WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

I've got "error 1f" once or twice. In all cases it was caused by running programs having files open on storage card, preventing dismount/direct access. I've solved it by stopping all running programs.

Take note that if you, for instance, will install "background" application like Today plugin that uses storage card (or runs from storage card), this can cause to "permanent error 1f" - as you cant stop this plugin, as usual application, it will prevent direct access to storage card forever.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest jShun
I've got "error 1f" once or twice. In all cases it was caused by running programs having files open on storage card, preventing dismount/direct access. I've solved it by stopping all running programs.

Take note that if you, for instance, will install "background" application like Today plugin that uses storage card (or runs from storage card), this can cause to "permanent error 1f" - as you cant stop this plugin, as usual application, it will prevent direct access to storage card forever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've done some test on my Dopod 838, a HTC Wizard 100 device.

I also got error 1f. Normally, stoping all application will allows the WM5torage to be activated.

In some cases like having ActiveSync as the only application running or creating a new SMS without going through Messaging, WM5torage will still fail even after stoping all application.

To resolve the problem, launch Messaging, than stop all application.

I have been able to active WM5torage reliability on 838 using the above method.

Hopefully, this information can be helpful for building future releases and anyone facing problems with it, ;)

Guest bouod

nice software ;) I love it even i has small problem

using V. 1.32 on my M600 with 1G MMC+/512M MMC

evry thing goes fine until press deactivate or close the program

then my device hang and can't use it until softreset

agree with czbird about automatic deactivate and close after disconnection from the PC

thanks for such a great tool

regards

Guest mvtl9902
I've done some test on my Dopod 838, a HTC Wizard 100 device.

I also got error 1f. Normally, stoping all application will allows the WM5torage to be activated.

In some cases like having ActiveSync as the only application running or creating a new SMS without going through Messaging, WM5torage will still fail even after stoping all application.

To resolve the problem, launch Messaging, than stop all application.

I have been able to active WM5torage reliability on 838 using the above method.

Hopefully, this information can be helpful for building future releases and anyone facing problems with it, ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still have the same problem (code 1f) on my QTEK 9100 (Wizard) even using your method. Damned !

Don't wok at my wizard (eror 1f). I think is because phonealarm and spb pocket plus plug-ins!!!

I stopped all running tasks.

Anybody can help?

Thanks

Guest konker

Something I've been waiting for a long time to be included into Windows Mobile.

Great that someone finally gave it a go.

Thanks for the effort Ingvarr!

Got some questions...

Am using MPx200 with WM5 like the others...

1. Is it possible to partition a high cap(eg. 1Gb) SD Card & have it run on the MPx200 to be recognized as extended-flash(hidden with OS) & Storage Card?

If so, how can I achieve that result? Any advice is appreciated.

2. If above is possible, will WM5Storage take the Storage Card by default or does one have the ability to choose?

3. I understand, as with the others in this forum using the same device & OS, that part of the OS is loaded into the 'extended-flash'. Mounting the memory card in the SP will momentarily cripple the SP. Will be willing to try out Qn.1 above with any worthwhile solutions.

Those who are familiar, please contribute your advice.

I would really love to see this piece of sw work on my MPx200.

Cheers!

Guest wikii

my phone is qtek 8010 (dopod 565) with wm5.

when i connect it to pc and active WM5torage , one removeable disk icon is shown in my computer.

But if i click it, a message box alert me to insert disk into the driver.

Other dopod phones ,like 565 575 585,also can't use this software

successfully.

Thank you for your great work!

Guest paggps

This software is just what I need ! unfortunately, I can't sucesfully install it in my Qtek 8300 (SP5m). When executing the .CAB everything goes normal, and then I'm prompted to reboot. After that, nothing is installed. I have tryed not to reboot, and was able to see the error message: "Install can't complete because you don't have the necessary permisions".

But my phone is fully unlocked !

Any suggestions ?

Thank you !

got error 57 on my SP5 (HTC Tornado)

Valdimir

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest scrattyrat

Hi,

i followed the advice to add this registry key to stop error 57 appearing:

Create the following registry key, restart the phone, and it will work:

to "HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies" add new value "0000101b": dword = 1

Is it possible this can change my device id on my phone? only around about the time i installed wm5storage and added this registry key TomTom has stopped working, saying i need to activate the product again.

When it does this it displays the device id in order that you can give it to TomTom and they use that to create a unique activation code. Thing is i have already done this ages ago, and when i did the device id that was displayed was dofferent to the one shown now!!!

so is it possible that adding the registry key shown above could have altered my device id?

Thanks!

Guest krisby

Worked without any problems on my HTC Apache/Verizon XV6700.

Worth having to register on the forums to get the app.

Now I don't have to deal with WMP doing its extra conversions when copying movies over to the PPC.

Thanks!

Guest leethacker
so is it possible that adding the registry key shown above could have altered my device id?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think so. Used this tutorial to unlock my phone, and my ID was not altered. Which registry editior have you used?

Btw: Works great with Ubuntu Linux. ;)

Edited by leethacker

Guest scrattyrat

Hi leethacker,

i used PHM registry editor and only added the key from my post, none of the other stuff in the tutorial.

Do you use tomtom? if not can i ask how you can check your device id, as the only way i know mine is from when the tomtom software provides it to me for activation purposes - and id like to confirm that wm5 is showing the same one.

cheers

Guest tristan_2468

Excellent. Perfect on c600, Also great that the PC recognises the disk - then if you click deactivate, the PC goes back to Activesync mode. Very good! Smartphones have always needed this facility. It's great when you visit someone and you want to transfer a file to or from your phone but they have no card reader or Activesync - which has happened to me on various occasions. Now I can just use this!

Well done!

Guest Erikrx1950

WM5torage was exactly the app I was looking for! On the move a lot, with the need to transfer files to laptops without activesync. Great stuff.

Guest scouser75

Hey, this would be a GREAT application for me and my SPV C600... if I could get it to work from off my Apple Mac Tiger ;)

Have any Mac users managed to work out a solution for this bit of software? Or, even have any Mac users managed to find a way to sync their WM5 phones to a Mac? Would using Virtual PC solve the problems for us Mac users?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Works like a charm on my i-mate SP5. A very, very usefull application, aspecially becouse the phone uses a standard mini-usb connections. Meaning, you can basically connect it anywhere.

Just great!

Guest scrattyrat

Hi - is there anyway to stop error 57 happening other than:

Create the following registry key, restart the phone, and it will work:

to "HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies" add new value "0000101b": dword = 1

because this stops tomtom from working by altering your device id. If you remove the key shown above tomtom suddenly begins working again.

I really love this app so is there another way to avoid error 57 without adding the registry key?

Thanks!

Guest Ingvarr

Either find other way to fully unlock all APIs.

Or obtain for me the proper developer certificate, so I will be able to properly sign everything, eliminating the need for unlocking ;)

Guest removed-14

Fantastic! Works a treat on my O2 XDA Exec (HTC Universal) but i have to do the trick of open messages and close it again to stop it complaining about open file son the storage card. It might be because ive set attachments to be saved on my storage card and not the internal storage.

Good job! Set up a pay pal donation account and ill pop something in there..!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.