Which mini sd card is best?

Guest stecki

Guest stecki

hi there!

i'm wondering which mini sd card manufacturer to prefer when buying a new (mainly bigger) one for my new o2 xda phone.

usually i

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum ;)

I would recommend SanDisk or Kingston. I've never had problems with either. Steer clear of dual-layer cards though.

Guest stecki

hi disco stu,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Steer clear of dual-layer cards though.

well, i'd like to buy a 2gb card (for navigation software purposes), afaik the ones with the biggest capacity at the moment. at this moment i'm wondering how they manage to store such an amount of data on this little card - using double layer, right? so you recommend using cars not bigger than 1gb, i guess?

greetings,

stecki

Guest Disco Stu

Well I'm not a hardware engineer but I do remember members reporting problems with dual-layer cards.

I thought the XDA would use a full size SD card. Have a look at Moby Memory's site - this is where I buy mine from and they do check compatibility with the various devices. I can tell you that the 2GB SD UltraII SanDisk Memory card works with my iMate Jam (XDA Mini).

How about I get easyJet over there. You can borrow my SD Card for the day while I swim in Lake Constance! ;)