• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Which mini sd card is best?

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

hi there!

i'm wondering which mini sd card manufacturer to prefer when buying a new (mainly bigger) one for my new o2 xda phone.

usually i

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the forum ;)

I would recommend SanDisk or Kingston. I've never had problems with either. Steer clear of dual-layer cards though.

Posted · Report post

hi disco stu,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Steer clear of dual-layer cards though.

well, i'd like to buy a 2gb card (for navigation software purposes), afaik the ones with the biggest capacity at the moment. at this moment i'm wondering how they manage to store such an amount of data on this little card - using double layer, right? so you recommend using cars not bigger than 1gb, i guess?

greetings,

stecki

Posted · Report post

Well I'm not a hardware engineer but I do remember members reporting problems with dual-layer cards.

I thought the XDA would use a full size SD card. Have a look at Moby Memory's site - this is where I buy mine from and they do check compatibility with the various devices. I can tell you that the 2GB SD UltraII SanDisk Memory card works with my iMate Jam (XDA Mini).

How about I get easyJet over there. You can borrow my SD Card for the day while I swim in Lake Constance! ;)

Posted · Report post

I just got a 2gig sandisk off eBay its working, sweet and was under