PaulOBrien

FREE CASH! Announcing: M:Panel from M:Metrics and MoDaCo

1) After 2 years have they make the improvement that send it through Wifi, activesync or anything beside data yet? (I have data but I also want to sign up 6 more people but they don't have a data plan.)

Not that I'm aware of.

4) Have the multi SMS send been fix for USA costumer?

Nope.

I've emailed them last week, and guess what...still no respond.

I really need to know if I sign up for 6 people, can it all be under my name and address. Or does it have restriction like rebates (one person per address.)

I too have been stung for 9 text messages this month following installation on my (now broken) new mda touch plus.

what's the latest on this? i've been using it since the word go with no problems until now!

I have been a member for about 3 months now, and while I haven't noticed any APPARENT detrement to my phone (I use a Treo 700p), I actually forgot about the $15 check (seems unfair that the Americans get a $15 dollar check and the Brits get a 30quid check which is worth 4x as much as the US ammount, but so be it), but received it in the post today and couldn't have needed it more. After having a very rough month, the $15 was literally going to put enough gas in my car to get me through until payday, otherwise, I would have been stuck at home and would have barely even made it to work.

But when I went to go and CASH the check, the person at the Check Cashing center told me that the routing number came up as invalid. I checked it myself and I found it listed and matching the bank it claims to be from, but I did also notice that the account number seems awfully short (only six numbers), and while it passes all of the security features it claims to have, the fact that the check got rejected, which is something that has only happened to me ONE other time in my life, on a check I knew was dodgy in the first place, makes me worried.

Any legit company that issues payment checks from a legit bank should have no problems having their checks cashed at any time. Especially for one as small as $15. The kicker is, it's New York State Law that if this check ends up being a bad check after all, and I cash it, knowing that (which technically, I have been warned now, so I would know, according to the law), I could go to jail. For $15.

As far as sending cash, I remember when I lived in the U.K., I would have felt safer sending cash in the post there than back here in the states, but I was also receiving my mail at the House of Commons, so I really don't know how dodgy it is. I know that I was taught, even as a boy, to never send cash in the post, unless it's Registered Mail, and even then, it carries risk (and cost, a registered letter would probably cost almost as much as the check).

I also have no way of checking, or at least don't know of any way to check to see if any international texts have been sent from my phone and any charges that my have resulted.

Has anyone else had any problems like this? I have e-mailed the company but they have yet to reply. Which, after reading the posts here, am not at all surprised by, but which also further fuels my fears that this company send me some kind of bogus check.

Lastly, my check was dated Feb. 29, 2008, but it wasn't sent out in the post until March 19, 2008. That's quite a long time to sit around waiting to be mailed. It doesn't just seem inefficient, it seems crooked, somehow.

Any advise would be appriciated, as I am prepared to go balls to the wall over this and start some legal stuff and bad press for these guys if I don't get a straight answer. Next stop: Slashdot.

This is horrible news, now it's not worth it. When they send the check was it already made out to your name or is that part blank?

For the different between USD and GBP, wonder what they would say if someone would request GBP when they live in the states lol

It's been over two weeks since I complained 3 times about the 34 international text messages..... not even so much as an acknowledgment.

It seems they are happy enough to get your usage data so they can sell it on, but when it goes wrong you are on your own. :D

There should only be ONE SMS sent, and it should not be international.

I will follow this up immediately...

P

I reinstalled m:panel onto my Hermes after upgrading it to WM6 (been an m:panel contributor for over 18 months now, signed up after recommendation from here in the first place)... Can't remember if I was charged the first time round but look what popped up on my latest bill:

29 Feb Fri 10:00 07624806298 Intl 0.170

29 Feb Fri 10:01 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

29 Feb Fri 11:01 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

29 Feb Fri 12:02 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

29 Feb Fri 13:02 00393461313538 Intl 0.170

1 Mar SAT 13:03 07624806298 Intl 0.170

+39 is Italy ffs! And not just one but SIX international text messages... An extra quid on my bill; what's going on Paul?

I've also emailed m:metrics;

As you can see on http://www.modaco.com/content-page/240156/...40/#entry885465 , myself and many other people have been received unwanted international text message charges on our mobile bills after installing m:panel.

My most recent bill has six international text message fees, all of which fall outside of my allowance (I don't know anybody in the UK who has inclusive international texting allowances).

