PaulOBrien

FREE CASH! Announcing: M:Panel from M:Metrics and MoDaCo

606 posts in this topic

As I don't have a GPRS plan, and T-Mobile charge stupid prices if you do connect (not on Web n Walk, don't use GPRS enough to warrant it). Any chance it can send the data when I Sync (and so use my PC's internet connection instead)?

hi all..long time no been on modaco..but this money for using a ms device is hell yh...can help out on my fone bills... yeh to the point.. i havent got a data plan..can i send the data to the servers using a pass-thru connection from my orange m500 and activesync???

Nice one Paul. Just signed up. Free cash is always nice to have. :)

Signed up. Let's see how it goes.

Signed up too. Gadget hobby to support!

I have tried to sign up but am getting the following message every time i go to the website using the link from your initial post:

We're sorry but you do not qualify for this particular Smart M:Panel survey. Thanks anyway.

Edited by wills

Straight away?

Try clearing your cache / cookies and trying again...

P

Straight away?

Try clearing your cache / cookies and trying again...

P

Thanks Paul - I'll give that a go.

No sorry - wasn't straight away. Initially tried in opera and I couldn't get past the first page of the site, then I tried in Safari and got the error message, went back to opera to again in there and then got the same error as in safari.

Just tried from my pc and all is working fine.

Thanks

so what would happen if say you needed to hard reset your device? just get hold of the cab file again and thats it? or...?

I'm looking forward to the 'post pictures of your cheque'

sure no worries there - that'll be an extra

All signed up!

Thanks Paul - I'll give that a go.

No sorry - wasn't straight away. Initially tried in opera and I couldn't get past the first page of the site, then I tried in Safari and got the error message, went back to opera to again in there and then got the same error as in safari.

Just tried from my pc and all is working fine.

Thanks

Yeah I had to sign up in Firefox on my mac because the signup page doesnt seem to like Safari, or the other way round!

All signed up!

I guess USA T-Mobile SDA users aren't eligible. Why not?

What if I am on web'n'walk.I know I have unlimited internet usage but does it include upload?

cheers

I've signed up and installed the software but it seems the text message that it tried to send out didn't get through :)

"Sorry your text messaging service is currently unavailable due to insufficient funds."

What's annoying is that I get a similar (voice) response if I try to ring the customer service department of my bank! I can only assume that T-Mobile are screwing me over in some way, by not letting me contact certain numbers?!?

This is using the U-Fix 15 tarrif and they take the "funds" out of my account each month. Does anyone have any ideas or should I just call T-Mobile and try to find out what the problem is? (I've tried this before but gave up after waiting 20 minutes to get through to someone).

Yes you are eligible. If your phone isn't in the list, please select one that is closest to your model (such as the Orange SPV C550, the UK Tmobile SDA II etc).

What if I am on web'n'walk.I know I have unlimited internet usage but does it include upload?

cheers

Yes, web n walk will allow this as well - as it uses a tiny amount of data :)

I think I solved my problem, I only had 1p balance on my account, even though I'm on U-Fix 15. It seems that 0845 numbers (and some others numbers) are not "handled" by U-Fix payments and you need extra credit on your account to be able to contact them (stupid really).

Now that I've got credit on my account, will the M:Metrics software try to send out another SMS seeing as the first one failed? I presume it won't as it won't "know" that the first one failed?

What can I do about this? Reinstall the software?

Yes, by logging into MobilePanel.

P

so what would happen if say you needed to hard reset your device? just get hold of the cab file again and thats it? or...?

Yes they are!

P

The upload will be included in Web-n-walk!

P

cheers

I think I solved my problem, I only had 1p balance on my account, even though I'm on U-Fix 15. It seems that 0845 numbers (and some others numbers) are not "handled" by U-Fix payments and you need extra credit on your account to be able to contact them (stupid really).

Now that I've got credit on my account, will the M:Metrics software try to send out another SMS seeing as the first one failed? I presume it won't as it won't "know" that the first one failed?

What can I do about this? Reinstall the software?

Yes, I believe it will... but I will check!

P

Hi Tried singing up my HTC universal. thats on orange... i got a no tpossible sign when selecting phone manufacturer.. no on any page all i get is:

We're sorry but you do not qualify for this particular Smart M:Panel survey. Thanks anyway

Does it hate me now? Will i be able to sign up my universal?

In the t&c's it says that for anyone not reporting usage for a period longer than 24hs will have any personally identifiable information disassociated from their data submitted. Does this mean if I leave the country for a couple of weeks and any unable to report back usage patterns that I'd be out of the program, or does the account just get put on hold for a while?

I've been with them awhile and no checks..what's up with that?

Anyhow, I've e-mailed them and I guess I'll wait for a reply.

Yes, I believe it will... but I will check!

P

I think you're right, as I received an email earlier saying the software had successfully reported activation on my phone (or something along those lines).

Based on that I think it's working now :)

^ yup it will be :)