• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

speed tweaks

14 posts in this topic

Posted

hi, i've heard a lot of mention of speed tweaks for the HTC prophet. so i was wondering if someone could list all the good ones which will help speed up my prophet. and links to a guide to show you how to apply the tweak. bit of n00b question then again i've only used a pda for a week now >;)

chrs

~novakry

Posted

hi, i've heard a lot of mention of speed tweaks for the HTC prophet. so i was wondering if someone could list all the good ones which will help speed up my prophet. and links to a guide to show you how to apply the tweak. bit of n00b question then again i've only used a pda for a week now >;)

chrs

~novakry

Try these, works for me:

[HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS] CacheSize = 4096 EnableCache = 1 [HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt] ReplStoreCacheSize = 4096

* Soft reset for changes to take effect.

Remember, always backup first :P.

Posted

Best one by far is simply to turn off the sounds and notifications for events. This saves the device having to open and run a wav file for almost everything you do!

Have a look at the speedtweaks for the kjam on imateforum.com (they work on the prophet) or look at the ones on the xda developers wiki site - although some AKU2 roms have most of them already enabled.

Posted

hi. im a xphone2 user. yeah its a smartphone so im not sure if the software tht helps me great deal can actually enhance ur speed or ur gadget. i use speedboost for my sp, it is tremendously minimise lag in btw clicks, even my SE k750i friend was impressed with it. i told hiim, i installed SpeedBoost with pride, he was @@. if u can use it on ur ppc or whtever, u may try it. it is defnitly a must hv s/w for every sp , or ur device?

Posted

Try these, works for me:

[HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS] CacheSize = 4096 EnableCache = 1 [HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt] ReplStoreCacheSize = 4096

* Soft reset for changes to take effect.

Remember, always backup first .

====================================================================

Thanks USERONE ! It works!

Posted

try OmapClock.

read about it here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=40284

:)

I use it too. Great prog, set it to 240 mHz and you will experience a great improvement within safe boundaries!

Posted

How much hit do you take on batt life with overclocking?

Posted

Where do i get the right version ?? is it version 0.2 ??

Posted

Hmm, weird. Ran it and benchmarked a video in TCPMP, doesn't appear to make any difference!

Posted

omapclock does the trick,

i could only get my iMate Jamin to 220 before it started rebooting itself

Posted

Has anyone got a JAMin that they've had overclocked for a long period without experiencing any problems?

I'm tempted to do it on mine, but it's still new and I don't want to burn it out ir anything :)

Posted

ive used the omap for 6 months now at 240mhz, all good. Use a 1800mah battery and it lasts for 2 - 3 days no probs. Get it done!

Posted

i find 'battery status' software great for overclocking + it has overclock speed on screen + battery % + its free, just overclock modestly otherwise you'l get reboots (also omap850 cpu is really not that slow remember intel and samsung cpu 4 instructions per clock cycle omap 8 per clock cycle!) :)