Why is my phone sending SMSes to premium UK numbers, an Italian number and American numbers? At no point was I told that I would be incurring charges for this software outside of standard data charges (which I do not receive as I pay monthly for an inclusive data allowance on my account).

I expect the full amount for these out-of-allowance SMSes to be included in my next payment from m:metrics, as I did not send any of these myself. I'm very careful about watching my bill for these kind of unexpected charges, and a couple of minutes' comparison with other m:panel users reveals a similar pattern of unexpected international SMS charges.

Either the charges stop, or I stop providing my usage statistics to m:panel.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely

Christopher Woods

When I get a response I'll post it here.

Edited by Christopher Woods

I got a response to my complaint today:

Hello Pete,

Thank you for contacting Smart M:Panel Support!

According to our records you have a  HTC TyTN II; please confirm that this is still true.

If you still have the HTC TyTN II: 

What operating system you are running?

Have you recently upgraded your OS or made a change to your device’s firmware?

When you received the SMS and attempted the installation did you receive any error messages or were your able to successfully download the application and complete the installation? 

Can you provide us with any additional relevant issues you have experienced during the installation or activation of our software?

Any additional information will be useful in helping us resolve the issue.  We apologize for the inconvenience but will work hard to resolve the issue. While we look into this issue please keep the meter uninstalled. 

Thank you for your continued participation in our panel.  Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.  

Cheers,

Christina

Smart M:Panel Support

[email protected]

Followed hotly by (I guess an automated) email saying they are not receiving my data!!

I've replied and I'll post any updates.

Hello everyone,

Since Thursdays I can no longer log onto M Panel https://www.mobilepanel.co.uk/login.aspx I get this error message

Internet Explorer cannot display the web page

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.

The website is temporarily unavailable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.

To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.

Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

Is there any one else having this problem I am connecting from my PC useing both Firefox and IE?

Many Thanks

Hi All

Just a quick message to say that it is back on know.

I reinstalled M:Panel 9 days ago having changed my phone & data tariff recently. So far they have leached 10 texts from me, 9 of which have cost me as they are to the 0014252461806 international number. Not happy!!

I have emailed [email protected]

:D

Thanks tsutton, one down five more to go lol.

Where are these SMS coming from?

I flash my ROM a lot.

These SMS is what seem to be doing the most damage, how about getting them to drop that. Replace that with us (clients) logging on to their secure site on our phone and put in our username and password so they can verify that we have installed it.

I reinstalled M:Panel 9 days ago having changed my phone & data tariff recently. So far they have leached 10 texts from me, 9 of which have cost me as they are to the 0014252461806 international number. Not happy!!

I have emailed [email protected]

:D

I've installed it as well and have just emailed the support address because of multiple text messages. Not good!

I've installed it as well and have just emailed the support address because of multiple text messages. Not good!

I've reinstalled it aswell a few times becuase I've reflashed my phone. Even though the installation was ok my account was never activated and I was also sending texts to an 00142 number.

The texts are probably part of the account activation. If you are sending txts check to see if you account it activated, if its not you're not earning your £5.

I had an email back from support to say they don't know what the problem is and their engineers are looking into it.

Anthony

Well, it was good while it lasted (ish!). I've just updated my Vario II to WM6, so reinstalled the M Metrics software and do you know what? Yep, a raft of international text messages being sent from my phone, mostly to Brazil!!! The other number is to some sort of roaming international access sim card. To be honest I can live without the fiver a month for the hassle I KNOW is going to come of this judging by loads of comments on here.

The mobile panel website is also out of action (has been for 3 days) - I've just uninstalled this via Remove Programs. I'll take a look at it again in a few months to see if it's been improved. Strikes me they're taking a cut off international texts now and hope people don't notice.

Edited by stevem999

Well I thought I'd try and log onto the M-panel site today and it was indeed working again. Given that I'm obviously a masochist I thought I'd ask it to send the software to my phone rather than me download it to see if it worked any better. Rather oddly, I received the following message:

You have changed your selected phone model to one that does not currently qualify you for this particular Smart M:Panel.

M:Metrics would like to stay in touch with you and let you know when we do have a panel your new device is qualified for.

Your email address and phone model are listed below. Please confirm this information is correct and then click submit. We appreciate your patience and participation in our panel and will contact you soon with a special invitation to re-join.

