WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest bilbo_b

i Have also a HTC Prophet (XDA Neo). With Version 1.8 i have the same problem. Some times, it works. Sometimes i work under Windows, there the drive is writeable all the time. the first time as i encounter this problem, was, as i unplugged the phone, without to savely unmount it under windows. than i had the same errors. plug in under windows and savely remove it, solves the problem. now there is the problem again, without, that the above trick works... very bad.

i think with the offical version befor i do not have this problem. i use xubuntu 7.10 (a Ubuntu derivate)

another problem is the XDA Cosmo (HTC S620) of my girlfriend. WM5torage cant be activated here. I would be wonderful, if you can get it to work for this phone...

Guest doberman

hy

i have an htc touch cruise with wm6

i realy need this app (i don't have rights to install app on my job notebook - i can connect only mass storage device such usb flash stik)

i install wm5torage, it works but when i click on mass-storage icon in file explorer a message that say i need to format device apears. but after i start format it say that it can format device :) (same problem on my home vista pc)

i think i try all the combination settings from wm5torage

pls help mee

thx!

ps

i try too card export II but this app not disply mass storage on my windows explorer

Edited by doberman

Guest pash7ka
when i click on mass-storage icon in file explorer a message that say i need to format device apears. but after i start format it say that it can format device :)

It seems to be the same problem as with HTC TyTN II. Although CardExportII works for me on Kaizer.

Guest pash7ka
what is Kaiser?

It is unofficial name of HTC TyTN II, which HTC used on development stage.

Also, you can try WM5torage on your Touch Cruise with Linux. It worked fine with Ubuntu 6.06 on my TyTN II.

Hi, great work.

Feature request: implement a full read mode that allows to share card with pda.

I have a htc touch and I want to use it with my car stereo trought usb connection. The usb emulator allows me to charge the mp3, but I want to use TomTom Navigator (only read in usb mode and full access to pda apps).

When I compare Card Export and WM5torage, WM5torage is faster than Card Export in the car stereo.

Thank you, and sorry for my english X-)

Guest gadgetgaz
It seems to be the same problem as with HTC TyTN II. Although CardExportII works for me on Kaizer.

I have enjoyed the use for quite some time of wm5torage on my Orange SPV M3100 (Hermes, TyTn). Now I have bought a HTC Touch Cruise and can't get it to work.

Nearly every time it says that it cannot switch to mass storage mode with the error code 1f. This is even after a soft reset.

On two occasions it did manage to enter mass storage mode but my XP PC wouldn't read the card. It assign it a drive letter but wouldn't read it. After a while the PC said I must insert a volume in drive G:

The Touch Cruise is WM6.0 and I use wm5torage version 1.8

I think I have tried every conceivable option in the program.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Please help HTC Cruise users!

thanks a lot :)

did u try the same good old tip every other WM6 HTC users are using before crying and spamming ? if not read the thread

Guest zoharek

Hi, i need your help. I've had a Qtek 9100 some time ago (a few years), and WM5torage worked like magic. Now i have an Eten G500, and there are problems... First of all, WM5torage doesn't work for me, regardles of troubleshooting hax. It happens, I can live with that. But after uninstalling WM5torage (when it was deactivated) I lost my USB ActiveSync connection, on my Eten i can see only Bluetooth ActiveSync as an option, there is no way to use USB... After connecting device to PC I get "Unable to open the connection '`USB'. This connection is no longer valid or does not exist. Select a different connection and try again" message. Can you please help me, I would like to avoid hard reset...

Guest Ingvarr
Please help HTC Cruise users!

thanks a lot :)

Try the solution for the Qualcomm chipset already described several times here - use the Softick Cardexport (even trial) to provide a fixed USB driver for WM5torage.

Guest karstvdw

Hmmm, this morning I enabled WM5torage for file transfer (for the 1st time) and de-activated it again. Now, my Artemis isn't recognized by ActiveSync anymore.

I re-installed A.Sync, but still, no synchronization possible.

Any advise if I need to check some settings?

solution already found: http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Hermes-H...both-half-work/

Edited by karstvdw

Hi,

I have been using WM5torage on an O2 graphite running WM5 without a problem.

Recently I upgraded the phone by flashing to WM6.

Now WM5torage does not work.

If I connect it to a PC it takes a long time, finally a drive appears but if I try and access the new drive the system is unresponsive, and eventually says that the disc appears to be unformatted. The disc is of course formatted and I can read the data from the phone or via a card reader.

I have tried the trouble shooting options and read the FAQ but to no avail.

Do you have any other suggestions that I could try?

Thanks for an awesome program. Until now I have not had a single problem with this wonderful software.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

JamesK

Guest Ingvarr
Do you have any other suggestions that I could try?

Basically, to search for firmware version (official or custom-made) that will have a properly working USB driver inside, since this is most likely the source problem.

Basically, to search for firmware version (official or custom-made) that will have a properly working USB driver inside, since this is most likely the source problem.

Unfortunately as far as I am aware there is only the single WM6 upgrade ROM available (and no recourse to a WM5 downgrade). I also do not believe that there are custom ROMs for this particular phone (O2 Graphite / ASUS Jupiter).

I guess that means I may have to look for a new phone that does support WM5torage.

Thank you for the suggestion though and please keep up the great work.

Jk

Guest Martin Bodlak

For a reference: Palm Treo 750v WM6 (officially upgraded)

WM5torage works with Linux, not with Windows XP (Bill knows why... but Windows doesn't recognize the device)

I had to do a hard reset because Treo was just too slow and various functions were ceasing to work properly... Well, it is not PDA, it is just a very expensive Tamagochi :D

Before hard reset WM5torage was not working, after hard reset it works again.

Strange but true. Treo story.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stereoroid

HTC S620 (Excalibur), upgraded to WM6, 2GB uSD... I had just as many problems with this version as I had with v1.75: none whatsoever! Between this and FinchSync, I no longer need to use Windows or ActiveSync at all. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itravesedo

WOW!!!!! I have been looking to access my QTEK S200 from ubuntu!!! This works great!!! Ubuntu recognizes it as an USB and now I can copy and share my music!!!

That's a fantastic software!!!

:D

• 1 month later...
Guest LordDeath

Hi, i have a little problem with this application:

Is use it on my XDA Neo (HTC Prophet) and it seems to work well. I can copy small files on it and it works.

I have also some portable apps on my SD Card (normal windows applications for the PC) and I can start them.

But while doing big things like opening a huge program or copying large files the progress hangs and i can not access the SD Card anymore :D

I have to unplug the device and softreset to get it back to work.

Why does it work with small files and hangs when I do too much? Do you have any idea?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.