Guide to Upgrading Qtek 8310 to the Latest (2.0.9.0) AKU2 ROM

Guest mfurse

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
Yes...read the original 1st post on this topic it explains how to get the Qtek 8310 roms to load on an invalid phone despite them being valid Qtek 8310 handsets.

Matt

Yep, done.

Now the only problem is getting a UK/NORDIC ROM with Danish; the links here only seem to point to ROMs that have swedish and/or Norwegian AFAICS.

Hmm

Guest tamanaco

Has anyone that bought an Qtek 8310 from Mad Monkey Boys found an "official" site to download the new ROM? I was told that my "official" support site was http://www.qtekcorp.com/, but this site does not have the ROM available for download. When I enter my IMEI number the site directs me a repair shop some where in Europe. I'm in the US. I've looked at the first post, but I can not download the ROM from that site using my IMEI. Anyway, I'd like to get an officially supported ROM and install it in a way that won't void my warranty.

Anyone?

Edit: Oops... I thought I was posting in HowardForums. Well, maybe someone here knows what I should do.

Edited by tamanaco

Guest pawr
Has anyone that bought an Qtek 8310 from Mad Monkey Boys found an "official" site to download the new ROM? I was told that my "official" support site was http://www.qtekcorp.com/, but this site does not have the ROM available for download. When I enter my IMEI number the site directs me a repair shop some where in Europe. I'm in the US. I've looked at the first post, but I can not download the ROM from that site using my IMEI. Anyway, I'd like to get an officially supported ROM and install it in a way that won't void my warranty.

Anyone?

Edit: Oops... I thought I was posting in HowardForums. Well, maybe someone here knows what I should do.

What is your Qtek current OPERATOR version ?

(you can check it in settings->system information)

Guest tamanaco
What is your Qtek current OPERATOR version ?

(you can check it in settings->system information)

OPERATOR version : 1.5.312.6

Guest pawr
OPERATOR version : 1.5.312.6

If you haven't try yet please check this ROM update version:

Meanwhile, this Super-CID, CID stuff is not necessary anymore. For Dangaard 8310, download from http://i.expansys.com/i/drv/to_dan_eur_209...020900_ship.exe , start the update and that's it.

It's an official QTEK 8310 ROM-Update from qtek.fi for Dangaard customers.

English, French and German language included.

It should work with phones with 1.5.312.1 operator version... maybe it is going to be suitable for your qtek.

Guest erp2863

After installing this rom I cannot load the Clearvue package that came with my 8310. I get an error message during installation saying it requires a different rom. Any ideas?

Guest tamanaco
After installing this rom I cannot load the Clearvue package that came with my 8310. I get an error message during installation saying it requires a different rom. Any ideas?

This is what I'm talking about. I want to upgrade using a "supported" ROM for my specific build of 8310. I was able to update the version of Clearvue that came in the CD that shipped with my 8310. I contacted Westtek, gave them the IMEI number of my 8310 and they supplied me with an updated version of the Clearvue Suite. Namely, version 2.41.387.3 at no charge. If I upgrade my phone with an usupported ROM, the CD version of Clearvue and the update will not install. My friend has a SP5 and he tried to install Clearvue, but he got the same error about requiring a different ROM. I guess the ROMs have signatures that tie them to specific operators. As far as I know, qtekcorp.com is supposed to provide support for my Qtek 8310. The IMEI of my phone is recognized by this site. The problem is that the site is fairly new and has very little content. qtekcorp.com does not have a download section or links to a where the new ROM could be downloaded. There is no mention of ROMs anywhere.

Edit: Forgot to ask... How do I save the ROM that is currently installed in my phone? You know, in case I have problems with the new one.

Edited by tamanaco

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
If you haven't try yet please check this ROM update version:

It should work with phones with 1.5.312.1 operator version... maybe it is going to be suitable for your qtek.

