wmp10 mobile skins broblem

Guest nitramk

Guest nitramk

hmm, im a bit confused. I installed a theme where a wmp skin was included but when i start the wmp and changes the skin to the new one the result only is a blac screen where the player use to be. I have also tested with some standalone skins with the same result. One thing i also have niticed is that in the skin selector there are no previews of the downloaded skins but it is for the standard skin. May it bee so that the wmp cant find the bitmaps?

Please someone give me a detailed description of how to get this woking.

Thanks,

Martin

• 2 months later...
Guest theyell4
hmm, im a bit confused. I installed a theme where a wmp skin was included but when i start the wmp and changes the skin to the new one the result only is a blac screen where the player use to be. I have also tested with some standalone skins with the same result. One thing i also have niticed is that in the skin selector there are no previews of the downloaded skins but it is for the standard skin. May it bee so that the wmp cant find the bitmaps?

Please someone give me a detailed description of how to get this woking.

Thanks,

Martin

most likely problem is that the background image file isnt there, or else it has the wrong extension, or else, the screen dimensions are all set wrong in the .skn file.

If i were you, download a notepad style program for your phone and open up the .skn files in it.

check that the specified bitmaps or gif's or jpg's are there and are named correctly in the .skn file.

then check the dimensions specified at the start of the .skn file.

i have found, for my SPV C550 that the dimensions 240 x 320 at 96 dpi usually make the skin appear and work properly.

if this doesnt help, upload the files and i'l have a look for you.

www.jonbevan.me.uk

click Downloads for some WMP Skins!

Guest w411y

Where did you get the skins from? Got a link?

They may have been designed for WM5.... if that is the case then the paths to the image files will be wrong in the .skn file.

Also this tends to work on my C550...

[Pocket WMP Skin File v9.0.1]

[ Description ]

// <X,Y> <DPI>

// ------ -----

Dimensions 240, 320 131

// <Orientation>

// -------------

Orientation Portrait