Stylus come apart?

Guest bando

Guest bando

Anyone else have thier stylus come apart? On mine it's a pretty snug fit into the device and it came apart leaving my stylus pointer-half still in the device!

I managed to work the piece out and put it back together but I need to re-crimp it a bit to hold it together for good...

anyone else? (good thing it comes with a spare stylus)

Brian

Guest murf62

My first one came apart after 3 days, this one is starting to show signs of it now as well (brass clips starting to show). I have emailed mitac about it to see if I can get replacements.

Guest murf62

& I may as well have emailed my granny for the good it did.

I have sort of improved things by bending the retaining clip down a bit in the device (with a sharp pointy thing) and by squeezing the stylus with pliers.

I would imagine though there is currently a team of our little yellow friends in Asia beavering away making replacements ready to stick on Ebay. ;)

Guest gilesjuk

I guess it's why they provide two of them.

The Toshiba E800 I had also used a telescopic stylus, others had problems with them but I didn't.

On the E800 if you collapse it before placing it back in then when releasing it the stylus remained collapse and released easier, you could then carefully expand it manually.

Not sure if the A701 is like this, I will try tomorrow ;)

Guest murf62

Unfortunately not. When you insert the stylus the device grabs the tip of it in such a way that removing it again can be like extracting a wisdom tooth with your fingernail. ;)

Guest bando

I came up with an easy fix. at the tip of the stylus where the top half of the notch is, shave a little (very little) plastic off it where it would catch inside the device. Just enough so the nothc is not "squared" but a little rounded. Hope this makes sense to you. It worked perfect for me.. holds it snug, but not enough to make it come apart anymore!

Edited by bando

Guest gilesjuk
I came up with an easy fix.  at the tip of the stylus where the top half of the notch is, shave a little (very little) plastic off it where it would catch inside the device.  Just enough so the nothc is not "squared" but a little rounded.  Hope this makes sense to you.  It worked perfect for me.. holds it snug, but not enough to make it come apart anymore!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Makes sense, I really hate storing styluses away anyway, I just hate touch screens for the most part, but a phone with GPS is too tempting.

I really wish they could have put the hole at the top of the device.