Hmm, this sounds a little more encouraging :-)

I've got operator # 1.5.311.2

Anybody know if the update pawr links to will work? And are the updates for certain languages like the old SPV? It's not like I'm desperate to update - phone's working fine, more or less - but the simple fact I've ended up with a phone that can't be updated is getting on my nerves and set a challenge :-)

Cheers

Edited by Chris b.a.r.f.

Guest pawr

If you have 1.5.311.2 operator version you should use this official update version: TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_Ship.zip . It is posted on www.smartmobil.no and it is for phones distributed by Dangaard Norway.

I'm sure this one is right for you. Languages included are: UK English, Hungarian , French, Finnish, US English, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish and Slovenian

Guest gts
copy and paste the CID number that was collected to your PC in a text file to make sure you have a backup for whatever reason.

I've got two questions:

1. Does it really show the actual CID value stored in the phone?
  2. Is it possible to restore the CID setting to the original value (after it has been changed to SuperCID)?
If the answer is positive, please post some hints on how this could be done.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
If you have 1.5.311.2 operator version you should use this official update version: TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_Ship.zip . It is posted on www.smartmobil.no and it is for phones distributed by Dangaard Norway.

I'm sure this one is right for you. Languages included are: UK English, Hungarian , French, Finnish, US English, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish and Slovenian

That's just great, pawr - yer a star :-) You must have eyes like a s**thouse rat, because I couldn't find this one :-)

Strange thing # 152,076: Telecare - the company which I'm told to contact for servicing according to my IMEI - seem to be owned by Dangaard; yet my IMEI still comes up as invalid on Dangaard's site. Weird ;)

I'll post here with the result of the update after I've got around to it...

--

Zom

: )

Guest mfurse
This is what I'm talking about. I want to upgrade using a "supported" ROM for my specific build of 8310. I was able to update the version of Clearvue that came in the CD that shipped with my 8310. I contacted Westtek, gave them the IMEI number of my 8310 and they supplied me with an updated version of the Clearvue Suite. Namely, version 2.41.387.3 at no charge. If I upgrade my phone with an usupported ROM, the CD version of Clearvue and the update will not install. My friend has a SP5 and he tried to install Clearvue, but he got the same error about requiring a different ROM. I guess the ROMs have signatures that tie them to specific operators. As far as I know, qtekcorp.com is supposed to provide support for my Qtek 8310. The IMEI of my phone is recognized by this site. The problem is that the site is fairly new and has very little content. qtekcorp.com does not have a download section or links to a where the new ROM could be downloaded. There is no mention of ROMs anywhere.

Edit: Forgot to ask... How do I save the ROM that is currently installed in my phone? You know, in case I have problems with the new one.

I too had the CD with clearvue but had a problem that it wouldn't install on the strage card. I was given a serial no by westtek and told to get the 30 day trial from their site. I installed the trial on the phone after the upgrade to AKU2 and just put the serial in to register it - works a charm.

Matt

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
That's just great, pawr - yer a star :-) You must have eyes like a s**thouse rat, because I couldn't find this one :-)

Strange thing # 152,076: Telecare - the company which I'm told to contact for servicing according to my IMEI - seem to be owned by Dangaard; yet my IMEI still comes up as invalid on Dangaard's site. Weird ;)

I'll post here with the result of the update after I've got around to it...

--

Zom

Heh :-) Excellent stuff - worked a treat. Had a bit of a scare the first 2 times I ran the update; the PC-app crashed having restarted the phone and gone to bootloader, but 3rd time lucky :P

One little thing about the update process: it seems so old-fashioned. I was updating my son's PSP on the weekend, and that update process is just excellent. It saves all volatile data to the PSP's Memory Stick before updating then sticks it all back afterwards - really cool and a massive time-saver.

Never mind, glad it worked with the 8310 anyway. Now I can have hours of fun setting the phone up - again ;)

Thanks once again, pawr.

