jtheun

Slow startup for simple C# app?

6 posts in this topic

I just started playing with Visual Studio 2005 and built a simple app (one form with an exit button) using C# and the Compact Framework 1. But when I deploy and run this app on my Orange C500, it takes 5-10 seconds to start up... Is this normal?

When I look at my other favorite apps like NewsBreak, they start up immediately. Should I assume that they are written in native code, using some other dev tool than Visual Studio 2005?

Yeah, when you run a .NET program the phone has to load the .NET Framework before it can run the program. C++ programs run natively.

So if I want to code a faster app, what development tool would I use? This is for a smartphone running windows mobile 5

So if I want to code a faster app, what development tool would I use? This is for a smartphone running windows mobile 5

C++

make sure on the final deployment of the app to select release as it will speed up things.

I just started playing with Visual Studio 2005 and built a simple app (one form with an exit button) using C# and the Compact Framework 1. But when I deploy and run this app on my Orange C500, it takes 5-10 seconds to start up... Is this normal?

When I look at my other favorite apps like NewsBreak, they start up immediately. Should I assume that they are written in native code, using some other dev tool than Visual Studio 2005?

you might be able to speed up your form loading my using these tips:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....ormloadperf.asp