My mpx200 hates my sim card, but likes other ones.

Guest NSD

Hey guys. Just picked up a sorta-broken mpx 200 yesterday, and now I'm trying to see whether I can fix it or not. The guy sold it to me "as is" for $20 CAD, and I couldn't pass up such an offer ;)

I get home, charge the phone, and to my surprise it works ... sorta. I can use whatever functions it has, except that for some reason I'm not getting any reception anywhere I go. Yes, my provider works on 1900 as well. I do a hard reset, and nothing comes out of it.

Thus I decide to try different flash versions. I try maybe 3-4, and still nothing. Maybe the phone is locked ? From what I've read if it's sim-locked you can still use the PIM apps and such, so I go ahead and follow this guide to unlock it: http://www.rasoul.com/mpx200/

All goes well (aka my phone isn't bricked), but still no reception. What in the world is going on ? If plane mode was on, flashing or hard-resetting it should fix it. And now, to top it all off, for some reason I can't flash the phone any more, as MMUW tells me the upgrade failed.

Like any other rom, it should have a life of about 1000 rewrites or so. What in the world is going on ?

Thanks in advance.

Later edit:

I realized that indeed the phone has a problem with my SIM. Very strange, considering that I've used my sim in about 5+ phones before, and they all worked flawlessly ... Whenever I put it in, it starts acting up - i get no service (and the antenna has the forbidden crossed-out O next to it), programs quit by themselves, menus are slower than usual, etc. I have two de-activated sims and when put in, the phone behaves properly, and also I get bars of service. I have no clue what to do ...

Edited by NSD

Guest gmscarlett

Go to your service provider, ask them if you can put a new sim in your phone. if it works you can buy the replacement sim. you might be able to call into your customer service and ask them to credit the amt of the replacement sim.