• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

FREE CASH! Announcing: M:Panel from M:Metrics and MoDaCo

606 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[teaser]

The MobilePanel is currently unavailable for new signups!

mmetrics.php

I am very pleased to announce that MoDaCo, in association with M:Metrics, is now able to offer participation in Smart M:Panel to our UK as well as our USA members.

clamato_tv.php

So what is Smart M:Panel?

Smart M:Panel is an influential new research panel created by M:Metrics to measure Windows Mobile Smartphone / Symbian smartphone / Pocket PC / Palm feature usage. Being a panelist is easy and safe! Research software, completely transparent to the end user, automatically measures mobile phone activity, eliminating the need to fill out detailed surveys each month.

What's in it for me?

CASH! ;) When you install the Smart M:Panel software to your device, and after the application has made it's first upload of data, M:Metrics send you a cheque for £15 (UK) or $15 (USA)! But it doesn't stop there... as long as you keep the application installed, you will earn £5 (UK) or $5 (USA) per month, paid by cheque every 6 months.

As if that isn't enough, every active participant will be entered into a sweepstake to win great prizes (we've already given away a huge flat screen TV to a USA based MoDaCo member from our last recruitment)!

There's more... once you have signed up to the panel, you can start referring others, and we are in the process of lining up some really great prizes for the best referrers! To sign up panelists and have them credited to you, simply use your unique referral link: - easy! ;)

[/teaser]

Finally, by agreeing to have your activity measured, you'll be inputting valuable data into the development of future products and services. The next device you buy may have been designed in a particular way due to the company knowing how YOU use your device... now that's cool.

So the data is sent back over GPRS? Won't that cost me money?

Both MoDaCo and M:Metrics have had this flagged as a major concern from the outset, and so incredible work has been carried out to ensure data volumes are as low as possible. As a result, experience to date shows that an 'average' user will only upload around 35k per MONTH, and even a 'heavy' device user will likely only upload around 50k per month... a tiny amount! The metering application also sends 1 SMS when it is first installed, to tell our servers that it is up and running :P

What exactly is recorded by the application? Will it affect my normal phone usage?

The Smart M:Panel software records usage of various mobile phone features - email, web browsing, games, etc. - and securely returns the data to M:Metrics without interfering with the normal use of your phone. The application has no user interface... it's truly 'install and forget'!

I have a couple of other questions... is there any more information available on line?

There is! You can check out the M:Metrics hosted FAQ by visiting this page and clicking 'Frequently Asked Questions'. You can also reply to this topic, and we'll do our best to answer your questions ;) You will also find the privacy policy online there.

OK, i've read enough... let's go make some money

GREAT! It's fantastic to have you on board! To get started, simply visit the SIGNUP PAGE, and click, well, 'get started' ;) You will receive a text message containing a download link for the metering application, click it, and you're away... (there is also an option to install via your PC, should you wish to save on GPRS costs).

FINALLY, if you decide at any time you no longer wish to participate in the panel, simply uninstall the application from the 'Remove Programs' menu.

P

PS Know somebody who uses a Symbian or Palm device? Yes, let them know too... as this offer is open to Windows Mobile, Symbian AND Palm users, and they can signup using your same referral link!

Posted · Report post

Just signed up. I feel more secure about the service since they answered a lot of the questions we had in their FAQ.

I couldn't care less about the $15 or $5 thereafter (but I'll take it) but I like the other possible prizes. Me does love me some giveaway contests!!! ;)

Posted · Report post

We've tried really hard to answer every question / concern anyone might have, but of course, if there's anything that's not answered, we're here to help ;)

P

Posted · Report post

All signed up ;)

It's fun at work trying to get a decent signal :P

Posted · Report post

does this go by the telephone number as i have a orange uk sim registered to my mums uk home ? would help my sky bills if it works ;)

Posted · Report post

I guess this isn't open to Aussies is it?

Posted · Report post

It would appear so... Guess it's not open to Danes either...

Any particularly interesting reason why that is?

Posted · Report post

does this go by the telephone number as i have a orange uk sim registered to my mums uk home ? would help my sky bills if it works ;)

Yes, I believe so...

P

Posted · Report post

UK / USA only at this time i'm afraid!

P

Posted · Report post

Still havn't received the welcome/confirmation email :/

That won't be instant, as it corresponds to when your device first sends back data (I believe)... you can see if this has happened by going here, logging in, and seeing if any activity is displayed yet.

P

Posted · Report post

...is it possible to sign up 2 devices? From a Symbian perspective, I can't see an option for the N80...compatible yet?

Cheers

Nick

Posted · Report post

...is it possible to sign up 2 devices? From a Symbian perspective, I can't see an option for the N80...compatible yet?

Cheers

Nick

I'll check the 2 device issue, and as for the N80, we don't have a Symbian v3 build yet.

P

Posted · Report post

Clarification... if the device you have is not listed, you can select an equivalent device (e.g. as sporkguy chose the SP5 for his QTek 8310). Also, if you have multiple devices with multiple SIMs, you can register them individually, but only with seperate email addresses...

P

Posted · Report post

Signed up. Reminds me of the days of All Advantage... anyone remember that?

Posted · Report post

Vaguely... wasn't it a paid to surf program or similar?

This is even better, you get paid to just do what you normally do ;)

Will be interesting to see who can get the most referrers!

P

Posted · Report post

Cool all signed up ;)

Posted · Report post

Vaguely... wasn't it a paid to surf program or similar?

That's right. Got a cheque out of them as well. Can't remember exactly how much but it felt like money for nothing...

Posted · Report post

The welcome mail gets sent when your device first calls home and sends back data, so if it doesn't happen immediately, don't panic ;)

P

Posted · Report post

Had the endless "Connecting......" problem with PIE last night although it's working fine this morning. I don't suppose this is related ? ;)

(BTW signed up as SP5 as sporkguy suggested)

Posted · Report post

I get that on my SP5 without this installed ;) I think it's a quirky GPRS connection issue...

P

Posted · Report post

Will install this next week. And i think i got 12 quid out of all advantage ;)

It was a little ad banner that sat under your browser and paid you when you were online and using your machine (it stopped when idle). I think in todays broadband era it might not be as cost effective for them!

Posted · Report post

Used the link provided above and logged in ;)

Yes, data uploading :P

Posted · Report post

Yay!

P

Posted · Report post

Is it just me or is it that the rest of you are just to cool to admit it but I've been feeling slightly paranoid about the amount (or lack) of activity in my feedback report. ;)

I don't want the M:Panel panel to be having a laugh at me for being boring. Nor do I want them working out the number of cigarette breaks I tend to take during office hours. Talking of which....

Maybe I'm just missing the end of the fantasy football season but I'm wondering if anyone else is interested in seeing the activity league tables that M:Panel are compiling ?

;) :P

Posted · Report post

Haha, that'd be kinda funny!

You do realise the software can recognise when you're on the toilet, sciving off work playing games, and sends a report to your superiors? ;)

lol

P