Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
khalid

Files in Windows mobile

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I am creating an application using Windows Mobile 5.0 and .net Compact framework 2.0. I need to store certain data locally. It should be safe from user manipulation directly and only should only be changeable from the application. Please suggest how and where should I store the data??

Thanks

Khalid

Hi

I am creating an application using Windows Mobile 5.0 and .net Compact framework 2.0. I need to store certain data locally. It should be safe from user manipulation directly and only should only be changeable from the application. Please suggest how and where should I store the data??

Thanks

Khalid

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depending what the data is you could write it to the registry, or use a SQL database.

going to SQL is not the way unless you REALLLY need to - there will be other ways of doing this such as encrypting and storing it into a file and making the file perhaps hidden

Remember your application must be able to check if the file exists and handle encryption/decryption if you wish to do this and handle the possibilty of the file not existing/user tampering with the file causing invalid decryption