My correct phone model and email address were listed so either there is yet another error or they have closed the panel down altogether, or perhaps to new applicants, which includes those who have simply updated their software. Still bobbins.

Well I thought I'd try and log onto the M-panel site today and it was indeed working again. Given that I'm obviously a masochist I thought I'd ask it to send the software to my phone rather than me download it to see if it worked any better. Rather oddly, I received the following message:

You have changed your selected phone model to one that does not currently qualify you for this particular Smart M:Panel.

M:Metrics would like to stay in touch with you and let you know when we do have a panel your new device is qualified for.

Your email address and phone model are listed below. Please confirm this information is correct and then click submit. We appreciate your patience and participation in our panel and will contact you soon with a special invitation to re-join.

My correct phone model and email address were listed so either there is yet another error or they have closed the panel down altogether, or perhaps to new applicants, which includes those who have simply updated their software. Still bobbins.

I got the same message a couple of weeks ago.

The one on the FAQs page gives you that message. Try the link on the home page after logging in.

I'm suprised this is still being recommended by Modaco when there are so many people consistently having problems. I've been on the verge of signing up a number of time since I got my Vario III in Jan, but every time I check there's always enough bad experiences in this forum to keep me away.

The worst thing seems to be the lack of support from M:Metrics and why are these international SMSs still being sent? Surely it'd be easy enough for them to set up a UK number which could forward on to them.

All seems a bit sketchy to me.

C*

I'm suprised this is still being recommended by Modaco when there are so many people consistently having problems. I've been on the verge of signing up a number of time since I got my Vario III in Jan, but every time I check there's always enough bad experiences in this forum to keep me away.

The worst thing seems to be the lack of support from M:Metrics and why are these international SMSs still being sent? Surely it'd be easy enough for them to set up a UK number which could forward on to them.

All seems a bit sketchy to me.

C*

I too am in the position of having a Vario II upgraded to T-Mobile's official WM6 ROM - lots of international text messages to 001.... - the software worked fine on my previous XDA IIs (WM2003).

Very poor show on behalf of M:Metrics.

I tried setting the phone type to 'Vario III' since they all come with WM6 as standard, but the setup file they sent me was identical - ending in 'PPC5.exe'

Has anyone had a positive response / problem resolution from M:Metrics? A bit of free cash is always nice but it seems like far too much grief.... If I hadn't only had a couple of quid left on the PAYG SIM then they would've cleaned me out!

Just had a £30 cheque arrive for the past 6 months on my t-mobile nokia n73.

Started a 3 contract with another Nokia N73 and got the £15 participation cheque :-)

Been in Spain for the last 10 days and removed their software as worried about roaming data charges.

Reinstalled software on my return to UK

Dominique

I've just got my latest bill and 20 SMS messages to 001 425 2461806. :D

This number seems to have appeared on my bills mid Feb, never noticed before because is was a low number of SMSs.

Extract of the 20 last month...

12 Apr SAT 08:31 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

12 Apr SAT 09:41 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

12 Apr SAT 12:44 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

12 Apr SAT 12:47 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

12 Apr SAT 17:33 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

13 Apr SUN 17:33 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

14 Apr Mon 17:33 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

15 Apr Tue 17:33 001425 2461806 Intl 0.170

Will have to go through previous bills to identify any other numbers and where it started happening :(

My Web'n'Walk tarrif doesn't include SMS, so it's cost £3.40 this month.

Have emailed them, they've been good up to now. I'll see what happens.

Mark

I have a kaiser tytn II (T-Mobile Vario 3) which I've flashed to the TLR 6.1 ROM

All seems to be working and the monitor.exe program is running but my panel says inactive! :-(

Support are looking into the problem but don't seem to have any joy

I've re-installed a few times, pulled my battery whilst on, etc

Any ideas ??

So basically I get 5 bux. I hav'nt read the news article fully, but I'm also a drunk son of gun right now. Hmmmm....sounds pretty good.

I have a kaiser tytn II (T-Mobile Vario 3) which I've flashed to the TLR 6.1 ROM

All seems to be working and the monitor.exe program is running but my panel says inactive! :-(

Support are looking into the problem but don't seem to have any joy

I've re-installed a few times, pulled my battery whilst on, etc

Any ideas ??

I would uninstall it asap becuase you're probably sending international txts. I had the exact same problem on a vario II with wm6 and ended up sending about 20 txts.

It looks like the registration doesn't work with wm6 or wm6.1