--

Chris

Guest dm251x
Actually where is the Qtek8300 ROM update on the smartmobi website??? I dont see it and would appreciate nyone pointing the right direction to the Qtek8300 ROM update in English language.

HEY, I FOUND IT: THE 8300 upgrade:

http://www.smartmobil.no/index.php?name=Up...eq=getit&lid=84

only thing is, I don't have the balls to install it because I am worried that it won't be in English. Please try and let me (and others) know if it is in English.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
HEY, I FOUND IT: THE 8300 upgrade:

http://www.smartmobil.no/index.php?name=Up...eq=getit&lid=84

only thing is, I don't have the balls to install it because I am worried that it won't be in English. Please try and let me (and others) know if it is in English.

I've just downloaded the 8310 ROM from the same site. My ROM has English, danish, swedish, finnish, slovak, norwegian and a couple more. I think that most ROM versions have english as a default.

Another thing: I can now log-in to www.qtek.dk in order to download F/W updates etc. with my (suddenly valid ;) ) IMEI number. I suppose that Dangaard mark the IMEI as active once they know that the phone's been sold on by the retailer.

So, to anyone in Denmark having trouble with an invalid IMEI #: try to register at qtek.dk a couple of times a week until they've registered your phone as active....

--

Chris

Edited by Chris b.a.r.f.

Guest zjchaser

GREAT post. This worked perfectly as mine also had the invalid # problem with the upgrade, I just did this following step by step and it worked perfect, not a single hickup. Just might want to mention in the registry the its the local_machine folder

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
GREAT post. This worked perfectly as mine also had the invalid # problem with the upgrade, I just did this following step by step and it worked perfect, not a single hickup. Just might want to mention in the registry the its the local_machine folder

From the original post:

Navigate to: HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\

;-)

--

Chris

Guest jamao

Someone could tell me what languages have to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe ROM?

Is in the spanish language?

Thanks

Edited by jamao

Guest RickP in AZ

Anyone?

In case you are still in search of a solution, I recently purchased my Qtek 8310 from Mad Monkey Boy and just successfully applied the ROM update. I didn't have to change the CID or anything. Since it is not allowed to directly link to ROM update I can give you the file name I used:

to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe

I don't know whether this is the lastest and greatest, and I've only just completed it 10 minutes ago so now am in the process of reinstalling apps, etc. but so far it seems to have worked. New Comm Manager, changes to the default Home screen, defaults to English language, etc.

System Info now shows:

ROM version: 2.0.9.0

OPERATOR version: 2.5.312.1

Good Luck

Edited by RickP in AZ

Guest sporkguy
I have a qtek 8310 with imate firmware (rom v: 2.0.8.0).

Whats the difference from that v to the new one?

I'm not sure if 2.0.8.0 is the AKU2 one, but I'm running the imate 2.5.331.2 version on my 8310 and its smooth as can be. I'd recommend upgrading the firmware if you get any problems with the current one ;)

Guest chad-r

summary: Qtec 8310 firmware 2.0.9.0 Windows dir is read-only

I posted this to the incorrect "device specific" forum the other day and didn't get a reply, so better luck now...

I've installed the Qtec 8310 firmware 2.0.9.0 on my US T-Mobile SDA and found Windows dir is read-only. I also tried the i-mate SP5m 2.0.8.0 firmware and it too had a read-only Windows dir. I've spent much time trying to find a FAQ or post to address this, but I give up.

I wanted to remap some keys and I can't do that. I also tried to install the keylock from

the link below but it would not install. Something about system permission not ok.

http://maniac.fschreiner.de/component/opti...gid,5/Itemid,3/

So is there any way to unprotect the windows directory and other any other directories?

Chad

Guest ainz

Hey all. I've got an 8310 purchased from expansys.ch (Nordic version). Other ROM updates posted on this forum haven't worked, but this one ran smooth as silk.

Big props flying out to the poster of this link.