replied, "ah, well - that's the million-dollar question at the moment!". 8)

The person I spoke to on the phone in the Prince's Street store also knew about the phone (but was totally in the dark as to its release date).

I suspect most savvy Orange staff know about the M600 and are aware there's a replacement due, but there's bound to be a few who don't know.

Irrelevant for me now anyway - ordered my XDA Mini S earlier today. ;)

Edited by Webreaper

Guest Gears

I had this same note from Orange, however it's not even in the "Coming Soon" section on the Orange.co.uk shop, so I'm gonna hold off until I see hard evidence that it's available.

That's probably fairly standard. The guy I spoke to in Edinburgh's Ocean Terminal store knew all about it, and when I said "do you know when it's available?" he replied, "ah, well - that's the million-dollar question at the moment!".  8)

The person I spoke to on the phone in the Prince's Street store also knew about the phone (but was totally in the dark as to its release date).

I suspect most savvy Orange staff know about the M600 and are aware there's a replacement due, but there's bound to be a few who don't know.

Irrelevant for me now anyway - ordered my XDA Mini S earlier today.  ;)

Guest Swampie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's certainly been a common thing for Orange in the past.

Whether they officially put it that way, the list of phones available for upgrade has always been less than those available to new customers, especially if you look at which are in stock. Can anyone explain that Orange's online shop shows certain handsets in stock (for new customers), yet when you go to the upgrade section of the site, either the handset isn't there at all, or more likely, it's available, but just out of stock (and remains out of stock for weeks, whilst new customers get the handset the next day).

Oh, and wonder why I left Orange. ;)

Guest Webreaper

LOL. Everyone here seems so intent on slagging Orange. You think they're really that bad? Have none of you ever tried Vodafone? ;) ;)

Guest pisquee

Even since the original SPV, Orange UK has never lived up to the initial rumoured release dates on any of the SPV range. This one is no different.

Guest Alsicole
LOL. Everyone here seems so intent on slagging Orange. You think they're really that bad? Have none of you ever tried Vodafone? ;)  ;)

Yes, but only for a year and now I'm with T-Mobile. Nuff said.

Guest Paul [MVP]

It was I who asked our Orange press contact about the availability, Orange replied (and copied in Gears and Brody it seems).

I didn't post the response because, well, I am a little sceptical ;)

P