6 posts in this topic

Hi

I've got a T Mobile MDA Compact II (HTC Charmer) with the following ROM info:

ROM version: 1.12.2.23 WWE

ROM date: 11/14/05

Radio version: 01.12.20

Protocol version: 4.0.13.23

ExtROM version: 1.12.02.110

I am trying to install Tom Tom 5 on there without success. When I insert the SD card, the autoexecutable fires up but then exits within a couple of seconds without installing.

Anybody else had similar problems ? Any advice on how to debug what could be the problem will be appreciated. The SD card and the application works fine on other Pocket PC's.

Cheers

Rehan

I think there is a WM5 update for this, have you installed that first?

I think there is a WM5 update for this, have you installed that first?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean an update from Tom Tom or from Microsoft ? Tom Tom have an update for Pocket PC's but that requires the original application to be installed first and I can't find any updates for WM5 on Microsoft's download site.

Cheers

Rehan

Ah okay, I was talking about the TomTom update, sorry about that.

Ah okay, I was talking about the TomTom update, sorry about that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the 2577 directory there are 4 cabs - run each one manually by clicking on it

Don't think the order matters but I do ttn; gps; pimaddin; wizard

You need to then use the upgrades to get to 5.21. I think you can probably go straight to 5.21 but I have had more success upgrading to 5.1 then to 5.21

If the map is jerky when navigating you have to remove POI files cos there are to many - there are supposed to be fixes for this but I have never found one that works

Edited by kaf

I had a same problem with instalation of ToTom from PC. So, I had to install TomTom manually in MDA by open instalation cab files. ;)

BUT :P now I have a new problem. I bought ne bluetooth GPS Hicom HI-406BT and I have following problem:

when I parred MDA and GPS I was promtet to assign COM port, but there are only two COM ports available COM6, COM7. I tried to use both, but I when I tried to configure GPS in TomTom there were only following list of available ports:

COM0: QCMD

COM1: serial

COM2: Xpanel

COM3: IrCOMM

COM4: SerialIR

COM9: QDATA

Dd you have any idea where the problem is?

Please help.