• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stylus come apart?

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Anyone else have thier stylus come apart? On mine it's a pretty snug fit into the device and it came apart leaving my stylus pointer-half still in the device!

I managed to work the piece out and put it back together but I need to re-crimp it a bit to hold it together for good...

anyone else? (good thing it comes with a spare stylus)

Brian

Posted · Report post

My first one came apart after 3 days, this one is starting to show signs of it now as well (brass clips starting to show). I have emailed mitac about it to see if I can get replacements.

Posted · Report post

& I may as well have emailed my granny for the good it did.

I have sort of improved things by bending the retaining clip down a bit in the device (with a sharp pointy thing) and by squeezing the stylus with pliers.

I would imagine though there is currently a team of our little yellow friends in Asia beavering away making replacements ready to stick on Ebay. ;)

Posted · Report post

I guess it's why they provide two of them.

The Toshiba E800 I had also used a telescopic stylus, others had problems with them but I didn't.

On the E800 if you collapse it before placing it back in then when releasing it the stylus remained collapse and released easier, you could then carefully expand it manually.

Not sure if the A701 is like this, I will try tomorrow ;)

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately not. When you insert the stylus the device grabs the tip of it in such a way that removing it again can be like extracting a wisdom tooth with your fingernail. ;)

Posted (edited) · Report post

I came up with an easy fix. at the tip of the stylus where the top half of the notch is, shave a little (very little) plastic off it where it would catch inside the device. Just enough so the nothc is not "squared" but a little rounded. Hope this makes sense to you. It worked perfect for me.. holds it snug, but not enough to make it come apart anymore!

Edited by bando

Posted · Report post

I came up with an easy fix.  at the tip of the stylus where the top half of the notch is, shave a little (very little) plastic off it where it would catch inside the device.  Just enough so the nothc is not "squared" but a little rounded.  Hope this makes sense to you.  It worked perfect for me.. holds it snug, but not enough to make it come apart anymore!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Makes sense, I really hate storing styluses away anyway, I just hate touch screens for the most part, but a phone with GPS is too tempting.

I really wish they could have put the hole at the top of the device.